Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rui Costa is no longer even a shadow of his former self

today vs the U.S. he tied with baia and couto for worst player
he found it hard to make one incisive pass. shooting was nonexistant save for one shot which was well off

what has happened to that former negima that destoryed defences with fiore

was E2K his final sendoff, his peak...cause it apperas he is deteriorating rapidly

Glad we have Pirlo!

Lav

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
I dont' agree about that match.

Rui Costa was about the only offensive Portugal midfielder that actually passed the ball. With second assists for at least one of the goals. problem was that Concecaio and Figo couldn't play one touch football, they just had to try to dribble first on every occasions. failed dribbles mostly... What made Portugal strong was those fast passes, something Rui was the only to try adn you can't be alone on something like that. IF he shoudl be accused of soemthing, then it shoudl be him being very static, he made no runs. Then again did only Pinto make some runs...

His bad season is another thing.

·
Registered
13,859 Posts
I agree...I mean, Rui is still a really talented player, but he´s looking like Boban! I mean, he doesn´t run, he´s too irregular, but he could manage to win a match by himself with a single taste of his magic...But it woul´dn´t happen very often.
I believe this happens to Milan because of signing old players. Rui Costa, Boban, Savicevic, Leonardo...They were all great at 25, but too irregular at 30 (or even older).

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
I am just tooo dissaponted with him right now.:wallbang:

Lets give him another 2 matches to prove himself. It was the first match and Portugal overall played crap:yuck:

Ciao

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have to agree with Lav.
Rui Costa has been one of the worst transfers in recent milan history. Except for Redondo ofcourse being the worst, not playing for two years!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
you guys don't know what you're talking about....either you guys are simply specators of the game of football or live in a fantasy world...

first...rui was not playing his usualy role....Portugal played with 1 trinco (DM) and had rui play a more defensive role....so he wasn't asked to do the things that everyone expects him to do....

two...this was his first real competative game in many months in 34 humid degrees...he's not 100% game shape...

three...he did not play that bad...he didn't run all over as he usually does but he made some smart passes and dribbles...he played pretty well for someone who hasn't played a full season...

next time you guys decide you want to bash someone's play, learn to "play" the game, and I don't mean at the corner park, and finally get the facts first....

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry bro but i saw rui for fiore and portugal in E2K

in any case he was much more potent and dangerous there
at milan he was bad from the start, i was hoping a wc would lift him but nothing

i mean he got subbed, ran little or none, and i didnt see him make even one through ball....
why play him more defensivly?
dont u have players who can do that better than a playmaker

COme on RUI dazzle vs the koreans

MAKE US PROUD!

Lav

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
sorry lav but your "Pirlo's Milan" says it all.....

sure portugal has another defensive midfield, but they hoped that rui would be able to contribute offensively in spurts....if anything Portugal was too confident in their ability to defend so they didn't play a true trinco...

rui took himself off because playing in 34 degrees when your not 100% game shape is counterproductive...

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Icarus

Rui was my jope for Milan...however he has let me and all the fans down.....pirlo has lifted us to the CL

in my ideal lineup both of these are starting behind sheva and pippo.

In any case RC is underpreforming for a whole year and there aint no excuse for it

Lav

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
no excuse???

it's so sad to hear arguements from "spectators" as yourself...trying to reason why an elite athlete underachieved throughout a year with a new team with several injuries.....

lav...you remind me of these journalist who've never played a competative game in their lives but yet brand elite athletes with the brush of "underachiever", and your classic Lav "not even a shadow"....good one buddy...

i suggest you join the rest of those "soccer analysts" at CNN/Si or ESPN....i think "not even a shadow" would make for a great article

sorry if i'm a little harsh but I'm tired of individuals who know it all....

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes i am a know it all guys

I am god at 16.....**** man not even pele can touch me.

hmm so some of his teammates are injured...who? Pippo
pippo was fine till december and then again in april...yet rui was still below par
HE does not need a 100% team bnehind him to paly well, if he does then he aint a leader, someone who rises and leads the team to victory when they are down and out.....Raul, Keane, Bergkamp, etc

the fact is rui has been bad,

i know are portugese so this is a harsh reality for u that one of your top guns ios goin downhill.

I am croatian so i feel your pain, hell boksic aka ***** boy, davor 'grandpa' suker, and robert 'two packs a day' Prosinecki all start for my country

and the espn insult was a low blow, but then agian i aint a yankee so it backfired

Lav

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,938 Posts
Lav said:
and robert 'two packs a day' Prosinecki all start for my country

...off the Rui topic, but judging from how he (Prosinecki) looked in the last match, it's gotta be up to three packs a day at least ;) :D ...

RIO

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
raul?? Keane??? leading to victory??? maybe game wins but what else?? what have they done that rui hasn't???? please...

i don't have a problem with rui going down hill....all players start declining with age...but this means Sh** when it comes to your arguement...just the fact that you decided to start a post about rui's underachievement this year is pathetic....

why don't you start a thread about Pirlo's poor performance against the Czecks in the under 21 semi's??? why don't you start a thread about Shevi's horrible year??? all you kids have an issue with rui and his lack of productivity but choose to ignore others....back to rui's game against the US...yes he wasn't his old Viola self but he was far from Crap....so open your eyes and be objective when watching games...

and finally about my so called low blow...just like ESPN who covers soccer every four years, you have made comments about something you know nothing about...no arguement whatsoever to support your thread...so where's the low blow??? it's simply a true comparison....

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Relax Icarus..:) Obviously you have not yet recovered from the shock of the WC match. :dazed: Hang on I am not trying to bash u . I feel that u r not looking at the situation logically right now. We were in the same position as u when Dortmund won us 4-0.

But saying that we don't know anything about Rui is an overstatement. He plays for us dude, we have the right to criticize anybody playing for our club. I understand he was injured most of the time, but he had been rested for Near a month now and should have been fit for the match. Tell me what he did right. Was he running enough? Did he give goal scoring passes? did he score ? No he didn't do any of those. It proves he was playing crap according to his level. Don't u see he has set so high standards for himself while playing for Violas that what he performed against USA was just pure crap.:yuck:

why don't you start a thread about Pirlo's poor performance against the Czecks in the under 21 semi's??? why don't you start a thread about Shevi's horrible year???
I will tell u why? These players u mentioned have proved their worth more than once at milan. thats why they are respected. The have every right to perform crap once in a while and get away with it. What has Rui proved for Milan.????? Nothing. He may have done a lot for the NT but for Milan he has been a big Zero a failure. Let him prove his transfer fees and talents and Milan's faith than I guarentee he will be seen in the same podium as Sheva/pirlo and others.

I am sure that u are quite sour after the defeat but so are we after a poor season in the championship.

One more thing ur whole team played crap, a lot of players worse than Rui, but this is The Milan Forum and we talk about Milan and its players here. Thats why Rui's being discussed not all the players from ur NT.

Hope u see my point. Think about it.
BTW - Best of luck for ur next match.

Ciao

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
this has nothing to do with my NT poor performance but instead the typical stupid arguements about rui this and rui that....what did Pirlo do for Milan last year????? I don't recall Pirlo do anything for us last year....last summer before the start of the Serie A season Rui was our best player during pre season games...for years we Milan fans drooled at the thought of getting Rui in our midfield...he "is" one of the premier players in the world...the very first game rui gets hurt and is out a long period...is unable to train properly to get into game shape...he comes back still not in game shape has some below par games, get crap thrown at him and gets hurt again and is out...this was rui's season...again i have to question all of your competative athletic experiences..instead you all sound like those ESPN commentators...the day you experience competative sport and get hurt and have to come back is the day that you come here and crap on the athletes...being a fan means Sh** when your attacking athletes...you sound like those f'n hooligans who think that as fans they have the right to say and do anything...please...f'n grow up...pathetic

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
dude, CALM DOWN ... wil ya. Otherwise, this thing here could soon be over; please watch your language ...

Now, on Rui ... sure he was injured and sure he is not the same as his Viola self. The issue Milanfans have with Rui is a little bit different than you think. noone hates him noone dislikes him. I believe most of the Milan fans if not all LOVE Rui even when he hasn't done almost anything for the club (probably not etirely his fault). Rui was definitely underperforming throughout the year. It could be only becaue of injuries and nothing else or being played out of position but the fact of the matter is that he was simply not producing even 50% of what he has last year. Injuries -OK, we all know that (not the only one by the way). The issue I believe most of us have with Rui is actually not with him but with Carlo. Still the coach played with him and insistied playing with him when it was obvious that he is not 100% fit and he is not his real self. At the same time we have a young kid, a pure tallent on the bench that was just waiting for his chance. And even when Pirlo played better for 20 min. than Rui for 70 still it was Rui starting the next game. And it took almost 2/3 of the season for Carlo to start playing Pirlo more consistenlty. And to say that pirlo for the few minutes he got didn't do anything for Milan or even was as good or as bad as Rui simply means that either you are not following Milan at all (but just changed few months ago your last fav team from Viola to Milan) or you are simply the most biased guy around. Or both ...

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
My god ur certainly a venomous young thing and quite confused as well. All this baised venom u r spitting at us isn't it biased?:confused: :rolleyes: Stop behaving as if ur a 50yr old man.

What has Pirlo done for us????? Interesting question. Where the damn were u when we ended the season?? following madrid.;)

he got us into the Champions league. Or u didn't know that we would be playing in it? Did u see his performances against Lecce & Verona. No u didn't.

Nobody over here is accusing Rui of his talents. Yes we drooled over him. We drooled over him as a player and not as a person. But has he shown the performances which made us drool?? NO No. I know His luck has not been with him this season. But thats no way to perform in each and every game. Of course he is being given another season to prove himself. Now don't tell me that he wasn't given the chance. He started all the games when he was fit. Even at the expense of Pirlo when he was at top form. :rolleyes: He was given the chance but he didn't take it.

Let him prove himself and then come over here and praise him. At this moment he can only get criticism from the Milan's point of view.

Nevertheless I want him to get back to his old form quickly as it would be a plus point for us. ;)

Now go and bash those Poland & S. Korea, Rui. Show the game u used to play in Fiorentina (not so long ago).:)

Ciao

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
bono74 said:
dude, CALM DOWN ... wil ya. Otherwise, this thing here could soon be over; please watch your language ...

Now, on Rui ... sure he was injured and sure he is not the same as his Viola self. The issue Milanfans have with Rui is a little bit different than you think. noone hates him noone dislikes him. I believe most of the Milan fans if not all LOVE Rui even when he hasn't done almost anything for the club (probably not etirely his fault). Rui was definitely underperforming throughout the year. It could be only becaue of injuries and nothing else or being played out of position but the fact of the matter is that he was simply not producing even 50% of what he has last year. Injuries -OK, we all know that (not the only one by the way). The issue I believe most of us have with Rui is actually not with him but with Carlo. Still the coach played with him and insistied playing with him when it was obvious that he is not 100% fit and he is not his real self. At the same time we have a young kid, a pure tallent on the bench that was just waiting for his chance. And even when Pirlo played better for 20 min. than Rui for 70 still it was Rui starting the next game. And it took almost 2/3 of the season for Carlo to start playing Pirlo more consistenlty. And to say that pirlo for the few minutes he got didn't do anything for Milan or even was as good or as bad as Rui simply means that either you are not following Milan at all (but just changed few months ago your last fav team from Viola to Milan) or you are simply the most biased guy around. Or both ...

Sorry bono I didn't see ur post before posting. We both are saying the same thing more or less.

Don't they say - like minds think the same.;)

Ciao

1 - 19 of 19 Posts