Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We beat them quite easily earlier in the season, but the worry this time, is Moore and Hajto are not the quickest which was a problem against Leicester who had 2 quick forwards, and Norwich have Huckerby and Earnshaw, and if if Jeff Kenna plays again we'll be screwed, we could do with some pace at the back for this one.

There's still hopes of bringing in a new striker for this game as well.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I think like against Leicester, the lack of pace from our two centre backs will be exposed, with Huckerby and Earnshaw. If they scouts had any sense they would have sent someone to watch us vs Leicester on Tuesday night, because I believe, they will constantly use the long ball to hurt us cause you wont be able to pass it along the floor to get it behind the two big men!!!

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If there going to try and go over the top too get in behind with the pace, it makes sense for Moore and Hajto too play deep, so they can't do that...surely?

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hadaoui is out for 3 weeks, both Johnson's are still out.

Jackson could be fit as his injury is not a bad as first thought.

One plus is Idiakez is back from suspension.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
It's just typical about El Hamdoui thought isn't it, looks really sharp and scores a goal then this!!!!!, I spose were Derby County so nothing ever goes smoothly at all. I would assume that Idiakez would slot into the midfield alongside Giles Barnes

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dunno, Bolder's been playing well...better than Barnes, maybe it will be back to 4-5-1? With the lack of strikers at the moment.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
The old Tanman formation, I spose with a lack of striking options, this would seem the most viable option!

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Westley kept has kept too the 4-5-1, only changing it to 4-4-1-1, with Hamdaoui playing behind Graham, this will be Grahams last game as well, so when he goes we'll be up s'hit creek if we don't get someone in.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now Danny Graham has a dead leg :wallbang:

Surely it's time to give Ainsworth or Ashton a chance, we've been willing to try youngsters in other positions, why not up front, where we have the biggest problem...

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
The lack of strikers are worrying, as well as the strikers and pace Norwich do have, it will be a dificult game which we;d do very well to get a point from.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I thought a dead leg, was only sumthin you had for a day like!!!, well even if he is out, he'll have to play one of the academy lads up there, cause pesch cnt play up top on his own!!

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To be honest I can see us losing this game, with the pace of their forwards, and a lack of strikers available I'm not too confident, hopefully the lads can battle out a result, I'd be happy with another draw.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Graham is fit too play.

Well I have a big footy tournament with work :) So I won't even be listenig too the game, but I'm sure I'll be able too keep track of how things are going.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Well good luck with that Jimbo, but I think were all relived to see that Danny Graham, is in the side, at least he is a bit more of threat up top on his than Pesch!!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Norwich 2 - Derby 0

I didn't actually listen to the game, so I can't really talk about it, apart from the fact we need a new striker ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Didn't fancy our chances before the game, so wasn't surprised to hear we we're 2-0 down...oh well it's games against teams like Plymouth next week we have to be winning.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We're still 6 points clear of Millwall, and still ahead of Sheff Wed so it's ok

1 - 18 of 18 Posts