Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just see on the other parts of the forunm that Nov 19th is the International friendly day and a lot of games will take place!

These friendlies will take place:

Montenegro vs Macedonia
Romania vs Georgia
Northern Ireland vs Hungary
Republic of Ireland vs Poland
Brazil vs Portugal
Austria vs Turkey
Denmark vs Wales
Tunisia vs Benin
South Africa vs Cameroon
Oman vs Ghana
Colombia vs Nigeria
Greece vs Italy
Azerbaijan vs Latvia
Slovakia vs Liechtenstein
Scotland vs Argentina
Spain vs Chile
France vs Uruguay
Luxembourg vs Belgium
Serbia vs Bulgaria
Cyprus vs Belarus
Malta vs Iceland
Ukraine vs Norway
Switzerland vs Finland
Netherlands vs Sweden
Germany vs England

Any news on a Croatian friendly?

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
you have pasted it from the WF forum, I had asked exactly this question there. ;)

croatia should play a friendly game too.

·
International
8,545 Posts
I don't think we need to play any friendlies. When you play your first 11 in just about every friendly it become unnecessary to play it in the first place.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I don't think we need to play any friendlies. When you play your first 11 in just about every friendly it become unnecessary to play it in the first place.
What do you mean, just about every? I couldn't name a friendly that we actually started with some experimentation in our lineup, formation, schemes. etc.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
But why not field a 'B' team and play a lesser opponent.

Give all the young guys a good solid run.

Ah... but that costs money!

·
Registered
69,606 Posts
they are also considering a game in Korea or Japan in December, don't know if that's 100% yet but you bet if the HNS will get paid they will go, even if they send the HNL "All-Star" team.

And as IVO says, friendlies under Bilic are pointless, we still see bums like Olic playing and he calls up guys like Ilicevic, Sharbini, Mandzukic, Pokrivac etc.. to fill up numbers

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts

very nice idea, why not to play like most of the european teams on that day, at least to give some backup a real chance to prove themselves. :)

·
Registered
69,606 Posts
that idea hasn't hit any Croatian coach yet....as I said before we would still field bums like Ivica Olic in friendlies, even though we know what he "offers"

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
I think our lack of adventure in previous friendlies can largely be explained by having lots of new players to the squad post WC 2006 and used the friendlies for 'uigravanje', but that shouldn't apply anymore, this group has been together for over two years now.

Great idea and exactly what we should be doing, giving fringe squad members and younger prospects a chance to see what they might be able to offer in the future.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
that idea hasn't hit any Croatian coach yet....as I said before we would still field bums like Ivica Olic in friendlies, even though we know what he "offers"
why you tend to mention olic in particular. does croatia have only olic upfront?

then, how friendly games are pointless?
i think Bilic should change his view on the friendlies. how all teams do invest and get benefits from friendlies and croatia don`t..

·
Registered
69,606 Posts
because for some reason Olic is still starting even though he stinks. Even when Eduardo returns I guarantee Olic will still partnet him. As of right now striker position is thin at the NT. Klasnic hasn't scored a goal at all since the Turkey game, Olic stinks, and we have two HNL players not yet proven at the international level

To be fair, Otto Baric was the last coach to experiment in friendlies, the one problem though is he called up average players (Zekic, Tapalovic etc..) instead of youngsters at that time (Kranjcar).

I never understand how we play friendlies with the same exact lineup we would use against England and only used 2 subs where we see guys like Jerko Leko and a striker which we have seen so many times. Croatia are never risky with young players, outside of Rakitic

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
because for some reason Olic is still starting even though he stinks. Even when Eduardo returns I guarantee Olic will still partnet him. As of right now striker position is thin at the NT. Klasnic hasn't scored a goal at all since the Turkey game, Olic stinks, and we have two HNL players not yet proven at the international level

To be fair, Otto Baric was the last coach to experiment in friendlies, the one problem though is he called up average players (Zekic, Tapalovic etc..) instead of youngsters at that time (Kranjcar).

