Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Novellino defends Recoba
Monday 6 December, 2004

Sampdoria boss Walter Novellino has fuelled talk that his club will make a bid to sign Alvaro Recoba.

The Uruguayan is struggling to feature at Inter but Novellino, who bossed him at Venezia, is offering him support.

"My only piece of advice for him is to just stay calm and show Inter what he is capable of," stated the tactician.

"He shouldn’t get too down about what is going on. After all, he made the difference for Inter when he came on in the 2-2 draw against Juventus.

"I can simply say that Alvaro Recoba is a great."

The attacker, who enjoyed a six-month loan stint at Venezia in 1999, is believed to be assessing his future.

Sampdoria are keen to sign him given his relationship with Novellino but also Doria’s problems in front on goal.

There are whispers that suggest he could be loaned out but only if Julio Cruz, who is also tipped with an exit, remains at the San Siro.

Recoba was last week associated with a move to Palermo but the Sicilian outfit are not too keen on his wage demands.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Sounds a bit farfetched that Recoba is coming here just because Novellino says he is good. We all know Novellino thinks so already, and I think the only way for El Chino to join us would be a six month loan with Inter paying part of his wages.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
if we get recoba...i will have novellino as my avatar for 2 weeks.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Novellino got to know Recoba very well at Venezia and virtually single handedly saved the Venetians from the drop.If the Urufuayan was to arrive at the Samp Imagine how much of an influence he'd have.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Out of sympathy for Toni I will eat my balls too, because I also have a hard time believing Recoba would join Samp. If he does, my balls would taste all the better anyways!

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
ToniSamp said:
If Recoba joins Sampdoria in January I eat my balls, that means: I'm certain that he won't. :D
Coglioni di Toni in Salsa Lennon :D

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
It's about time Recoba left Inter. Such a waste, this player could have been the best in the world. Same for Emre, both should leave for somewhere else IMO. Not sure Sampdoria is the right place but maybe.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Row sends Recoba to Samp? Sunday 12 December, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alvaro Recoba confirmed a furious row with Roberto Mancini that could see the Uruguayan sold to Sampdoria next month.

"We had words during training and the Coach decided to leave me at home," revealed Recoba this afternoon. "Nothing else happened and I never lacked respect for anyone, nor do I want to be disrespected."

It was already rumoured there were tensions between the two men, but they exploded during Saturday’s training session when he discovered he wouldn’t be in the starting eleven despite impressing in the midweek Champions’ League win over Anderlecht.

Recoba was not even included in the squad travelling to Siena and Mancini confirmed in his press conference that this was “a technical decision.”

It’s now increasingly likely that the Uruguayan will be loaned out in January with Sampdoria and Palermo both eager to take him on.

"I want Inter to win whether I am on the field or not," added Recoba, "and the Coach has a right to make his decisions. However, it is increasingly difficult for me to spend such a long time on the sidelines."

The Blucerchiati would be his favoured solution as he’d hook up with Coach Walter Novellino, perhaps the only tactician to get consistently good performances out of the creative midfielder.

Recoba shot to fame during his loan spell at Novellino’s Venezia in 1999, scoring 10 goals in 19 games and single-handedly saving the club from an almost certain relegation.

He has flattered to deceive ever since and his multi-million pound contract was often bitterly criticised in the press. This week the international also conceded, “I am only here thanks to patron Massimo Moratti and hope to repay him for his faith in me.”

The move to Sampdoria would suit all three parties, as the Genoa club is struggling for inspiration with a poor scoring record, while Inter hope this spell away can allow him to rediscover his Venezia form.

channel4

·
Registered
101 Posts
recoba is what la samp needs rite now...
i think recoba is an exceptional player and would complement the skills of flachi and bazzani very well. i must admit that bazzani has been very disappointing this year, and doni doesnt seem to have recovered 100% yet. just imagine a samp team with recoba, i think he would put samp over the top!

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Moratti blasts Inter flops Monday 13 December, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter chief Massimo Moratti has blamed his players rather than boss Roberto Mancini following yet another draw.

The Nerazzurri collected their 12 of the season yesterday, against 10-man Siena, but Mancio has been cleared of any responsibility.

"The trip to Siena should have been a demonstration of continuity after our recent good form but that wasn’t the case," said the owner with regard to the 2-2 draw.

"I saw some errors in defence which simply should not have occurred. We need to be more alert and prudent.

"Things shouldn’t have gone the way they did, like the penalty which Adriano missed in the second half."

The San Siro giants now find themselves a massive 17 points behind leaders Juventus despite being unbeaten.

There also seems to be problems within the camp after Alvaro Recoba was left at home for the Tuscan trip.

That led to whispers that the Uruguayan would be sold in January but Moratti insists that won’t occur.

"There is absolutely no need to sell him," explained the owner. "He wasn’t taken to Siena for a reason but that doesn’t change the value of the player.

"Recoba hasn’t asked to be sold and the club won’t sell him. After all, Inter will ignore the January transfer window."

channel4

·
Registered
101 Posts
moratti is an idiot! he is the reason they havent won the scudetto in a long time! imagine if they still had players like pirlo or seedorf. the guy sells everyone and buys crap players to replace them. look at van der meyde that guy could never cut it in serie a!

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Dattilo said:
moratti is an idiot! he is the reason they havent won the scudetto in a long time! imagine if they still had players like pirlo or seedorf. the guy sells everyone and buys crap players to replace them. look at van der meyde that guy could never cut it in serie a!
Exactly the guy wants to have a revolution at inter every season,The balance of the squad is constantly being disturbed and that's one focal point.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Samp rule out Recoba Friday 24 December, 2004

Inter enigma Alvaro Recoba is unlikely to join Sampdoria during the January transfer window.

The Uruguayan has been associated with the port club but Doria boss Walter Novellino has ruled out a swoop.

"I don’t want to give our fans false hope," the tactician told the Corriere dello Sport newspaper.

"I am well aware of the fact that my President is a realist and everyone knows that it won’t be easy bringing in Recoba. Negotiations would be really difficult."

Recoba has been linked with a New Year exit as he doesn’t seem to be a key part of Roberto Mancini’s plans at the San Siro.

Talk of a move to Samp have gathered pace recently given that Novellino is a massive fan of the 28-year-old.

The two men worked together at Venezia for the first six months of 1999 after the striker arrived on loan.

"I firmly believe that Recoba is not a player for Inter or for Sampdoria," added the former Piacenza boss.

"Alvaro is an individual for Real Madrid, Manchester United, Arsenal, for a top club. And you know why? Because he’s a real player."

channel4

1 - 20 of 30 Posts