Xtratime Community banner
4541 - 4554 of 4554 Posts

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Between a cheap reserve like Vidal or an expensive reserve like Tonali I know which to choose. But hey may be you know more than Conte and Marotta.. were you one of the guys who wanted Allegri to replace Conte ?
You got Vidal cheap, but he gets 3-4 more in wages than Tonali who we ended up paying 25 M Euro for. Tonali took a wage cut to 1.2 M euro(1.6 last season) Vidal gets 6.5 M Euro. So Vidal was apparently great for you last season, but not really that cheap.
Tonali was disappointing last season, better in this season.
Btw on the 3rd goal, it was Kessie giving away the ball twice. Tonali was not succesfull in reaching the ball afterwards as a Sassoulo player made a sliding tackle with the ball being played to Berardi. Even from there it looked like Berardi was covered by Romagnoli, but we know how it ended..
But Tonali was not at all at fault for the third goal.
Oh, and Berardi of all making a fool out of Roma, I wonder what happens during training when Roma has to face Leao and Diaz...

·
Registered
I M Inter Milan I M
25,204 Posts
Sure Nainggolan didn't single handedly qualify us to CL, just like Zlatan didn't single handedly win the Scudetto for us at Parma in 2008 because it's a team sport... but they sure were incredibly decisive moments. That Nainggolan goal against Empoli alone was worth 40-50mill in CL money but it's not like this was his only goal of the season either.

Conte at Inter was a 2 striker guy and so is Inzaghi now. Zaniolo won't be benching Lautaro let's be serious, not even now.

And I doubt Zaniolo can play as a CM tbh.
Zlatan did slightly more than being pure garbage and score the occasional goal though. If we had spent the money wisely we might not have needed the Nainggolan goal against Empoli.

Zaniolo would obviously not be a Lautaro replacement. He'd take the place of Sanchez or Correa in the current squad.

·
Registered
67,258 Posts
So your regret is missing out on a potentially backup player? Ok...

Obviously Zlatan >>>>>> Nainggolan, but I was comparing contributions in decisive games. The Empoli game didn't end up in winning a trophy, but 50mill CL money outweighs whatever we paid for Roma for Nainggolan and the wages of Nainggolan.

Had Inter sold Zaniolo separately, without Nainggolan being in the picture at all, I doubt any club would have bid a lot of money for him anyhow in 2018... and I am certain none of our coaches would have started him, they rarely depended on youth players.

Anyhow this debate is pointless now, we are the Champions of Italy while Zaniolo is playing Conference League football.

·
Registered
I M Inter Milan I M
25,204 Posts
Yeah, we've had this type of debate regarding players countless times and we just have to accept that we view player contributions differently. I prefer to look at overall performance while you prefer to look at isolated events. It's just the way it is I guess.

The Nainggolan signing will never be a success in my book.

·
Registered
67,258 Posts
What happened happened, anyhow

Nainggolan had injury issues a lot in 18-19 so I can't say he was a success, but that isolated incident match winner did help the club achieve CL qualification, so it was an important isolated incident. Some goals are more decisive than others.

I don’t see Zaniolo as a regret because of his injuries and because of his playing position, which wouldn't have suited Conte or Inzaghi.

You rate him higher than I do, fair enough.

·
Registered
19,239 Posts
Everyone knows my opinion on Tonali and Zaniolo vs Chilean alco and Belgian alco, so no point repeating.

Just enjoying all the Romagnoli memes on Twitter ATM haha. How the hell did we lose to these f**kers.... oh yeah, OG and missed pen... :rolleyes:

Reactions: Laudrup

·
Registered
67,258 Posts
Romagnoli didn't play and we didn't lose

·
Registered
47,955 Posts
It depends on who deserves the spot. Eriksen was benched by guys like Gags and was even going to be sold.

·
Registered
I M Inter Milan I M
25,204 Posts
Opta recently tweeted out that Hakan is now tied for 2nd for goals from outside the box in the 5 big leagues since 2013/14. In first place? Messi, by a LOT. Hakan is tied with Eriksen.

Surprised to see Coutinho in there. I guess he must have been hitting the gym since his Inter days. Back then his powderpuff shots from outside the box would barely make it to the goalline.

Reactions: stefan9 and Firdaus

·
Registered
19,239 Posts
4541 - 4554 of 4554 Posts