Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
42,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the 90s Rosenborg dominated Norwegian club football, giving many top European clubs serious problems at Lerkendal. Most famously they eliminated AC Milan in 1997.

Football has changed a lot since then which makes me doubt, sadly, that we could see Bodo replicate their success. As soon as Jens Petter Hauge showed a moment of his quality, he was plucked away by Milan. He's now at Eintracht Frankfurt.

I assume other parts of their squad will be picked off sooner rather than later.

But I think football would be more interesting if we had clubs from a greater variety of leagues able to retain their top talent.

I'm also encouraged by the Dutch clubs making a comeback.

·
Registered
48,462 Posts
In the 90s Rosenborg dominated Norwegian club football, giving many top European clubs serious problems at Lerkendal. Most famously they eliminated AC Milan in 1997.

Football has changed a lot since then which makes me doubt, sadly, that we could see Bodo replicate their success. As soon as Jens Petter Hauge showed a moment of his quality, he was plucked away by Milan. He's now at Eintracht Frankfurt.

I assume other parts of their squad will be picked off sooner rather than later.

But I think football would be more interesting if we had clubs from a greater variety of leagues able to retain their top talent.

I'm also encouraged by the Dutch clubs making a comeback.
Do not be exaggeratedly encouraged, you know the English clubs first of all tend to buy all the talent they can find in their neighbouring leagues.
And even a club like Sampdoria has two Norwegian players!

·
Administrator
53,557 Posts
Norway are the scandic kings of picturesque towns with their green valleys and mountain ranges.

You should see a town called Trondheim, was there 4-5 days for Real Madrid vs Sevilla super coppa years ago. Town was so nice we almost forgot about the game lol.

·
Administrator
53,557 Posts
Who said it was a competition? And have you been to Norway? (In summer lol)

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
39,159 Posts
Noway he'd go to Norway!

• Haha
Reactions: TTM and ToniSamp

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
39,159 Posts
Town was so nice we almost forgot about the game lol.
Translation: we got drunk off our ass for 4 to 5 days. 🍺🍻🥂🍷🥃🍸🍹

• Haha
Reactions: Osman and TTM

·
Registered
16,801 Posts
Are you kidding? I would not go to Norway even if I had travel and hotel paid. There are also random Neonazis who could shoot me just for not looking like a Norwegian Neonazi.
The guys maybe....the gals would think you are frikin Valentino and invite you for a little samba at their place :D

·
Registered
48,462 Posts
The guys maybe....the gals would think you are frikin Valentino and invite you for a little samba at their place :D
yeah, but it looks like a country filled with freaks (such as the ones who burnt down churches, you know I can hardly accept that! ;) ) and women can't be better. I'm sorry for the ones who are not, as they easily make the end of the sacrificial lamb (see Utoya).

1 - 20 of 38 Posts