Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is it. On wednesday, our old colony from the viking times is coming to visit. Please do not boo the players, since it's an overwhelming honour for them to play against Norway.

I expect few to none of the players withdrawing from the match (ouch...Ronny Johnsen just walked of the field with an injury in the CL), and that the team will perform up to our best standards. Would a win be too much to ask?

NORWAY:

Keepers:
Espen Johnsen, Rosenborg
Thomas Myhre, Besiktas
Defenders:
Christer Basma, Rosenborg
Henning Berg, Blackburn
André Bergdølmo, Ajax
Bård Borgersen, AaB
Erik Hoftun, Rosenborg
Ronny Johnsen, Manchester United
John Arne Riise, Liverpool.
Midfield and strikers:
Trond Andersen, Wimbledon
John Carew, Valencia
Tore André Flo, Glasgow Rangers
Eirik Bakke, Leeds
Steffen Iversen, Tottenham
Øyvind Leonhardsen, Tottenham
Roar Strand, Rosenborg
Jan Derek Sørensen, Borussia Dortmund
Ole Gunnar Solskjær, Manchester United
Fredrik Winsnes, Hammarby.

SWEDEN:

Keepers:
Magnus Hedman, Coventry
Magnus Kihlstedt, FC København
Defenders:
Tomas Antonelius, FC København
Andreas Jakobsson, Hansa Rostock
Pontus Kåmark, IFK Göteborg
Teddy Lucic, AIK
Olof Mellberg, Aston Villa
Johan Mjällby, Celtic
Michael Svensson, Troyes
Midfield and strikers:
Niclas Alexandersson, Everton
Marcus Allbäck, Heerenveen
Daniel Andersson, Venezia
Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Ajax
Marcus Lantz, Hansa Rostock
Andreas Andersson, AIK
Henrik Larsson, Celtic
Tobias Linderoth, Everton
Fredrik Ljungberg, Arsenal
Stefan Selakovic, Heerenveen
Anders Svensson, Southampton
Magnus Svensson, Brøndby

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
I tried posting here earlier, but the server ate it.. so.. short reproduction...

A win for Norway is a given, but I just hope Semb will ignore his instincts, and give Solskjær a striker position. Unbelievable that players like Flo and Carew are prefered over mufc's topscorer in Europe. A player who's also in great form, having scored twice against Deppy.

Shame about Johnsen. Also a shame that Henning Berg and Bergdølmo are the only decent right backs he called up for this game. Would have liked to see someone different in the squad for once.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
first i must say that i'm surprised that there is so much activity in this part of forum. for god's sake, it's a forum about norwegian soccer! why don't you speak norwegian in this part of the forum?

orange, are you a member of the fanhost forums? have i talked briefly to you there?

and regarding the sweden match, i'm a bit worried about it. sweden is a very good team, and we haven't been able to clinch any wins in a while. are they showing the match on tv?

·
Registered
456 Posts
We're not talking norwegian, because there's actually some people outside norway that's interessed in norwegian soccer!:confused: And since the forum should be open to everyone who's interessed, we must talk a language everyone understand. And english is the world language, though everyone of course wants the world language to be norwegian:D
And the xtratime-rules says that all the forums should have the english language. OK, I guess you got my point a long time ago... I'm just so terribly bored.. :( :yawn:

OH, and btw, welcome tarmpropp! nice name, eh! ;)

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
tarmpropp said:
it's a forum about norwegian soccer! why don't you speak norwegian in this part of the forum?
Are they talking Italian in the Juve-forum? ;)

And yeah, I think the game will be televised, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
thanks for the welcome snowqueen :)

and jinxter, most of the guys in the juve forum don't speak italian.
how do you think brann will do without karadas, helstad and kvisvik?

is this a good forum? i used to be a member of another football forum but there was some difficulty there, so i hope that this forum can replace it.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Welcome Tarmpropp :)

Of course this is a good forum, we got wonderful people like Orange, snowqueen and myself here. How can it not be great? :D

You should join our prediction league, the first round is starting tomorrow.

Losing Helstad will, of course, hurt Brann seriously, but if they use the cash they get for selling him and Kvisvik to get a good attacking midfielder (Hassan El Fakiri comes to mind :)), it's not all that bad. We got players that can replace Kvisvik's passes and shots, but we'll miss his artistery and humour the most. That'll be the worst blow really.
When it comes to losing Karadas, it's not exactly what I'd call a serious weakening of the defense. Can manage without the third choice for the central defender position. Walde is a bigger stopper talent, just lacks Karadas strength, temper and size.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
thanks for the welcome jinxter:)

i also feel that karadas woun't be a big loss for brann. i've never thought of him as anything special. i saw an interview with walde on tv, he was a big christian.

i have to look into the prediction league, it sounds like fun

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
snowqueen said:
I just don't understand why Helstad won't come back to HamKam :(

Yeah, and Flo should get back to Brann already as well.. Who does he think he's kidding, playing for small teams like Rangers and Chelsea :rolleyes:

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
I thought this was going to be an easy game for Sweden but now Im unsure...why?

The f*cked up manager didnt take ANY left-footed player in the team!?!

Last game we had a natural left-defender, Erik Edman, two natural left-midfielders in Jesper Blomqvist and Fredrik Söderström....now we dont have a single one and Im in shock...
If they think we can go to the WC without a single left-foot they must think again, FAST.

·
Registered
456 Posts
hmm.. 0-0, not a too impressive result? Solskjær said to norwegian TV: "we could've played to tomorrow, without making any more goals"... and I actually believe it.. He had some goal-chances, but it seems like he can't make goals for any other team than Man.U. :depress:

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wasn't a bad match really, even if Sweden was the better team in the second half, we had the efge in the first, and we also created the greatest number of chances throughout the match. At times the play was quite good, and it seemed like our best players were finally giving all they had.

0-0 was a fair ending to an only symbolically important match, with the match against Iceland soon I hope we play with a top team again, and finally get a really good result(if that is possible against Iceland) :)

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Solskier play super in man utd, but i don't know what happen to him when he play to norway :confused: , ,may be from the midfielders

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Grats on your 100th post :)

What happens on the Norwegian national team is that Solskjær plays in a totally different role with lousy partners. Semb picks players that don't suit eachothers styles at all, and the result is.. well.. what you've seen the past few years :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts