Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not even £100million would buy Spurs star

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club are evidently keen to keep hold of Jermain Defoe

The England international striker is a reported £20million target for Chelsea – yet the White Hart Lane club wouldn’t sell their star player for FIVE times that figure.

"We don't have to sell, so we won't be selling Jermain Defoe or anyone else. Not even if they are willing to pay £100 million tomorrow," said Sours manager Martin Jol.

"We have three very good strikers here in Jermain, Robbie Keane and Fredi Kanoute - and I am very happy with that fact. If we sold one, we would only have two left - so that will not happen.

"In fact, I would prefer to bring in a fourth striker - a young lad who doesn't mind sitting on the bench. Most top clubs have four now."

http://www.fansfc.com/frontpage/frontpagenews.asp?newsid=134260

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
It's just another way of saying "You can't have him unless you're willing to pay a silly fee"

They'd cave in at around the 20million mark probably.

Defoe would add a lot to the Chelsea team though, on this season's form he's the best English striker.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
no way Defoe is worth a 100. Spurs will sell him at 20 anytime.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
Martin Jol is Dutch. :mute:
SHUT UP, THE PREMIERSHIP IS OVERHYPED, THE ENGLISH PEOPLE OVERHYPE PLAYERS

F-UCK THE EPL, HENRY SUCKS, GREAAAH I'M LATE FOR MY PSYCHIATRIST

:wallbang: :groan: :wallbang: :groan: :scream: :wallbang: :groan: :sigh:

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Rob Edwards said:

Is that just your way of letting off steam?

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Rob Edwards said:

:howler:

is Shevchenko's agent English btw ? after all he said that Chelsea couldn't afford his wage, he must be from blighty to come out with some ridiculous bloody propaganda like that, Chelsea owner could double his wage he gets currently surely ? :shades:

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
:howler:

is Shevchenko's agent English btw ? after all he said that Chelsea couldn't afford his wage, he must be from blighty to come out with some ridiculous bloody propaganda like that, Chelsea owner could double his wage he gets currently surely ? :shades:
I think Sheva's agent had to much vino when he came out with that bs.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Not sure if Sheva's agent is English or not. It just seems like a "Hey Silvio, it might be a nice time to award Andrei a nice fat contract to stave off potential Chelsea interest" statement to me. I don't think he'd ever leave Milan and he's not the kind of player Jose usually goes for anyway. Bojinov seems a lot more likely and a lot cheaper.

and that post was a slightly exaggerated version of a lot of the posts I read in the world football forum Interista. Sometimes the best way to show people how ridiculous something is is to exaggerate it :)

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Rob Edwards said:
Not sure if Sheva's agent is English or not. It just seems like a "Hey Silvio, it might be a nice time to award Andrei a nice fat contract to stave off potential Chelsea interest" statement to me. I don't think he'd ever leave Milan and he's not the kind of player Jose usually goes for anyway. Bojinov seems a lot more likely and a lot cheaper.

and that post was a slightly exaggerated version of a lot of the posts I read in the world football forum Interista. Sometimes the best way to show people how ridiculous something is is to exaggerate it :)

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
20 million should do it

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Interista said:
Defoe is not worth 100 million, maybe 10.
Pigs arse they wouldn't accept a bid for 100 million pounds what do they think he is Maradona ir something?Tottenham aren't Juve,Milan,real or even Chelsea at the moment.Rob Milan don't sell Champions they buy them,Please tell me why Sheva would leave Milan for Chelsea?Maybe Chelsea could offer him so much more but it's not about money it's about much more.And milan he couldn't ask for more he has it all. ;)

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Might wanna reread my post Schumy ;). I said I didn't think he's leave, just the agent was angling for more money from Berlusconi

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Rob Edwards said:
Might wanna reread my post Schumy ;). I said I didn't think he's leave, just the agent was angling for more money from Berlusconi
Sorry Rob didn't mean to misquote you. :smileani:

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Schumy said:
Pigs arse they wouldn't accept a bid for 100 million pounds what do they think he is Maradona ir something?Tottenham aren't Juve,Milan,real or even Chelsea at the moment.Rob Milan don't sell Champions they buy them,Please tell me why Sheva would leave Milan for Chelsea?Maybe Chelsea could offer him so much more but it's not about money it's about much more.And milan he couldn't ask for more he has it all. ;)
Obviously you can't read THIS post was to regards to Defoe, when did I mention Sheva was not worth 100mill?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts