Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inter swoop for Stankovic
Saturday, 31 January 2004
FC Internazionale have signed midfield player Dejan Stankovic from S.S. Lazio for a reported fee of €4m.

Pandev taken by Lazio
The deal for the Serbo-Montenegrin international also includes half-ownership of 20-year-old Macedonian forward Goran Pandev, who is currently on loan to Ancona Calcio. Stankovic has signed a contract until 2008 with Inter after more than five years with Lazio, where his deal was due to expire this summer.

Out of UEFA Cup reckoning
Inter will face French side FC Sochaux Montbéliard in the UEFA Cup third round on 26 February and 3 March but Stankovic, who scored 25 goals in 137 Serie A matches with Lazio, will not be eligible having already played in the UEFA Champions League with the Rome club this season.

www.uefa.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------

01/31/2004. After months of speculation, Dejan Stankovic has finally signed for Inter.

The Serbian midfielder joins Inter in a transfer that sees Lazio getting 4 million Euros and Pandev, who is on loan with Ancona, from next season.

Negotiations had intensified during the night but only this morning was an agreement found. Stankovic accepted a pay-cut so to accelerate the negotiation in time for the transfer deadline (1pm CET).

The player is already in Milan and will most probable be officially presented today to the fans and journalists.
SA Europe

www.soccerage.com

----------------------------------------------------------------

Stankoviæ u Interu do 2008. godine

Dejan Stankoviæ je konaèno igraè Intera. Poslednjeg dana zimskog prelaznog roka reprezentativac Srbije i Crne Gore potpisao je èetvorogodišnji ugovor sa klubom iz Milana i tako prekinuo višemeseèna nagadjanja gde æe nastaviti karijeru.

Do dogovora Lacija i Intera došlo je u trenutku kada je izgledalo da æe Stankoviæ do juna ostati u Rimu. Promene u rukovodstvu milanskog kluba, ali i mešetarenje generalnog direktora Juventusa Luæana Moðija, koji je tvrdio da je naš fudbaler potpisao predugovor sa “Starom damom”, ozbiljno su pretili da zaustave jedan od najatraktivnijih transfera u Seriji A ove zime.

www.sportskacentrala.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

:( finally it has happened, after months and months of Carson35 keeping us updated on the progress of the Stankovic rumors, he has finally gone to the worst of the big clubs, Inter. :( good luck Stankovic.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Good. Now hopefully we will no longer have to watch his ineffective displays for the national team. The only time i have seen him play well was against germany in france 98. Sorry to say this but with Boskovic, and Vukic it is now time for deki to move on to sitting on the bench.

·
Registered
11,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

i just hope he gets playtime at Inter. With Emre, Zanetti, van der Meyde, Kily Gonzalez, Almeyda, Lamouchi and Recoba probably being used as a midfielder again now that Inter got Adriano, there will be a lot of competition in the midfield and Dejan is going have to fight very hard to earn a spot in the starting 11.

·
Registered
40,649 Posts
He'll get that first team spot, don't worry RB. ;)

He wasn't chosen in the Serie A team of the year for nothing and even with all the criticism lately he's been scoring goals like crazy for lazio. I'm glad he left but Juve would have been a better option.

Still Inter is entering an entire new phase with Moratti gone as chairman, I understand he still holds most of the shares but hopefully they'll now concentrate on building a team and not buying one.

Now tell me that this doesn't look good:

vd Meyde-Deki-Emre-Killy Gonzalez
--------Adriano---Vieri---------

FORZA DEKI! :cool:

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
Ooh, I'm so concerned :rolleyes:

Like I really care...

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
Yea Borba and you worry about newly-promoted Russian II division teams...I know, it's tough :tongue:

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
I felt it was necessary to voice my opinion :tongue:

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
I am not going to play logical games with you Borba :tongue:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I have mixed feelings about him leaving lazio, however, inter, is a solid team right now, not exactly the "best" in serie A but solid, I know he'll get playing time. However, I would have loved for him to have been in Milan, even though their loaded(rivaldo is on the bench!) and yes, they do have rui-costa, seedorf, however I think deki is better then them, I would have loved to see him in a blk/red jersey- gattuso-deki-pirlo-kaka. However, Inter is solid, and, he would have been better of at Juve, b/c davids is gone, and I least would have thought he would be a good replacement, but I'm sure miha will be miss him thou.

Good luck Deki

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Inter switch delights Stan Saturday 31 January, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dejan Stankovic has spoken for the first time as an Inter player following his move from Lazio.

