Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes we will lose home advantage if we don't beat the French but look at how the draw is turning out....these are predictions of course...
Group A
1. Portugal
2. England
Group B
1.Italy
2.Belgium
Group C
1.Norway
2.Spain
Group D
1. France
2. Holland

If it turns out that way, which is likely,.....Italy, Spain, England and France will be in the same half of the draw.....and we only have Portugal to worry about (and I think we will beat them because they let us play football)....so it might not be a bad idea to draw against France next week.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes Im sure they'd rather play in Holland but sometimes I get the feeling they are more relaxed if they play in a neutral venue. Sometimes, if don't play well from the start then the crowd's anxieties will get to the players. Either way I think we have a good chance to reach the final. If we beat France, means we can beat anyone. We we don't beat France, the draw will be easier and we should still reach the final...and by that time, who knows? Our confidence would be high we can beat anyone, too.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When Holland were 3-0 up I knew it was possible to win the group, just but a fourth goal. Yes, had we won 4-0 a draw would have been could enough for us to finish top of Group D. A certain Mr Cruyff recognized that too immediately after the match, Rijkaard admitted he had not thought about it at the time, but the Dutch surely had enough chacnes to win it by 4 or even more, and really should have.
It's of course best to stay in Holland and play the quaters again in the totally orange De Kuip stadium, but according to Rijkaard, Belgium would not be such a terrrible idea either, he thinks enough supporters would travel to Belgium should it be the case. Nothing is decided anyway, I'd rather finish second in the group and play Yugoslavia or Norway in the quaters, then Spain. But nothing is decided, Group C is still wide open. If Slovenia can hold Spain to a draw it will come down to the final day, and even then I can't see Spain beating Yugoslavia.
But anyway, we should have beaten the Danes 4-0, Rijkaard is plagued by nasty injuries and bookings, the French have looked brilliant, real world-champions, it's going to need something special to beat the French. But, we have all the luck, we still have conceded 0 goals, and 45,000 fans cheering the team on, for this time game anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts