Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,937 Posts
looks like Sol Campbell's Macclesfield could stay up at County's expense. He's done well there so far in his 1st job as a manager.

In 2010 there was a lot of hype about Notts County, they won League 2 and were being taken over by a consortium from the Middle East. Sol Campbell joined to play in defence (he ended up just playing 1 game for them). However that all fell through. More recently they've gone for big name ex Premier League players to manage them like Kevin Nolan, Harry Kewell & Neal Ardley but it hasn't worked.

·
Registered
69,126 Posts
Its obviously not the same thing but I saw Yeovil Town relegated out the EFL, it seems like they were in the Championship only like 3-4 years ago, although it was a one season stint.

Meanwhile I'm hoping those hipsters at Forest Green Rovers go up to League One :stuckup:

·
Registered
31,536 Posts
the oldest football club in the world is currently sitting at the bottom of League Two with two games to go and 2 points behind the 22nd placed team.

they were the founding members of the Football League in 1888 and have never dropped out

Looking at the graph, it's funny how it was always one of the clubs that "counted", to me at least, unlike Wigan or whatever. I thought the reason was they happened to be in the top tier at one point during my formative league-table-reading years from roughty 1989-1993. Could be the other history though, or the Anglo-Italian Cup title from 1995, where they beat a zebra-striped club in the final.

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
I remember Notts County lost in the final to Brescia in 94. They had Hagi at that time and he played.

A whole load of my mates went to that game. It was hilarious.

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
Because it's the oldest pro club and was still in the football until a few days ago.

There is a bit of an argument to which team is the oldest in the football league
Some say Forest, some say Stoke. Apparently Stoke was formed before Forest but folded and started a new club after Forest formed.

So technically it's Forest.

Nottingham, the home of football. The home of Bentex.

·
Registered
42,669 Posts
Lim's wikipedia is pretty interesting. At one point he moved to Australia and worked various odd jobs - taxi driver, cook, waiter etc. until he graduated from the University of Western Australia with a degree in finance and accounting.

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
Lim's wikipedia is pretty interesting. At one point he moved to Australia and worked various odd jobs - taxi driver, cook, waiter etc. until he graduated from the University of Western Australia with a degree in finance and accounting.
That's what the majority of what people who go to Uni do.
Gabi worked order picking at Amazon and then at a café at Luton Airport.

Even rich people get a shitty job. My little lady made her daughter work in the supermarket while she was studying law.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts