Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Norway with 3 regulars out (Berg, Johnsen and Iversen) had little trouble in beating Italy. 2-0 or 3-0 would have been a much fairer scoreline. However, it was scary to see how toothless Italy were in attack without Vieri. He is the strong man who can threaten defenders with his physique in the air.

Why did Italy play long balls against Norway? The masters of that style. That was a tactical blunder by Zoff. Inzaghi couldn't get near the ball when the Norwegian centerbacks both were over 190cm/6'3" tall. But even when they played on the ground, it wasn't dangerous at all.

It's typical Italian to struggle in warm-up matches to big tournaments. That is the only positive message Italian fans can get a week before EURO 2000 starts.

------------------
Webmaster
http://worldcup.socceralliance.com

D

·
0 Posts
That was strane, and why did Zoff do that to Inzaghi who is already under so much pressure in Italy. He has got to deliver else nobody in Italy wants him in the team, and then Zoff does something like this to them, expect him to control long balls and beat players who are twice his size to it?

Swedish players are quite tall right?, hopefully Zoff has learned his lesson.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Italy's midfield was awful.Fiore and Conte were just bad,but Albertini and Pessotto were devastating bad.Zambrotta was ok,I think he can cover the gap left by Fuser.

------------------
Parma will fight back...FORZA PARMA!

T

·
0 Posts
After this match it seems brighter for Sweden... if norway can do it, then probably sweden also can do it! :)

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
italy will play better in euro2000,this was just an pre match and you know italy only played 45%.
they will come back,but im dissapointed with the midfield :(where is gattuso and the others!!!!!!!!

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
hey trez we posted exactly the same time :)

T

·
0 Posts
Yeah, I saw that, Nick!
I didn't see this match, but I don't think Norway either played 100%...

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Who is this Jan A that is the moderator of the World Cup forum?? I always thougth it was Jan, but he seems to like Fredrikstad? And was Driver X a Norwegian as well?

PS This is a really old thread, I just noticed that this forum turned 1 year old on April 30th :)

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Under Driver X 's profile it says his locations is New Zealand :eekani: :wth: / Netherlands :dielaugh:

So he is either a kiwi living in Holland or a dutchman living in "The land of the long white cloud :D "

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
But Driver X was even more active in this forum in the beginning than you are now Andreas :eekani: Together with Nick he posted all the threads :confused:

We should have some more Kiwis here at xtratime :hopefull:

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Maybe you are not familiar with this Driver X dude Orange.He was a poster that went to every forum and copied articles and pasted them into a topic.He was famous for that.Now I have no idea where he is since he has been away for a long time now.it was very rair that I saw this guy post anything by himself :)

And I have never seen this Jan A guy either and he is a moderator :eekani:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts