Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Norway NT is going to play Jordan in Amman in 29th - Jan - 2005 in its last matches in its ME tour.

El-Gohary the successful Egyptian coach has selected a very young side for this match. Most of his new players are under 20 years, also he selected 2 expert players, Faisal Ibraheem 28 years and Bashar Bani Yasin 26 years who plays for Muharag in Bahrain. El-Gohary has called Thaer El-Bawab the Jordanian player who plays in Real Madrid B and their top scorer 18 years. The Jordanian list for the match will be without Faisaly players (Jordan champ for 5 years in a row) because they are engaged with their matches in the Arab super cup which means the Jordanian NT will be without 6 of his key players.

The Jordanian List for the match:

GKs
Firas Taleb (El-Baq'a Club)27 years
Moataz Majoob(El-Ahly Club)22 years
Ahmed Abdel-Satar (Shabab El-Ordon)20 years
Mohammed Halawah(Shabab El-Hussain)20 years

Defenders
Faisal Ibraheem (C) (El-Wihdat Club)28 years
Mohammed El-Khateeb (Baq'a Club)18 years
Basim Fathi (El-Whidat Club) 22 years
Ammar El-Sharaida (Shabab El-Ordon) 24 years
Bashar Bani Yasin (Muharag - Bahrain) 26 years
Mohammed Mahmoud (Baq'a Club) 25 years
Ibraheem El-Saqar (El-Ramtha Club) 22 years
Shadi El-Khatib (El-Hussain Irbid Club) 20 years

Midfielders
Hasan Abdel Fatah (Wihdat Club) 22 years
Yazin Zahrawi (El-Ramtha) 22 years
Moyaed Abu Kishik (Baqa'a Club) 22 years
Omar Ghazi ( El-Ramtha) 20 years
Hussain Alawneh (El-Hussain Irbid Club) 25 years
Othman El-Hasanat (Shabab El-Ordon)24 years
Rami Samara (El-Ramtha) 21 years

Strikers
Mostafa Shihdeh (Baq'a Club)26 years
Ahmed Hail (El-Romtha) 17 years
Anas El-Zobon (El-Hussain Irbid) 25 years
Thaer El-Bawab (Real Madrid-Spain) 18 years
Abdallah El-Disi (Wihdat) 17 years

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It seems El-Gohary has selected 5 players from El-Faisaly:

Hatem Aqil - Defender - 26 years
Abdel-Hadi Maharma - Forword - 21 years
Khalid Saad - Defender - 21 years
Qusai Abu Alia - DM - 23 years
Amer Shafi - GK - 22 years

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Man its a shame Gohary doesn't seem to have faith in Siraj AL Tal, I don't know if you know him Pooh. But I have played with/ and against him a couple of times and the guys is a natural talent. He plays for Faisali now.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HiJazzey said:
So is he fielding Faisali players or not :confused: . Best of luck

I think he will field them all those who have been selected. The other selected players are talented but still young or at least have no experience on the international level and against a team like Norway you need to look good otherwise you will lose so very bad.

Siraj El-Tal has not proved anything yet as he is a reserver in his team, he has the potential to be a very good striker, but what beyond me is why Amjad El-Shoaibi from Shabab El-Hussain has been left out of the sqaude! He is natural playmaker with all the abilities the footballer needs to be a very successfull talent!

Well El-Gohary might regret not calling him after all.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
IMO othman Hassanat is great, i liked him since he played with Faisali
good vision and decent dribbling but he needs to work on his passing
anyway i wish Gohary all the best as he has proved to be the best coach ever
and i think thaer Bawab will be disappointing, because almost half of spain played for Real madrid, although i hope i am proven wrong :embarass:

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Let's just hope Thaer is up to the expectations around him not only in Jordan but also in Spain where the media is comparing him to Rivaldo in his style. Ramon Garcia wanted to call him for the first team this year but the management of RM B refused releasing him to give him more time maturing and learning how to use his right leg. So he seems to be a great addition to the Jordanian squade especially with the lack of strikers in Jordan nowdays.

Othman is a very talented player, the way he dribbles is simply beautiful. Today against Baq'a he was surrounded with three players on the line when he raised the ball above them and turned around beautifully :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unbelieveable!

Thaer El-Bawab has been selected to play for Spain U-21 team, he wants to play with his country but his father and most importantly his club wants him to represent Spain! The Spanish football federation has asked for a paper proves that this match is a raising funds match so he can play for Spain?! I do not know how true this piece of news is but let's hope he picks Jordan at the end of the day, after all, it's a team with a larger hopes than before to become one of the best in Asia and with the new generation, Jordan might reach the world 2010 in South Africa and Spain has enough players to represent the country for them so very well.

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
Norway drew with Kuwait 1-1 in a friendly held in Kuwait. Don't think it was their full strngth side though.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Pooh said:
Unbelieveable!

Thaer El-Bawab has been selected to play for Spain U-21 team, he wants to play with his country but his father and most importantly his club wants him to represent Spain! The Spanish football federation has asked for a paper proves that this match is a raising funds match so he can play for Spain?! I do not know how true this piece of news is but let's hope he picks Jordan at the end of the day, after all, it's a team with a larger hopes than before to become one of the best in Asia and with the new generation, Jordan might reach the world 2010 in South Africa and Spain has enough players to represent the country for them so very well.
Really a shame....I was looking forward to see this guys, I've never seen him play, but I hear he is good.

On the bright side (for me atleast ;) ) no Madrista on the national team....yayayaa ;)

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HiJazzey said:
Norway drew with Kuwait 1-1 in a friendly held in Kuwait. Don't think it was their full strngth side though.
It's true, they left their proff players and came with their local players, but honestly you can not judge them after Kuwait match, have you seen the pitch? Horrible to say the least! Water polo match :D

Well Barca_AT19,

I think it would be amazingly great to have a JORDANIAN player playing in RM on the highest level of football and if that player was a member in Jordan NT I think he will be a great help to reach the highest stages in Asia.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Pooh said:
It's true, they left their proff players and came with their local players, but honestly you can not judge them after Kuwait match, have you seen the pitch? Horrible to say the least! Water polo match :D

Well Barca_AT19,

I think it would be amazingly great to have a JORDANIAN player playing in RM on the highest level of football and if that player was a member in Jordan NT I think he will be a great help to reach the highest stages in Asia.
Agree, thats why i said i was disapointed for not seeing him in action :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: And I am proud for the kid and wish him all the best :thumbsup: But after all he does play for the enemy :nasty: :nasty: :nasty: :nasty: :nasty: :nasty:

P.S. do you really want HiJAzzey to start comenting on our pitches?? Since I brought this up have you heard of the state of the art satdium they'll build on the airport road. I just heard my friends Dad bring it up.....

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jordan, Norway to play for tsunami victims on Friday

1/26/2005 10:53:00 PM GT

Mahmoud Al Johary revamped the national team dropping well-known faces such as captain Abdullah Abu Zame'h, Mahmoud Shibayeh, Mouayyad Salim, Haitham Shboul, Rateb Awadat, Amer Deeb and Hassouneh Sheikh -JT

AMMAN — Jordan and Norway will meet in a friendly match on Friday, proceeds of which will be donated to support victims of the devastating tsunami that struck 11 countries on Dec. 26, 2004.

The 5:00pm match comes less than two weeks after head coach Mahmoud Al Johary revamped the national team dropping well-known faces such as captain Abdullah Abu Zame'h, Mahmoud Shibayeh, Mouayyad Salim, Haitham Shboul, Rateb Awadat, Amer Deeb and Hassouneh Sheikh.

Among the faces to stay were Faisal Ibrahim, Bashar Bani Yasin, Mustafa Abu Shihdeh and Anas Zboun who will lead a group of new, younger faces mostly under 25 years of age.

The Jordan Football Association (JFA) donated $15,000 to FIFA's tsunami fund and informed world football's governing body that JFA President HRH Prince Ali had directed that revenue from the Jan. 28 Jordan-Norway match also be donated to help victims of the tsunami.

As the Norwegian team was scheduled to arrive in Amman on Thursday, after playing in Bahrain where they won 1-0, Jordan's team put the finishing touches on first phase of preparations with Johary expressing satisfaction with the enthusiasm and commitment shown by players during the past two weeks.

Hoping for long-term results, Johary explained that many well-known names were dropped as they were no longer performing as expected. This included veterans who no longer displayed the fighting spirit, being replaced by not so well-known faces who made their mark in the first seven weeks of the Premier League Championship.

Although, many Faisali Club players were not included in the line-up due to their participation in the Arab Champions League, Johary called up Amer Shafie', Khaled Saad, Hatem Aqel and Qusai Abu Alia who just returned after their team's 0-0 draw with Tunisia's Afriqi.

