Xtratime Community banner
4181 - 4200 of 4223 Posts

·
puzz!eshock
1,833 Posts
all these nobodies criticising nole lol.. and these reporters always put this kinda bs out there its like including stoners and amateurs like me nobody really gives a damn

·
Registered
11,984 Posts
Nole lost 7 games in a row to zverev, now down 3-0 in the third getting broken twice.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
Djokovic loses 1-6, 6-3, 6-1 to Zverev after being 6-1, 3-2 and a break... imploded... was broken 4 straight times

well done to Zverev

·
Registered
11,984 Posts
Sadly Djokovic lost in a very uncharacteristic manner losing 10 of the last 11 games played after going up 6-1, 3-2...

·
Registered
11,984 Posts
He lost mixed doubles too now. Good for him trying to help Nina win a medal she most likely never have won but this definitely hurt him

·
Registered
11,984 Posts
Djokovic fought to tie up the bronze medal match 1 set each but then lost a long rally and whipped his racquet into the empty crowd. Goes down 3 -0 and smashes his racquet. Loses 6-3 in the 3re set after saving match point 5 times. Carreno Busta played a nearly perfect game hitting wide serves right in the line over and over which Nole could do absolutely nothing to counter.

let's hope he recovers mentally to salvage the bronze in mixed doubles vs Australia.

·
Registered
11,984 Posts
Sadly the match with Australia did not happen as Serbia withdrew due to injury.

An extremely awful weekend for our Olympic athletes

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Djokovic hasnt done as well in masters last few years cause there isnt a 1 day break like in slams same with olympics but maybe this will be a good thing leading up to the us open

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
He did himself no favours. He's an absolute entitled brat to do this at the Olympics.

Djokovic can be his own worst enemy when it comes to his image... the roars, the screaming at umpires, breaking racquets etc... for example, Djokovic could suffocate all/a lot of those stories and opinion pieces about being unloved or at least less appreciated than Federer and Nadal if he simply conveyed indifference to it but he continues to make a play to be loved by western sporting crowds

but he is what he is... and that fire that spills over with the tantrums, the screaming and racquet breaking is also - I believe - that drive, that inat, that has helped him achieve such great success and to be the Houdini of tennis

and it is a common trait amongst Balkan sports men and women... like Bratislav Živković once said, everything is that little bit hotter in the Balkans... our footballers, our basketballers, our coaches, our fans etc.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
Djokovic hasnt done as well in masters last few years cause there isnt a 1 day break like in slams same with olympics but maybe this will be a good thing leading up to the us open
I don't think Djokovic is as focused on masters tournaments as much anymore and the younger generations still struggle to win best of 5 set matches against the Big 3

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
Jokic by the way looking smart not going to olympics this year . People need rest
Jokić has a couple years left on his current deal and he will be signing a super max contract in the near future... the Nuggets also got dumped out of the playoffs by the Suns that swept them and there will be more pressure on him moving forward as a league MVP... I doubt Jokić will be playing for the NT often in the future

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
I disagree about jokic. Murray being injured he knows he will have to carry load again next season. I think jokic will play for nt sooner.

Also I understand Djokovic he pushed himself to physical exhaustion he didnt have the will power to hold his emotions back . His mistake was thinking he was superman thinking he can play mixed doubles on top of singles.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
I disagree about jokic. Murray being injured he knows he will have to carry load again next season. I think jokic will play for nt sooner.

Also I understand Djokovic he pushed himself to physical exhaustion he didnt have the will power to hold his emotions back . His mistake was thinking he was superman thinking he can play mixed doubles on top of singles.
I understand why Djokovic went to the Olympics... a historical opportunity considering he has won the three Grand Slam tournaments this year and to achieve a Golden Slam like Steffi Graf by winning gold and then the US... I also don't think the mixed doubles was overly taxing on him

that said, the conditions in Tokyo were tough with the heat and humidity

but I think the biggest problem is the expectations and pressure Djokovic puts on himself to win for Serbia... for example, the three times I can recall him crying after a match were the standing ovation he got from the Paris crowd after losing to Wawrinka in 2015, his first round exit at the 2016 Olympics, and his semi final loss to Zverev here

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Part of tennis is recovery process. He was playing mixed doubles late into the night then like you say playing in the heat the next day. His mixed doubles match shouldve been recovery time especially at his age

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
Federer to undergo knee surgery again... out of the US Open and will need months to rehabilitate

4181 - 4200 of 4223 Posts