Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is their team still being for-programmed by a computer? and are they still playing 5-4-1, which I personally regard as one of the most negative tactics I can think of.

Surely Norway has enough good strikers to play with just one.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Programmed by a computer? Eh... Egil Olsen used to study opponents on video, if that's what you mean. Anyways, we have a new coach now.

We never played 5-4-1, but 4-5-1. But we don't do that anymore (at least I don't think Hareide will do that).

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Hareide has his first real training with the team today, and Håvard Flo (cousin of Tore Andre Flo), said that it was completely different from what he has been used to on the national team. Perhaps a bit soon to make big statements, but he did, and said that the team would play completely different from now on, more offensive, using all parts of the team better, and passing more along the ground. Hopefully he is at least partly right. :)

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Saw that too, just the fact that the players are excited really means a lot IMO. I also like that Åge is going to let the players play in their natural positions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts