Votes: 3 13.0%
  • OTHER (Please state)

Votes: 1 4.3%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good month for us that has seen a turn-around in our performances.

Surely amongst the running this month -

Paul Scholes is finding the form that has seen him touted England's best footballer. Ending a long barren run against Charlton, he then netted 2 against West Brom and has also chipped in with an assist. Voted OPTA player of the month.

Ruud van Nistelrooy seems to be back to his clinical best. Scoring 7 goals in 4 1/2 games :eekani: . Including 4 against Sparta Prague.

Wayne Rooney has been called the man responsible for our resurgence. He's arguably the pivotal player in our new 4-3-3 formation. His creativity and eye for a pass is exactly what we've missed. An impressive 3 assists and 2 goals this month.

Darren Fletcher has come in and been impressive when asked to fill in for a tired Ronaldo. 2 assists and some very solid performances. But as there have been some real 'eyecatchers' this month, unlikely to win.

Rio Ferdinand has been his usual cool, composed self. A rock at the heart of our defence. Again, like Darren, he's unlikely to amass enough votes.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
I am voting for Scholes. Even though Ruud coming back to form is great, without Scholes at his best, we suck in midfield, which was 1 of the main reasons for us not scoring goals this season.. He was great against Newscastle, and since then he has been our best player :), 1 against Charlton and 2 against WBA. If he does not get injured, he could go on a run, like he did 2 years ago when we won the league, and get 20 or at least +15 goals.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I gotta go with Scholes too. I don't know if it was the retirement from international football or what but his been playing amazing lately.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Scholes,Ruud and Fletch have performed creditably but my vote goes to Keano for he has been an absolute monster in the games that he has played.Whether it was the UCL game or the League games,Keano seemed like his old self once again and keep in mind that he was unfit at the start of the season.

He might not be able to carry it on for the entire season but like always, captain magnificent rose to the ocassion when his team needed him the most and helped to pull them out of the drought.It'll be a sad day when he decides to quit...a sad day for football!:proud:

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Shaf said:
Scholes,Ruud and Fletch have performed creditably but my vote goes to Keano for he has been an absolute monster in the games that he has played.Whether it was the UCL game or the League games,Keano seemed like his old self once again and keep in mind that he was unfit at the start of the season.

He might not be able to carry it on for the entire season but like always, captain magnificent rose to the ocassion when his team needed him the most and helped to pull them out of the drought.It'll be a sad day when he decides to quit...a sad day for football!:proud:
Great choice :thmbup: , I was suprised that SDD didnt talk about him in the poll, but because I chose Scholes, I didn't say anything.
If Keano/Scholesy/Ruud keep the form from this month up, we should win all our matches till January.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
I usually do not like to predict future outcomes because they fall flat on my face consistently.Hopefully the lads are in a groove now and will carry it on cause we need to if we realistically want to be with Chelsea and Arsenal come the end of Feb.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Well your right with this unconsistent team, you cannot be sure, so it is better to take it 1 game at a time. (We thought after the Fener game that we would go on a run, we didn't, same after the Arse game). But after the last 2 weeks, I am feeling a bit more confident that we can actually make a great run now (if we lose the next EPL match ill die, after having said this).

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Special mention also for Heinze.Not easy for a guy who's had a long summer to come in and put on performances like he has for us.Has made the left-back position his own and has added much more attacking threat with his tenacious running and heading down the flank.:)

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Heinze has been our most consistent player this year, another assist on the weekend, but this month, I think Scholesy/Ruud/Keano contributed more for us.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
BTW O'Shea:D, on his 2nd interview today, he was saying he intends to get the left back position back, and keep it for years:D....the guy is as delusional as Doc.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Drito said:
BTW O'Shea:D, on his 2nd interview today, he was saying he intends to get the left back position back, and keep it for years:D....the guy is as delusional as Doc.
if only he backed up his words with action on the field then none of us would be complaining.Instead of giving out interviews he should get down to training hard and try and win his place in the side now that he faces serious competition from Heinze.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
But too bad he won't. In the 1st season, he was dribbling and making runs and for a year and a half he has not done shit. I do not know if he has lost interest or what, because he could at least make an effort but he does not even try to dribble when he plays nowdays.
With him not doing shit on the LB position, it might be the time for fergie to give him a real go at CB and see if he does good there beside Rio. If he ****s up there as well, we should cash on him soon, because his value is going down by the minute.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Can't wait that long mate.He's too soft for the CB position and does not have pace like Micky as well to make up for his poor positioning sense.

If the Geordies came in with a bid of around 5 million quids then grab it with both hands!:)

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Its a mystery though, on how much he changed over 1 ****ing summer. On the 1st season, he was superb at taking people on, and defending(one of the best youngsters), but after the summer, he looked ****ed up. If he became more inconsistent, I would understand as the 2nd season is always harder, but he has not showed 1 bit of the player that he was on the 1st season which is ****ing strange. He has 1 month to change fergies mind, and he should start from Wednesday, or he is gone to Newcastle like you said.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
perhaps he tasted a c*nt for the first time or sniffed coke or sth.....the demise cannot be purely for footballing reasons!:D

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Somebody going for Fletch.The lad's been really good in the last few games but there is much more to come from him.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts