Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Norway will play against Greece in a vital European Championship Qualifying match next Wednesday. Should be interesting.

Here's the Norwegian squad:

Goalkeepers:
Rune A. Jarstein (Odd Grenland), Thomas Myhre (Viking), Håkon Opdal (Brann).

Defenders:
Erik Hagen (Zenit St. Petersburg), Brede P. Hangeland (FC København), Ronny Johnsen (Vålerenga), Jon Inge Høiland (Malmö), Frode Kippe (Lillestrøm), John Arne Riise (Liverpool), Vidar Riseth (Rosenborg), Jarl André Storbæk (Vålerenga), Kjetil Wæhler (Vålerenga).

Midfielder:
Martin Andresen (Brann), John Anders Bjørkøy (Fredrikstad), Simen Brenne (Lillestrøm), Kristofer Hæstad (Start), Bjørn Helge Riise (Lillestrøm), Jan Gunnar Solli (Brann), Lars Iver Strand (Tromsø), Fredrik Strømstad (Start), Christian Grindheim (Vålerenga), Alexander Tettey (Rosenborg).

Forwards:
John Carew (Aston Villa), Daniel Braaten (Bolton), Morten Gamst Pedersen (Blackburn), Thorstein Helstad (Brann), Steffen Iversen (Rosenborg).

Out with injuries: Hæstad, Johnsen, Brenne.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Our defence is crippled and we might have a problem up front with injuries.

I would be very surprised if you don't win this.

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was a very entertaining match. Hareide finally seems to have gotten the team gelled together. I think Norway deserved the win (I think the chance statistic was 11-4), and we seemed to be moving forward throughout most of the match. Obivously, the point we got was almost stolen away in the dying minute of the match, but that doesn't change my overall view of the match.

After the margins have been against us in both matches against Greece and the first match against Turkey, I only hope that the second match against Turkey will be a different story. With three wins Norway will finally be in the big tournament again.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Its about time Norway made it to a tournament again. I'm a bit worried though, as both Bosnia and Turkey will be tough opponents, and the players have shown that they are prone to make huge blunders in clutch matches, such as Myhre against Turkey, and the absymal defending against Greece, which resulted in 2 goals for them.

I did not see the full match, but it was absolutely an entertaining 1st half I saw. Carew has been a monster lately, and if he could only become a better finisher, he'd be a world class striker.

Here is for hoping :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts