4021 - 4040 of 4080 Posts

·
Registered
13,414 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
“It just depends how long I’m going to play. It depends not only on myself, it depends on circumstances in life,” the father of two added

This is his quote that makes me unsure . He also talks about it depends on his family circumstances because he needs their support seems odd he's unsure if he will get that in the future

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Draw.stacked against Djokovic potentially red hot medvedev in quarters, pederer in semis, Nadal finals. To be expected as Djokovic gets closer to pederer and Nadal in the slam count

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
I think he'll wipe the floor, once again. I think mentally, right now, he's untouchable. He's saving himself for these biggest tournaments. I'll be surprised if he loses to anyone outside Nadal on what is his best surface.

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Let's hope he opted for skipping Canadian open for the first time that I can remember he felt like rest was more important
Im pretty sure he skipped it multiple times as every so often i message my cousin and say "see this is why i never have seen him play because if i ordered tickets to the quarters-finals, he wouldnt have even been there"... My friend went to montreal for a week to watch him and he wasnt there... I think Sarma met him last year when the tournament was in Toronto.

·
Registered
13,414 Posts
Djokovic beats Roberto Carballes Baena 6-4, 6-1, 6-4 in the opening round of the US Open

a tough draw though for Nole... potentially Wawrinka in the 4th round, Medvedev in the quarters, and Federer in the semis if Nole gets thru

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Nole quit in the 3rd set vs wawrinka down 2 sets to 0 2 games to 1. Had a 4-1 lead in the 2nd set but couldn't hold on. Disgusting crowd in new York booed him but if it was pederer or nadal they would have been in tears due to all the conditioning they have received over the years.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
The fans were idiots during the match I don't think Djokovic wanted to give them the satisfaction of a full match .I think Djokovic was mentally burned out. The signs started to show before Wimbledon when he added ivanisevic as some sort of motivational tool because he sure isn't an all time great coach .Something seemed off with me after Wimbledon he has a new coach on board with ivanisevic you would think playing Canadian open like he usually does would give the two more time together to work on whatever the point was in making him a coach . The loss reminds me of when he won 4 slams in a row then lost early to Sam querry at Wimbledon . Last night he entered winning 4 of last 5 slams showed no emotion on the court whatsoever.

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
Nole will come back hungry. His comments after the match indicated to me that he just needs a bit of recovery, which when you're playing at his level all athletes do. It's been the same with Federer and Nadal.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Most of media has been focused on whether Djokovic can catch pederer but the guy he's going to have to catch is Nadal and thats probably going to be a problem . I don't think Djokovic can sustain it mentally to catch Nadal

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Djokovic blew a 4-1 lead yesterday vs Thiem in the 3rd set to lose 7-6 and lost both sets today vs pederer. Thiem and pederer advance.

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Djokovic has been named player of the decade by the tennis channel :giggle:

·
Registered
11,680 Posts

·
Registered
17,480 Posts
It is nothing to be proud of.

Mate, I love Djokovic, he is my favourite player, but bragging about someone or something random praising him is just making him look desperate.

4021 - 4040 of 4080 Posts