Xtratime Community banner

4101 - 4108 of 4108 Posts

·
Registered
11,816 Posts
If only he showed that emotion in the first set then it could have been a different match, unfortunately he showed it way too late

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Congratulations & respect to Nadal, ridiculously good. It somewhat reminded me of AUS Open '19 where it was opposite. Crazy how much surface makes the difference. The way this is going looks like Novak will be chasing to break Nadals GS record rather than Federer. If he didn't waste nearly 2 years delaying the elbow surgery by listening to "guru" Pepe & his wife brainwashing him - he would already have 20 by now.

·
Zeko lopove...
7,496 Posts
Congratulations & respect to Nadal, ridiculously good. It somewhat reminded me of AUS Open '19 where it was opposite.
Agreed, you can't help but just applaud. Nadal was too good, and I still think his match-ups against Nole are where we see where tennis is headed.

Reactions: LjubaM

·
Registered
905 Posts
Are there no ‘doubts’ over Nadsl’s apparent superhuman strength and stamina ?

I really like the guy but I’m sure I remember his body seemingly breaking down fairly regularly about 5 years ago ( or more ?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Djokovic played too many tournaments leading up to the french he's focused on surpassing pederer total weeks in career at number 1 , once he surpasses that he will probably do what nadal did and train specifically for slams. Not having Wimbledon and being disqualified from us open was a big setback

·
Registered
11,816 Posts
Djokovic won his 9th Australian Open and 18th grand slam after dominating Daniil Medvedev 7-5, 6-2, 6-2 in less than 2 hours.

Reactions: BL4NK

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
Broke the record for number of hard court grand slams (12) and is about to break the record for weeks as #1. Unbelievable accomplishments!

The improved serving, if he can sustain it, could be incredibly important for him going forward in terms of shortening points and prolonging his career.

4101 - 4108 of 4108 Posts