Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In 8 days from now the big clash between Norway and Sweden will take place in Oslo :excited:

I say the big clash, cos there's a lot of prestige at stake, and both teams are playing what seems to be their best teams :star:

Here are the squads:

SWEDEN:

Keepers:
Magnus Hedman, Coventry
Magnus Kihlstedt, FC Köpenhamn
Defenders:
Tomas Antonelius, FC Köpenhamn
Andreas Jakobsson, Hansa Rostock
Pontus Kåmark, IFK Göteborg
Teddy Lucic, AIK
Olof Mellberg, Aston Villa
Johan Mjällby, Celtic
Michael Svensson, Troyes
Midfield and strikers:
Niclas Alexandersson, Everton
Marcus Allbäck, Heerenveen
Daniel Andersson, Venezia
Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Ajax
Marcus Lantz, Hansa Rostock
Andreas Andersson, AIK
Henrik Larsson, Celtic
Tobias Linderoth, Everton
Fredrik Ljungberg, Arsenal
Stefan Selakovic, Heerenveen
Anders Svensson, Southampton
Magnus Svensson, Bröndby

NORWAY:

Keepers:
Espen Johnsen, Rosenborg
Thomas Myhre, Besiktas
Defenders:
Christer Basma, Rosenborg
Henning Berg, Blackburn
André Bergdölmo, Ajax
Bård Borgersen, AaB
Erik Hoftun, Rosenborg
Ronny Johnsen, Manchester United
John Arne Riise, Liverpool.
Midfield and strikers:
Trond Andersen, Wimbledon
John Carew, Valencia
Tore André Flo, Glasgow Rangers
Eirik Bakke, Leeds
Steffen Iversen, Tottenham
Öyvind Leonhardsen, do,
Roar Strand, Rosenborg
Jan Derek Sörensen, Borussia Dortmund
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Manchester United
Fredrik Winsnes, Hammarby.

Sweden will play without Blomkvist this game, which worries me, I really hope Lars-Tommy have noted that he's doing well in Everton, and that he did a good half against Switzerland :stress:
Another remarkable thing is that there's no swedish player from the norwegian league, but one norwegian from the swedish, Wisnes of Hammarby, not often this happens ;):cool:

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
DOWN WITH NORWAY!!!!!! :devil::skull::fero:

Now just beat them you no good for nothing losers!!!! :scream: This is the WC final. This is the match. THE MATCH!!!! You are playing your rivals and you guys should put on the best freaking lineup you can find and just beat the crap out of them. Show some nationalistic emotions now and just humiliate those loooosers!!!! :scream:

We are better,we shall prove it over and over again and put a freaking sock on those arrogant mouths! We are Sweden. You shall obey us,because you have once belonged to us!

Go Sweden!!!!
Phuck Norway!!!!

:excited::party:

If Lars and Tommy lose this one,they should be fired. A draw isn´t acceptable. Just win and win BIG!!!!

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And thank you for that nice contribution Jimmy, are you ok? :nervous:

:D

Now, back to the point. Ljungberg will play this time, and hopefully Selakovic will get another chance, perhaps together with Ibrahimovic :cool:

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In one way I can understand how Helan & Halvan are thinking, before such a big tournament like the WC, it's all about experience before skills that rookies like Källström and Farnerud could bring. But if they're gonna pick players like Andreas Andersson from Allsvenskan, they can sure as hell pick Källström who's doing his 3rd season in Allsvenskan and with only 19 years, he's one of the dominating players.
With all respect for experienced players like Mild and Kåmark, but when it comes to Andreas Andersson, that's were I draw the line :D

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Im shocked that Edman and Blomqvist arent in the team!?!

Edman has been really good , a natural left-footed left-defender. Something we missed for decades!
And Blomqvist, A natural left-footed left midfielder...

Both SHOULd have been in the team...

It looks worrying that they are out as this might mean they somehow not anymore are in the WC discussion...
I mean, there is no time left to "try new players".
Now the team should be more or less complete....then they drop Edman and Blomqvist :confused: :dazed:

I dont like it...at all.

Anyway, good that Freddie is back in again...we need to find a place for him NOW.
In my eyes he should be played as left-midfielder(atleast now when Blomqvist isnt in the team... :irritate: ) or right-mid.
A.Svensson should be in the middle...

But if I know our managers right we should be happy if Svensson sits on the bench :irritate:

He's been suberb for us and still he doesnt have their support...god damn! :mad:

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
I have actually turned down a chance of going with my cousing who has a birthday out on the clubs, because I am GONNA see this match. :dielaugh::devil:

WIN WIN WIN!!!!

Or lose and get fired!!!

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
but all of you swedish guys, it doesn't matter if edman and blomquist aren't playing.
we have solskjaer, one of the top five strikers in the world.

what chance do you have?:D

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
I rate Solskjaer better than most Norwegians do,but to say that he is among the top five strikers in the world, was just a way of smacktalk,right? :D
I mean, he´s great and all but there are betters though. :)

And one player doesn´t make a team. :stuckup:

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After seeing Zlatan's assists and goal for Ajax last week, I'd say, lets say what you can do to stop HIM :devil:

Sad news that Hedman wont play, he had a kinda crap season with Coventry a car crash with his wife who suffered neck injuries, and now his son has a deadly diseas :sigh:
I really hope things will be ok with his son.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
The game finnished draw 0-0, i didn't watch the game myself but im not really surprised by the result when the 2 most boring football countries in the world play each other.....

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nasty nick said:
The game finnished draw 0-0, i didn't watch the game myself but im not really surprised by the result when the 2 most boring football countries in the world play each other.....
Yeah, I spent my evening in a more pleasant way, as Nick said, watching two grave-digging football countries isn't something I prefer :yawn:
I guess I didn't miss much :D
Did Zlatan play at all?

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Zlatan was brought on for the last 15 minutes or so....

Thank you Henke Larsson!!!! Wow, open with the keeper and Europe´s so called best striker once again can´t put the ball in the net. What have I said for two years now? The man is not a good goalscorer!!!! He should make assists for Sweden like he´s doing now. I´m rather sick and tired of him wasting so many goalchances in every match. Atleast he can score on penalties. :rolleyes:

We should have won. No doubt about it. I was particulary impressed with Mjällby who was being outstanding in central defence. Still,his lack of pace will make him vulnerable against teams with pacy strikers.

The coaches should be fired after this. Just ridiculous to not be able to beat Norway. We play with strikers that can´t score for sh!t. Allbäck wasted several chances and well Larsson was totally free with the keeper and still couldn´t score.

It´s shameless!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
nasty nick said:
Says a italian:howler:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts