Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, since this is the area of the website i go to most often id like to discuss other players around Italy and the world with you guys.

What you think of em, would you want them at the club, etc.

ill go with two players from Serie A.

Nicolas Mariano Gonzalez #19 of Palermo
and
Christian Rigano #9 of Fiorentina

id post pictures of them but im not to familiar with doing that on here and i dont feel like bothering to find out at the moment..

what do you guys think of the two players above...im sure most of you know Rigano, maybe not the Winger Gonzalez of Palermo...but id like to know your opinion...if there is a player you got list him as well....hopefully people read this thread and make a little contribution as im not really finding stuff to read on here as much anymore.

later,

Justin

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Gonzalez I havent seen much of, neither Rigano really, but Rigano is a monster of a striker and can be a success in Serie A!

Anyone want to state opinions on:

Cipriani and Barzagli :cool:

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
I have no special opinions on your players, Justin. Obviously Rigano is quite difficult to stop because of his physics.

Cipriani is a player I've been calmly impressed by this season. I thought he worked very hard against Juventus and that made me respect him a little bit more. He's not fantastically gifted though. He's alright IMO.

Barzagli is another player I've been impressed with so far, but to a much greater extent. Admittedly, I made some pretty harsh comments on him during the Olympics, especially after that disgraceful lack of pressure that allowed Appiah to score. But I've seen him a couple of times with Palermo now and he looks like he plays with a lot of confidence.

Any opinions on:

Roberto Guana and Cristiano Lucarelli :cool:
The latter not a favorite of mine btw, just curious. ;)

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Thotobald said:
Any opinions on:

Roberto Guana and Cristiano Lucarelli :cool:
The latter not a favorite of mine btw, just curious. ;)
Not an opinion, but I have to ask: how on earth is it possible for someone who trains at the very least once a day and plays a game for 90 minutes each week to still be fatter than I am? Same goes for Puyol. I just do not get it.

Lucarelli is cool though, that's not what this is about.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
I used to watch some Argie football, and from what i can remember, Gonzalez was sheer class, though i understand he's not doing so well with Palermo this season. Really a shame.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
be very nice if we could get a young guy like him to be a backup for Mancini or just try him out on the left...i havnt seen a lot of him though lately...if Fangio sees this maybe he can comment on the kid...

ill ask about someone else.

Ledesma Cristian Daniel #24 from Lecce...what do you guys think about him.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Actually I was thinking about what players I would like in the summer and say if Cassano, Dacourt, Panucci and Mido left which gave us some money I would think of these signings:

Montolivo, Langella, Bovo, Moro, Taddei, Moretti, Mozart and Cipriani :cool:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Langella would be a good player to have as would Taddei though Langella would be hard to pry away from Cagliari. Moretti I like as he is hard tackling and no nonsense though not the best going forward and since he couldn't play on the wings where would we play him?

Montolivo I haven't seen play though I have obviously have heard of him, perhaps he could adequately replace Cassano. He does however looks to much like a boy just like Aquilani, so that could lead to confusion on the field. :D Mozart does well at Reggina, haven't heard of Moro. I would rather have Caracciolo then Cipriani.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Cipriani is better than Caracciolo I think even if he doesnt score so much, he works much harder. Mozart is the class of Reggina, he deserves a better team, meaning us. Moro is the Chievo RB and I just think of him as he is solid and can be cover for that position. Moretti can play LB or CB and considering we sometimes play a back 4 he may be needed. Lets not forget that even Prandelli's fave formation includes a back 4.

If we did get prandelli in the summer I would also have some odds on us capturing a couple of his former employees who dont have too many offers such as Marchionni or Potenza...

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Cacìni said:
Not an opinion, but I have to ask: how on earth is it possible for someone who trains at the very least once a day and plays a game for 90 minutes each week to still be fatter than I am? Same goes for Puyol. I just do not get it.
:D

If I was to suggest a player for Roma, I'd say Franco Brienza. He's stunning :drool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts