Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to an Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool or Man U...or a Barca, Milan, Bayern etc for that matter

Obviously from Spurs you'd have:

- Berbatov
- Woodgate
- King if fit
- Alan Hutton
- Steeeed (no way worse than a Benayoun, Babel, Kuijt or Rosicky)

but what about the others like Tim Cahill, Yakubu, Gareth Barry, Martin Laursen, Christopher Samba, Martin Petrov...and even now Richard Dunne :D good enough?

your thoughts :cool:

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
They're not going anywhere Wally :stuckup:

I think the two very obvious ones are Berbatov and Arteta, two genuinely world class talents capable of performing at the very highest level.

King, Woodgate and Yobo are all great CB's. Cahill is a wicked player too. Samba hasn't built on his early promise this season. I just don't see enough in Yakubu or Barry to be honest.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Are we comparing them to top 4 (or other foreign teams) current set of players, or more as an impartial view?

·
A true hero
31,418 Posts
Arteta (Could get in anywhere in the top 4 imo)
Berbatov (Ditto)
Hutton (Could get in at Man U, Chelsea and Liverpool)
Bentley (Could get in at Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool)
Corluka (Could get in at Man U, Chelsea and Liverpool)

This could get long. There's plenty that could get in somewhere.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Whats so funny about Richard Dunne? Your defence is more of a joke than ours. I'd go as far to say hes more worthy than King or Woodgate as he has been a near-ever present for 5 seasons now. He's never injured.

Anyway from City you'd have Richard and Corluka. Petrov could do a job for Liverpool, and I reckon Gelson Fernandes and Michael Johnson would flourish under the tutelage of Arsene Wenger.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Why would any of those Spurs players leave fora top 4 club...

..I thought Spurs were title-challengers :rollani:

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
I think that Liverpool is the easiest to get into. For instance, in the centre back position, King, Woodgate, Dunne, Corluka, Yobo and maybe Richards could easily compete with Carragher, Skrtel and Hyypia. Midfield is difficult because I actually think Liverpool have a strong midfield espeically centrally. We all know how good Gerrard is and Alonso (not for a while though) and Mascherano are also top quality. Then you have a young protege in Lucas who has impressed in his cameo roles this season. Up front you only have Torres as a sure thing. Yakubu, Berbatov are definantly better than what Liverpool have to offer apart from Torres, with Defoe and Keane being on the level of Crouch.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Liverpool are really lacking on the wings. They should play Benayoun more often also.

Petrov, Malbranque, Bentley, Young and Valencia would all be good for them.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
still don't belive all the hype from Arteta.

He has done great at Everton, but I still remember his spell at Real Sociedad where he couldn't make the 1st 11 and was a bench player.

I think he is one of those players that need the exact right system to be able to play good.

But on talent then yeah h is top player.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Nzogbia, Martins if he counts having played for inter wud be gud enuf imo. elano and krancjar spring to mind too

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Arteta*
Tim Cahill
Yakubu
Defoe
Laursen
Barry
Agbonlahor
Bentley
Richards*
Corluka
Elano
Petrov
Neill
Bale
Woodgate
King*
Zokora
Steed
Berbetov*
Keane
Nzogbia
Martins*
Owen

All of these players would make the Liverpool starting line-up. While the ones with the stars would make the squad of the top 3.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Arteta*
Tim Cahill
Yakubu
Defoe
Laursen
Barry
Agbonlahor
Bentley
Richards*
Corluka
Elano
Petrov
Neill
Bale
Woodgate
King*
Zokora
Steed
Berbetov*
Keane
Nzogbia
Martins*
Owen

All of these players would make the Liverpool starting line-up. While the ones with the stars would make the squad of the top 3.
Your phucking clueless.I know we arent as good as the top 3 but give us some credit.Most the Spurs team? Hacks like Woodgate and Owen?

They are all typical Liverpool signings because they wouldnt improve us much, just like two seasons ago you would of had Pennant, Benayoun, Bellamy in that list.Good midtable players who are to mentally weak to play for such a club.

I'd spened money on Berbatov, Richards and Bale and be happy with the signing.The rest would send a shiver down my spine and give me the feeling we'll be holding off Everton for 4th again.

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Whats so funny about Richard Dunne?
well if you saw him when he first came to you guys from Everton, who'd have thought that he'd perhaps one day be considered good enough to make a step up?

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Id also like to add Kranjcar... well if Benayoun can, then I think Nico can, similar player, maybe even better :)

From some of the smaller teams at this point there is not many, Afonso Alves looks like a handful already at Boro.. we will see more at the end of the season.

I havent been so impressed with Woodgate at Spurs yet, but I will give him time. Still dont see why many people on this forum treat him like a second coming of Christ.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Diarra would easily get into the Arsenal squad... :D

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
still don't belive all the hype from Arteta.

He has done great at Everton, but I still remember his spell at Real Sociedad where he couldn't make the 1st 11 and was a bench player.

I think he is one of those players that need the exact right system to be able to play good.

But on talent then yeah h is top player.
Being the best player outside the top four for the past 2 seasons, barring maybe Berbatov kind of lays waste to whatever he was up to at Sociedad in all honesty.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts