Xtratime Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Novellino offers Trap advice Thursday 5 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sampdoria boss Walter Novellino feels he has a number of players that could feature for Italy at Euro 2004.

Azzurri boss Giovanni Trapattoni has already selected striker Fabio Bazzani this term but Novellino feels there are others capable of joining him in the set-up.

"A number of my men deserve a chance," stated the former Piacenza tactician (pictured). "I’ve been promoting Sergio Volpi for some time.

"Yet there are others too like Aimo Diana and Stefano Bettarini. Trapattoni has a number of choices."

Diana has impressed on the right hand side of midfield this term, while Bettarini is being tipped for a maiden call-up despite his 32 years.

"This is not the first time that I’ve been having a positive season," said the left-back. "It’s just the first time that people have noticed."

The fact that Bettarini has won mass plaudits this term for his football is of great satisfaction to him.

The player up to now has been more well known in Italy, perhaps harshly, because he is married to popular TV presenter Simona Ventura.

channel4

1 - 1 of 1 Posts