I never understand how we play friendlies with the same exact lineup we would use against England and only used 2 subs where we see guys like Jerko Leko and a striker which we have seen so many times. Croatia are never risky with young players, outside of Rakitic

thank you my friend..

actually i don`t know more than you about croatia football. but, i should agree with ya now. no need for a friendly when there will be only 1 or 2 changes without looking at other backup players who wait their chances in such games.

what about Petric?? how do you rate him?

·
Registered
69,606 Posts
he is doing well for Hamburg right now but outside of his goal against England he has been semi-disappointing for the NT. In fact, aren't half of his goals against Andorra for the NT?

Hard to believe I'm saying this, but Rukavina needs to find form in Greece. If that's what will take Olic to sit, I'll live with it despite the Ruki bashing :D

·
Registered
9,105 Posts
thank you my friend..

actually i don`t know more than you about croatia football. but, i should agree with ya now. no need for a friendly when there will be only 1 or 2 changes without looking at other backup players who wait their chances in such games.

what about Petric?? how do you rate him?
i rate petric highly even though he has not performed well for the national team..i watched him alot for dortmund last year and he carried them through the first half of the season..he suffered a back injury then and was not the same player and was bad at the euros..he is healthy again now and has been on fire for hamburg lately..technically he is 10 times better then olic he is also a has a fearsome left foot..coaches tend to love olic because his work rate is tremendous but the rest of his game is poor..petric will always be one of my favorites because of that great shot he had to knock out the english..:strong::proud:

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Mladen Petric prodan jer je bio lijen trcati na terenu.

Klopp je od ovoga ljeta na klupi Borussije, a jedan od prvih poteza bila je prodaja Petrića u HSV. Sada je i prvi put progovorio zašto su ga prodali, a naveo je i tri glavna razloga. Mladen je prema Kloppu tražio preveliku plaću, premalo trčao i svađao se sa suigračem.

- Njegova je želja bila napustiti klub. Tražio je golemu plaću, a mi te zahtjeve nismo mogli pratiti - otkrio je Klopp nakon što su ga novinari počeli kritizirati kako je zamijenio igrača koji je za HSV već zabio sedam golova, a kao zamjenu dovesti Zidana koji je sveukupno u Bundesligi zabio jedan gol u 26 utakmica.

Prema Bildu, Petrić u HSV-u ima duplo veću plaću nego u Borussiji, gdje je igrao za 1,4 milijun eura godišnje. Drugi razlog za prodaju bila je svađa sa švicarskim kolegom iz napada Alexanderom Freijom. Sukob navodno datira iz davnih dana, dok su obojica kandidirali za juniorsku reprezentaciju Švicarske. Treći razlog bila je Mladenova indolentnost na terenu. Klopp je bio izuzetno iziritiran njegovim trkačkim doprinosom. Kloppova je omiljena nogometna filozofija presing na obrambeni red suparnika, što s Petrićem u igri, procijenio je, ne bi mogao provoditi.

Što na sve to kaže Mladen, ostaje za vidjeti, a vjerujemo kako nećemo dugo čekati na odgovore jednog od najboljih hrvatskih napadača. Uostalom, Mladen je svoj odgovor poslao igrama na terenu.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Mladen Petric will go down as another one of the many talented players who never really made the impact we were looking for.

He will score goals in the Bundesliga, which ever former jug player, seems to do and he will make alot of money in the process, and God bless him for it.

But he will never become a "legend" or a guy who can be counted on. There have been many like him, and there will be many in the future, but only the special ones become legendary, and he just doesnt have that "little extra."

·
Registered
9,105 Posts
Mladen Petric will go down as another one of the many talented players who never really made the impact we were looking for.

He will score goals in the Bundesliga, which ever former jug player, seems to do and he will make alot of money in the process, and God bless him for it.

But he will never become a "legend" or a guy who can be counted on. There have been many like him, and there will be many in the future, but only the special ones become legendary, and he just doesnt have that "little extra."
orkan he already is a legend in many croatians eyes..scoring the game winning goal in wembley to knock the english out of the euros is about a good a moment u can have in your career..oh and orkan mladen is not a former jug:yuck: player..he was born in bosna but moved to swiss at a very young age..

1 - 20 of 34 Posts