The Serbian joined the Nerazzurri on Saturday in a £3m deal that will also see the capital side get Goran Pandev, on loan at Ancona, in the summer.

"I thank Inter for their interest and belief in me," Stankovic told his new club’s official website. "I have great respect for Lazio who gave me the chance to play at the highest levels.

"Because of this I felt that it was necessary to give up part of my signing on fee in order to give Lazio a bit more cash seeing as my contract was set to expire in June 2004.

"I’m now at the start of a new adventure with a great club and a great squad. I’m immediately at the disposal of the Coach and my new teammates."

Stankovic will be given the No 11 shirt and boss Alberto Zaccheroni has admitted he may feature against Siena tomorrow.

"If he is in good shape then he could play straight away," stated Zac. "However, he will need to train with us today otherwise it will be tough for me to select him.

"Stankovic is a player that I know well seeing as I was with him at Lazio. He’s an attacking midfielder who with time could become an excellent central midfielder."

Lazio boss Roberto Mancini, who yesterday insisted that the midfielder would remain, was obviously disappointed.

"We’ve lost a great player," he stated. "I was convinced that he would stay until the summer but the decision was made by the club.

"We must now just look to the future. Lazio remain a strong side and I’m convinced we can still finish in the top four and win the Coppa Italia."

However, there may be further bad news for the capital side. Whispers suggest that Inter have also netted an option to sign Jaap Stam in the summer as part of the Stan deal.

Stankovic - still just 25 - spent six seasons with Lazio, where he scored 22 goals in 137 games.

channel4 ;)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Stan looks Inter the future Wednesday 4 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dejan Stankovic is convinced that his decision to join Inter will see him rewarded with silverware.

"I came here because I believe in the potential of this club," he told the ¡¥Gazzetta dello Sport¡¦ on Wednesday.

"There are some great champions here, an organised club and some first class fans. I want to thank them for the way they welcomed me at the weekend."

The Serbian made his debut in the 4-0 win over Siena just 24 hours after he sealed his move from Lazio.

"It all happened so quickly, we only just got the contract signed in time," added the midfielder who officially became an Inter player just eight minutes before the transfer deadline.

"On Friday I wasn¡¦t sure whether a deal would be completed. Inter even had to organise a special delivery on Sunday so they could get my boots from Rome.

"I was happy with my performance in a game where my teammates impressed me. I¡¦m sure we will do some great things together in the next six months and beyond."

However, his debut was marred by the post match bust up between his teammate Marco Materazzi and Siena¡¦s Bruno Cirillo.

"Unfortunately I¡¦ve also lost control in the past as I did at Siena when I was dismissed," he added. "I rightly paid the penalty for that incident. But I¡¦m not about to judge other people."

Materazzi was yesterday banned for two months after he struck the former Under-21 international in the face.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Stankovic happy with form Monday 5 April, 2004

Dejan Stankovic is delighted to have saved his best performance for Inter against the club that he snubbed in January.

The Serbian ace impressed in the 3-2 victory over Juventus last night to remind the Bianconeri of what they are missing.

"It was a great evening for us," said the midfielder. "It was a really important result for Inter who have been playing well for the last few weeks.

"I’m thrilled with my performance and it was definitely my best game for the club since I arrived here."

Stankovic set up his side’s first goal by passing to Obafemi Martins. He then won the penalty, converted by Christian Vieri, before scoring the third himself.

The Old Lady were keen to swoop for Stankovic when it became clear that Lazio would release him in January.

Juve claimed that they had agreed to sign the former Red Star ace before he decided to join the Nerazzurri instead.

channel4

·
Registered
40,649 Posts
JEDAN JE STANKOVIC DEJAN! :proud:

I had the pleasure of watching this one and Deki was involved in all 3 goals.
First one came after Deki came through in the left side of the penalty box and put in a good low pass on Martins who made it happen. After that came the penalty. I can say there was contact but Deki basically pulled one over on the Italians, ali neka je. The third goal came from a Farinos cross I believe and was headed on when Deki came storming in and put it in low with his left foot.
He got substituted for Karagounis about halfway through the second half and got a standing ovation, it was beautiful to see him stroll off the pitch, a winner!

·
Registered
40,649 Posts
I remember watching Zvezda-Kaiserslautern on German TV now a long time ago. A guy named 'Stejan Stankovic' :howler: came on according to the German commentator and was supposed to be our next supertalent and did he prove it that evening!

Let's get things straight, I'm all about the ladies, but I love this guy like I love Sinisha, Juga, Piksi, Dejo (as a player of course) and now Vidic.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts