Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to make the polls as accurate as possible but I don't have an in-depth knowledge of every country. The team will be a 4-4-2 formation and I'm going to post all the team lists (except Italy) that I have. This way you can correct any mistakes I might have made. Once again, thanks to everybody who helped me with team lists.

Greece
ST: Nikolaidas
ST: Charisteas

Portugal
ST: Pauleta
ST: Gomes

Russia
ST: Boulykin
ST: Sychev

Spain
ST: Raul
ST: Torres

Croatia
ST: Prso
ST: Sokota

England
ST: Owen
ST: Rooney

France
ST: Henry
ST: Trezeguet

Switzerland
ST: Chapuisat
ST: Streller

Bulgaria
ST: Berbatov
ST: Martin Petrov

Denmark
ST: Tomasson
ST: Sand

Sweden
ST: Ibrahimovic
ST: Allback

Czech
ST: Koller
ST: Baros

Germany
ST: Kuranyi
ST: Bobic

Latvia
ST: Pahars
ST: Verpakovskis

Netherlands
ST: Van Nistelrooy
ST: Kluivert

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Luigi Vampa said:

Russia
LB: Sennikov
RB: Evseev
CD: Onopko
CD: Ignashevitch
LM: Smertin
RM: Alenichev
CM: Mostovoi
CM: Izmailov
ST: Boulykin
ST: Sychev

damn ...maybe u can delete Izmailov( just because he's to young and i don't think him will be starter...but maybe i'm wrong :rollani: ) and put Titov cuz he's a "piece" of history:rollani:

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i changed it arianna. bresciano, well wait and see if any french or dutch people reply. as long as they agree with you i can make those changes.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Luigi: France has changed into Real Madrid mould. Zidane starts out from the left, goes central when in posession and Henry drifts out to the left, with Pires on the right. Makelele to partner Vieira in the center. Wiltord won't be starting (If I'm wrong correct me Frenchies :).

Arianna: Jørgensen normally plays on the left wing in a formation you could call 4-2-2-1-1 with two defensive midfielders, 2 wingers one area striker and one forward taking runs back and forth behind him. Some times Jørgensen plays that mobile forward spot, and some times he and Grønkjær switches wings (or Rommedahl or Løvenkrands- flexible like with Udine, but normally starting out from the left). He played the free forward role against England where he scored twice, and I do hope we try that more often.

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Glen said:

He played the free forward role against England where he scored twice, and I do hope we try that more often.
Spalletti use him more time like that....and he's always great but you know what? when he play "free" medfielder he's great too(...in the game with Milan him played like this and do great things!)

Luigi, u know what i thougt...nobody will vote for one russian player...cuz all people underrate them and don't know them:rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i initially had zidane on the left with no wiltord but when i browsed a few sites i found on google, they had wiltord in and no makelele. so i just went with that. but i can change it.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if anybody knows more about greece please help out. that one was entirely on my own and im not very familliar with their team.

portugal and russia should be set as i had help on those.

spain, croatia and england i did on my own and one of the english had the same line up so im sure theyre okay.

france looks set except possibly putting in gallas.

switzerland, bulgaria, denmark, sweden, the czech republic and latvia were all teams i got help with so the list should be pretty accurate except for differing opinions.

germany and holland i did on my own. dont feel confident with germany and with holland well wait and see about the changes bresciano suggested. but a bit of serie a bias is good for us isnt it?

:)

·
Registered
36,107 Posts
you got us perfect, Luigi you know your footie man :)

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks ero;-)

about sokota, i know hes not standard on your team but i went with him anyway. i think hes better than mornar and olic. tomislav maric was a question mark because i dont know what happened to him. all i know was that he was on the team and all of a sudden hes gone and nobody talks about him. i thought it had to be injury but like i said, i havent heard anything at all about him for a long time.

but if you want him there instead of sokota, just let me know. we probably wont get to the strikers for at least a week so theres time.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Luigi,
Glen is spot on for France, however, this past year (2003) in most of the games, Wiltord has been the starting player on the right wing instead of Pires...:stress: Don't ask me the reason behind it, but apparently, Pires's lack of form coupled with the good performances of Niño (Wiltord) for France have had him get some positive points in Santini's mind...I simply and sincerely hope that by the time the Euro starts, Pires gets back to his best form and that Giuly is also given a shot as he's more complete than Wiltord any given day.

As to the defence, it's still an experimental field for Santini. Desailly has started most of the time in central defence when fit, but when not fit, Gallas played there and even once or twice, Santini has had the "guts" to play Thuram in the centre with Sagnol on the right. Also, Silvestre has been tried in central defence.

If it were up to me, this is the defence I'd like to see:

Sagnol----Thuram----Gallas/Mexès---Liza/Candela

IMO, Desailly's time is past with all due respects to the great Marcello.

In the net, I have the feeling that Fabulous Fab will keep his starting post despite his lack of regular first team football in clubs...until he makes a bad mistake then, (God forbade!)either of Coupet or Landreau will replace him. It's simply beyond any logic why Frey is still not even considered as the #3 keeper!It's simply ridiculous! I'd take him over Coupet any given day and I'd make Landreau and him fight for #2 behind Fabulous Fab, whom despite his not so good period, has always been spot on and impeccable with Les Bleus. Plus add his experience and you have something that's necessary to any team aspiring for greatness: solidity and confidence at the back. And Fabulous Fab has always (knocking on wood) delivered that for France!:)

ALLEZ FAB!!!:cool::star:

ALLEZ LES BLEUS!!!:star::proud: :heart:

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well keep pires instead of wiltord even if wiltord is being preferred, its our poll and we decide. thuram is already leading the right back poll so we might as well keep him there. so just decide between gallas and mexes and ill put one of them in for silvestre.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
In the case of Holland it's hard to name a definite 11. If you base it on the latest game it would be:

GK: Van der Sar
RB: Ooijer
CB: Stam
CB: Cocu
LB: Bouma
RM: Van der Meijde
CM: Sneijder
CM: Davids or Van Bommel (was injured against Scotland)
LM: Overmars
AMC: Van der Vaart
ST: Van Nistelrooij

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i went with your advice bresciano, and put van bommel and cocu in for davids and seedorf. the dutch team comes down to opinion because theres just too many options. i think well just leave it where it is.

·
Registered
10,087 Posts
Nice job, Luigi.. Just one small correction regarding the Danish lineup: Danish player of the year, Morten Wieghorst, surely is ahead of Poulsen for the centre midfield spot.. I´m sure Glen agrees?

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i got the lineup from glen. so if you guys come to an agreement ill change it as long as its in time for the polls. the next polls will be the right and left midfield/wingers so you probably have about a week until the central midfielder polls are up.

·
Registered
10,087 Posts
Well, it´s more or less an academical discussion but since you´re being so accurate.. Wieghorst has started the last 7 games; Poulsen has had some injuries but he´s been kept on the bench quite a few times lately(save the Bosnia game, where Olsen played all 3 of them - Gravesen, Poulsen and Wieghorst). Wieghorst presently is ahead of Poulsen..

Glen: you´re not a Holbæk supporter are you?:D

1 - 20 of 59 Posts