Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOVELLINO WILL BE AT SAMP.It's official.

Piacenza is already looking for another triner,young and motivated.

It seems that Novellino will keep with himself,Mora,Matuzalem and Gautieri.

But they are just voices.

Maybe Stellone!!!!!:D But I don't think I will come in Genova:serie A is waiting for him.But i would accept him at samp with pleasure.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Novellino signs Samp deal
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walter Novellino will be the new Sampdoria boss after he signed a three-year deal with the port club.

The move has been in the air for the past few months but won’t be made official until Monday – once the current Serie B campaign is over.

"We need to respect people that are still working," said Samp director Giuseppe Marotta. "And the teams that are still fighting for objectives."

Novellino is a known promotion expert after his previous spells with Venezia, Napoli and Piacenza.

The former Milan midfielder, who will earn a reported 1.6m Euros in the next three years, has just saved Piacenza from the drop in Serie A.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Novellino sets out Samp plans Tuesday 4 June, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walter Novellino has spoken to the press for the first time since he was appointed Coach of fallen giants Sampdoria.

¡§I chose Samp by refusing other interesting offers from Serie A clubs,¡¨ said the tactician to saved Piacenza from relegation this season.

¡§I made that choice because this club has a great project for the future. Next year there will be ten or twelve sides battling for promotion into the top flight, and we will be among them.¡¨

Novellino had been linked with the Blucerchiati for several months, but the news was only made official on Monday after the season had concluded with a disappointing tenth place finish.

The press conference was held on his 49th birthday as Novellino took the reigns from Gianfranco Bellotto at the Genoa-based club.

¡§I have signed a three-year performance-based contract,¡¨ revealed the former Venezia boss.

General Director Giuseppe Marotta added, ¡§This is almost a contract between the club and its objectives, the kind of deal we will be seeing a lot more of in today¡¦s football.¡¨

¡§But we are certain that Novellino is the best man to achieve these results for Sampdoria.¡¨

The Serie B side was also buoyed by the news that hitman Francesco Flachi has extended his contract by a further three years with an option for a fourth.

This deal is also performance-based, with a sharp rise in wages if the team earns promotion into Serie A.

As for Piacenza, current Ternana tactician Andrea Agostinelli will replace Novellino.

Another Serie B team aiming for promotion is Vicenza. It has been reported that Spezia Coach Andrea Mandorlini has been chosen to lead their return to the top flight next season.

channel4

1 - 3 of 3 Posts