Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
----------------- Belsvik signs for VIF -----------------

Former Stabæk and RBK striker Petter Belsvik has signed for the 1st division club, Vålerenga. The price was 2 mill NOK (£180k). He's long been complaining about having been 4th choice for the striker positions in RBK, and want to play football again, even if it's at a lower level in a bad team such as VIF. I'm sure he'll be a great asset to the club, helping them secure a promotion, and most likely, he'll become the player scoring the most goals in the Norwegian Tippeliga ever next season.

----------------- Linderoth resigns -----------------

After being humiliated by Brann 8-1 last thursday, the Stabæk coach handed in his resignation today. In the press-release he says "I don't have the energy and lack the enthusiasm needed to stay on. The 1-8 loss to Brann in Bergen last round was the last straw, but is, of course, not the main reason. I'm certain this is the right decision both for Stabæk and myself."
In his years at Stabæk, Anders Linderoth failed to challenge Rosenborg and establish their team as a top club in Norwegian football like the board wanted Stabæk to be. His assistant Gaute Larsen will train Stabæk the rest of the season.

----------------- Enerly to leave RBK? -----------------

Dagfinn Enerly is unhappy in Trondheim (who can blame him?) and the situation in Rosenborg. He's second choice on the wing behind Christer George, but appearantly this is not the main reason for his feelings. The town and club is just wrong for him, and he's dissatisfied with the whole situation. He wants to join Moss again, but it's not certain they can afford him.

This is so far just rumours, but I'll keep you updated.

In a related story (don't I sound professional now? :D), another RBK forward, Petter Belsvik, earlier today left the team because he was also unhappy staying on. New trend maybe?

[Edited by Jinxter on 27-05-2001 at 23:38]

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
are we talkin about Tobias Linderoth who has resigned?are are there 2 of them?

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Jinxter said:
After being humiliated by Brann 8-1 last thursday, the Stabæk coach handed in his resignation today.
Unless Tobias also coach that team I think there´s another one :D If I´m not mistaken it´s Tobias´ father,right?:confused:

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Andreas Linderoth, Tobias' father, was the Stabæk coach who resigned. Sorry for leaving out his first name ;)
It's not customary for players to resign after losing games in Norway.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Jinxter said:
Dagfinn Enerly is unhappy in Trondheim (who can blame him?) and the situation in Rosenborg. He's second choice on the wing behind Christer George, but appearantly this is not the main reason for his feelings. The town and club is just wrong for him, and he's dissatisfied with the whole situation. He wants to join Moss again, but it's not certain they can afford him. In a related story (don't I sound professional now? :D), another RBK forward, Petter Belsvik, earlier today left the team because he was also unhappy staying on. New trend maybe?

Can't blame Enerly for being unhappy. He was on the verge of breaking into the national team and now he can't win a regular place at Rosenborg. He is at the peak of his career and should be playing more frequently. He is way too good to be warming benches. This is the main problem for RBK in their search for a squad with depth. How to keep the players happy? Who wants to spend time on the bench in the Norwegian league when you're good enough to play abroad?

Belsvik is another player who falls into this category. Just 5-6 goals short of the all-time topscorer record, but N.A.Eggen prefers Johnsen up front. I think more and more players will react now. Rosenborg just isn't the dream club to come to anymore. With all the quality players, some have to fall out and will decline because of little playing time. I suggest youngsters at small clubs should choose Viking or Brann now.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I agree.Rosenborg's strength for many years has been their substitutes. Many teams has as good (or almost at least) first team as RBK, but injuries and bad form have a bigger impact on their teams. Rosenborg can't expect to have players like Belsvik and Enerly on the bench.

Also, they are more reluctant to let go of players wanting to play abroad cause they have so much money in the bank. Other teams are dependant on player sales,something which will attract younger talents.
They've also shown great arrogance towards players the past few seasons.. Like all the trouble with Rushfeld's transfer to Santander, and their heinous treatment of Hernes.
Viking and Brann should be much better places for new talents, they get to play, are treated fairly, and if they want to, they'll get to be sold to foreign leagues.

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
I was at Skeid vs Kongsvinger yesterday, during the break the speaker said; do you want to hear some gossip? Anders Linderoth has resigned! Everyone was quiet for a second, until you heard many people sighing with surprise, and then everyone started talking about it.

I don't see why talents shouldn't join Rosenborg, Iversen, Heggem, Brattbakk, Carew, Strand, Skammelsrud and Hoftun are great examples of talents getting the cances they needed.

What have they done to Hernes??? They guy played for Skeid yesterday, he was below average, not even near Champions League standards.

If your only purpose as a midfielder is to get sold to a club with big wages, go to Brann, they will sell their players. If you want to play in the champions league, make more money than any other norwegian clubs, and win a lot, Rosenborg is a good choice.

Johnsen is playing instead of Belsvik because he is a better player, Belsvik would be a great backup, but as such an experienced player he might not want to be a sub, but he should know how it feels like. As he was a sub when he was in England. I don't see why it is ok for norwegian players to be substitutes in England, but not for Rosenborg.

Enerly should put up, and shut up if he is serious. But after what Eggen has said, it is basically a media story. Of course he wants to play, but he hasn't even been one season in RBK, he needs to play himself into the team.IF he is good enough, his time will come. Jan Derek Sørensen wasn't on the team in start either.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Belsvik played in England???? where & when :excited:

Orange i remember you telling me that N.A Eggen's strength was keeping the same team together and not having a big squad. And while this may have served them well in the past and at times in Europe, i think their lack of depth, most particularly in defence was highlighted against both FC Bayern in Germany when RBK were 0-1 ahead, and against PSG when they conceded 7 :eekani: :groan: :depress:.

Now that they have strengthened their squad, i think they would be best served using it. I cannot comment on how much Belsvik & Enerly have been playing (if at all) but from what i ave been hearing it is not much :sigh: :(. Eggen should know that rotating a squad is benefical to a team if done in the right way. He seems very good at integrating young players like Christer George into an experienced team, but i cannot see the problem rotating Johnsen with Belsvik & George with Enerly. Changing one or two players in a team for a certain game should not affect the performance of the team, especially a team like RBK where all the players are supposed to understand their tasks

Until Eggen learns how to do this, Rosenborg will not have the depth to properly challenge for a European title :doh: :frustrat:

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Andreas Speck said:
Orange i remember you telling me that N.A Eggen's strength was keeping the same team together and not having a big squad.
Belsvik has played for Southend :rolleyes:

That wasn't exactly what I said was it? But it is true that Eggen has always been good at getting the team to perform great together, maybe sometimes on expence of other player at times, where there have been very few substitutions.

This season, Eggen has played with many players. Swapping between Saarinen and Stensaas, playing George and Knutsen a lot, and even Enerly. The problem that Enerly has it that he is now only playing like that, and not very match, like Hoftun, Skammelsrud, Johnsen, Arason etc who are the central line in Rosenborg.

Players will be angry anyway, the only thing you can do is to pay more money. Look at man u the subs that are close to the teams, have been nagging anf bit ching for years, while the next group of players are not even close to the team. And then there is Inter who has jsut put enough money on the table ;) RBK conceded 7 goals, because they didn't care about the goal difference, because they needed a win to go through.

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Whatever baited breath is, I am sure that is what I am doing now :)

Actually Drillo was famous for being a great training coach, fantastic at picking a starting eleven, but lousy at changing the team during the amtch, a bit like Eggen :)

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm feeling lazy and icky today, so won't get into too much RBk bashing, even if it's one of my fav sports :p

About Hernes, I just didn't like the way in which he was fired from Rosenborg. He was a part of the team, but once winter, when they were about to leave for spain to practice, he read in the papers the RBK management didn't want him to come along cause they had no use for him. Noone in the management nor the coaches had talked to him, he first heard about this from the papers.

Eggen have trouble understanding he needs to rotate the squad nowadays as Andreas mentioned. B4, players were happy to maybe have the chance to play against teams like AC Milan at San Siro or whatever, and was more than happy to sit at the bench, waiting for someone to get injured or get too many cards, if it meant getting a shot in the end. Now, RBK is buying most of the talented players in Norway, and these new stars have seen what other Norwegians have done.. Like, Solskjær has scored the winning goal in a CL final, Flo has scored a hat-trick against Barcelona and so on... it's not such a huge difference between Norwegian players and international stars anymore. Because of this, young players aren't just happy to be benched at RBK when they can play for foreign teams instead like Jan A said. Enerly is far too good a player to not even get to play in the Norwegian League.

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
I didn't know that stuff about Hernes, but I have gotten the impression that RBK treat their players fairly well. And it does say soemthing about Hernes when he choosed Skeid over Molde, obviously succeeding in football is not is main object.

You can't just say that Enerly is too good. There is a big difference sitting on the bench of a Champions League team, the champions many years in a row, and a team like Sogndal. I think that Enerly will get to play as time goes by, and that it was the best choice for the team to slide him in slowly.

How good can a substitute in the norwegian league be?

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I totally understand why he wouldn't want to join Molde, they are icky and mean players :p Apart from Solskjær, Stavrum and Olsen, it's been forever since I last respected anyone who'd want to join that team. Ewwww! :D
And even Olsen, who's the only player I respect there now, go around breaking legs instead of playing footy.. and he's the good guy on the team.

There's just 3 teams in the tippeliga Enerly wouldn't slide right into the starting 11 of, and that's Brann, RBK and Molde. so saying he's no better than deserving to be a sub isn't very fair. And being a reserve at RBK is a lot different than Real Madrid. Rosenborg is a tiny big club, even if their CL streak is impressive, it's not exactly the same status being on the bench there as MUFC or whatever..
That's why I'm saying they'll have trouble getting players of Enerly's calibre for their bench in the future. Think the Belsvik/Enerly situations marked a new beginning for Rosenborg.

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
I agree that Enerly would get a place in the starting eleven for many teams, but I am not sure that playing every third match, while winning the league and playing in the Champions League, is much worse than playing ever match for a team fighting for relegation. You would probably earn more at the top teams too.

Molde, Rosenborg and Brann are where they are today because they have the biggest and strongest squads in the Norwegian top league. And that is something Norway needs if we are going to challenge the big nation teams in the Champions League.

I have no problem respecting someone that signs for Molde, I think the talk about the club is exaggerated. Probably it will all disappear when Molde keeps on winning. Everyone will be impressed with Rudi, and another team(viking???) will get into some sort of a crisis.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Viking players are nice guys. I don't dislike Molde cause of their crisis, but how their players act on field.

And I totally agree with you that it's not bad to get to play every 3rd match and play CL, I just don't think "Star" calibre players from the Norwegian league will go for it in Rosenborg when they can do the same in Foreign clubs and make more money. RBK will probably have trouble getting more players such as Enerly and Belsvik to sit on the bench.

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Belsvik is clearly not star calibre anymore, but it will be interesting to see how he does in the 1st division. He won't have to play at Kråmyra of course. Enerly is a player with a lot of potential, that he has never really developed. At Rosenborg he has a great chance. Enerly has also several times before said that he isn't interested in joining a foreign club, but I guess that was before he signed for Rosenborg.

Do Molde players really act that bad on the field?? We have spoken about this before, and I just don't get it. To me they seem to be like every other team. You said something about Ludvigsen, of course thatwas unfortunae, but he was an experienced player, he could handle it. If Molde are as bad as you say there are, they should have gotten more red and yellow cards, something which don't seem to be happening. And if it is mainly talking you are referring to, I still don't see the problem, as long as it isn't racist attacks or anything as bad as that.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't see the big difference about dissing people cause of who they are or the colour of their skin. It's bad anyways. Saying things cause they are angry and it's a lot of temper in the game, is fine. Harassing people throughout the match for no reason is bad.

Molde players just strike me as complete bastards, cheaters, foul-mouthed and ill-tempereddummies :) With a few exceptions of course. Bakke isn't too bad. Mostly Hulsker, the midfielders (including converted to strikers) and Fostervold that are bad.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts