Xtratime Community banner
4461 - 4472 of 4472 Posts

·
Registered
18,952 Posts
The last time we won the Scudetto prior to last season, our coach left and Milan won the league the following season with Zlatan leading the line. History repeating itself is quite probable.
Good point.

I think this is the year Pioli breaks his duck...

Reactions: Oni

·
Registered
66,328 Posts
BRAIDA: ‘MILAN WILL WIN THE SCUDETTO’
epa09494196 AC Milan?s Rafael Leao (C) celebrates after scoring his team's first goal during the UEFA Champions League group B soccer match between AC Milan and Atletico Madrid at Giuseppe Meazza stadium in Milan, Italy, 28 September 2021. EPA-EFE/MATTEO BAZZI

Former Milan director Ariedo Braida believes the Rossoneri will win the Serie A title this season: ‘Paolo Maldini and Stefano Pioli have done an extraordinary job.’

Braida spent more than 20 years at Milan.

He was appointed general director in 1986 and, from 2002 until 2013 he served as the club’s sporting director.
He then moved to Barcelona, where he worked as ‘international sporting director’ in charge of negotiations with foreign clubs.

“I think Milan will win the title this season, Maldini and Pioli are doing an extraordinary job,” Braida told GR Parlamento, as quoted by Tuttomercatoweb.

“Zlatan Ibrahimovic will still be decisive even if time passes for everyone and now he often has physical issues.
“I am convinced that continuing with the same coach is essential because you have to start from scratch every time you change it.”

The Rossoneri sit second in the Serie A table, just two points off leaders Napoli.

After the break, Pioli’s side hosts Hellas Verona at San Siro before meeting Bologna, Torino, Roma and Inter.

They didn’t have a great start in their first Champions League campaign in seven years as they lost both their opening matches against Liverpool and Atletico Madrid.

·
Registered
48,288 Posts
hey guys is inter getting bought by saudis and i think it would be better investment world wide then newcastle especialy if serie a goes to 18 teams again and money stays the same or even more from tv and other sponsors. i mean has much more of global brand then newcastle and all the great players one day or another played for inter. from ronaldo baggio batistuta zamorano ibra vierri and may more. i guess what i am saying this is new day modern day off football when there is no privacy or intrigue about players but still inter would be able to get super stars t play for it.
The problem is that Inter play in a league which is not the Premier League and the same Inter can be blamed for not improving the league, the way the other Italian clubs can be blamed, the big ones in particular.

The bold condition might happen but TVs would obviously give 9/10 the money and not more.

·
Registered
18,952 Posts
The duck is getting grilled.
We lost Maignan and Theo... :cry:
You have the depth this year though.

Kalulu and Florenzi are both excellent. Zlatan is coming back, Giroud will soon be available and Leao and Rebic have both turned a corner.

You're the team to be beat

·
Registered
66,328 Posts
The duck is getting grilled.
We lost Maignan and Theo... :cry:
Theo is only a week/10 days absence due to covid, as for Maignan, both Tatarusanu and Mirante were starters at other Serie A clubs so I think you're alright.

·
Registered
66,328 Posts
You have the depth this year though.

Kalulu and Florenzi are both excellent. Zlatan is coming back, Giroud will soon be available and Leao and Rebic have both turned a corner.

You're the team to be beat
They signed 11 or 12 players or something in the summer.

·
Registered
18,952 Posts
This must be a shit post.
No.

To repeat:

Milan have 4 high quality strikers, 4 excellent central mids (Benaccer, Tonali, Kessie, Bakayoko), a great no. 10 (Diaz), 3 excellent CBs (Tomori, Kjaer, Romagnoli), by far the best left back in Italy, and one of the best right backs in Italy. Florenzi and Kalulu are decent backups/squad players.

They will also be at least +4 on Inter by the end of play on Saturday.

Everything is in place for a title challenge (win).

Pioli's late-winter/early spring implosion will at some point threaten to de-rail things, but they have the squad to do it this season.

• Wow
Reactions: Laudrup

·
Registered
66,328 Posts
Copied:

Considering the injury crisis, the Rossoneri can be more than happy to secure nine wins in their opening 10 Serie A rounds, something the club had only achieved once before in 1954-55.

---

The 1954–55 Serie A season was won by Milan.

---

That settles it, Congratulations to Milan on the 21-22 Scudetto. At least the title remains in the city for a 2nd season.

·
Registered
18,952 Posts
I also think they'll do it this year

·
Registered
66,328 Posts
What's with the Ukraine flag red, are you there to spy on Shakhtar?

4461 - 4472 of 4472 Posts