Xtratime Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serie A Reaction: Novellino Furious As Cuper Sees Glory

Cuper Could Make History Next Week In Rome
04/28/2002. Piacenza manager Walter Novellino launched a severe attack on the situation of Italian football after the match that saw his ten-man side fall to league leaders Inter.

"Unfortunately in the end it is always the small teams that pay the consequences. I don't want to discuss the referee's performance today as he did what he had to do. Today's defeat is certainly not one we deserved but this is what happens in Italian football that gives more importance to spoken words than the actual game.

It's time everyone stopped talking during the week: something Moratti should have done last week. I believe that too much attention is being paid to what goes on during the week and if things don't change it will get worse and worse for the smaller sides."

---------------------------

With Recoba, Vieri and Ronaldo on the pitch together, and all in great form, Inter manager Hector Cuper won a game has neared him to the first piece of silverware of his coaching career.

"I decided that we would have to play a very cautious side today because we knew how dangerous Piacenza could be.

In the end I think the better squad won and we are now a victory away from the glorious end to a great season. I believe that if we remain concentrated we will manage to go to Rome and win our final clash against Lazio."

1 - 1 of 1 Posts