Tha'er Bawab, who plays in the youth team of Spain's Real Madrid, was also recalled to try it out with the team.

Johary told the press the new line-up, intended to have a median age of 26 by 2007, was by no means final. “We will continue to assess and reassess and only the best will stay” he said, adding that the first phase of training will run up to June 30 during which the team will be carefully assessed before the final lineup is announced in December prior to the Asian qualifiers in February 2006.

Jordan is now ranked 40th in FIFA's world rankings. Although the national team impressed everyone by reaching the 2004 Asian Cup finals for the first time in the event's 49-year history, a careful assessment of Jordanian football and the road ahead has been in the works for the past two months, following Jordan's elimination from the World Cup qualifiers last autumn after a sudden loss of momentum and consistency.

As part of Jordanian efforts to aid victims of the tsunami, which left a catastrophic trail of death and destruction killing hundreds of thousands and causing severe damage in countries bordering the Indian Ocean, the Jordan Basketball Federation also held an “all-star” match last week grouping the top players in the league against the foreign players in the First Division, donating revenue from the match to support victims of the tsunami that has so far claimed the lives of over 280,000 people in Southeast Asia.

The foreign stars beat Jordan's players 93-67 in the match which also included a three-point shooting as well as slam dunk competition.

Jordan was among the first Arab countries to send aid to Southeast Asia, after the region was devastated by the killer tsunami. Upon His Majesty King Abdullah's directives, the kingdom airlifted emergency relief, doctors, field hospitals, food and blankets through the Jordan Hashemite Charity Organisation to victims in the region.

Jordan Telecom also designated Jan. 7 a day of free calls to the Asian countries devastated by the tsunami, to enable expatriates from these countries to contact their relatives and friends. Other initiatives include an SMS campaign by MobileCom in coordination with the Jordanian Red Crescent Society.

Norway played two matches against Bahrain and won 1-0 and against Kuwait 1-1

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Barca_AT19 said:
P.S. do you really want HiJAzzey to start comenting on our pitches?? Since I brought this up have you heard of the state of the art satdium they'll build on the airport road. I just heard my friends Dad bring it up.....
I know they want to build a new stadium on the airport road, but I have no idea how its gonna look like! I heard its gonna a master piece stadium.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
It seems that Jordan's line-up for tomorrow's match is going to be like this:

-----------------Amer Shafi---------

Faisal Ibraheem--------Hatem Akil-----Bashar Bani Yasin-----Khalid Saad

-----------------------Qusai Abu Alia--------Hasan Abdel-Fatah

---------------Yazin Zahrawi----Moayed Abu-Kishik

-------------Thaer El-Bawab

------------Mostafa Shihdeh

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
It seems our defence are mainly veterans, and we are gonna experiment only with the attack and midfield.....

M Shihdeh is great I like him alot....

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Barca_AT19 said:
It seems our defence are mainly veterans, and we are gonna experiment only with the attack and midfield.....

M Shihdeh is great I like him alot....
You can not call Hkalid Saad a veteran even if he was chosen between the best Asian&Arab 1st eleven team!He is only 21 years.

Gohary has called some very good young defenders like Shadi from Hussain Irbid who is only 19 years. I think Jordan is going to have a better team than the one before, these players are young enough to learn as much as they can from El-Gohary even though I do not like his defensive style at all, but he is an amazing teacher.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
0-0.

Very good match for the young Jordanian team, actually the difference in the sizes between both teams players has made it very hard to score from any headers.

Best players from Jordan were Moayed Abu-Kishik, Faisal Ibraheem and Khalid Saad, this kid is amazing.

Thaer El-Bawab has not receieved so much balls to judge him but apparently he is a very high player but he needs more time to gell with others.

Nice start for the new team.

P.S: the pitch sucks big big big time.

·
Registered
74 Posts
although not much of thaer was seen i think that when he gets used to johary's style of play he'll be an excellent player. i think that muayyad abu kishk is a really good player, Jordanian players aren't really known for moving around people and sort of european style play. the best way of putting it is that he's an explosive player. i think we would all agree about this being a really good way to start 2005. i'm sorry but i find firas taleb to be a very very bad player. the way i see it johary should've put in Abdelsattar or Fityani

1 - 20 of 20 Posts