Xtratime Community banner
4441 - 4460 of 4472 Posts

·
Registered
18,952 Posts
In Spalletti's first season we started well and were even top in December then dropped to 4th but in his second season I don't remember a strong start or being on top at any stage, tbh.
Were Inter not among the top places (I think 2nd or 3rd) until around January? There was a 7-game winning run, with victories away to Lazio and Fiorentina and against Meelan that took us up the table.

I'm certain the same will happen to Napoli. I'm not saying that out of spite - I like them. And I think they have more depth than Inter had in Spaletti's 2nd year.

But the defensive depth is thread-bare.

·
Registered
10,922 Posts
Good to see the players are confident.

Having said that, the bookies still expect Milan to finish 4th with Inter the clear favourites.

·
Registered
9,370 Posts
So you praise them for being confident and yet you indicate that you personally aren't confident (by saying that Inter who lost Conte, Hakimi, Eriksen and Lukaku are favourites...)

so if anything you are calling yourself a loser - unlike your confident players - because you don't share their clear confidence. ;)
Good that you know I contradict ;)

·
Registered
9,370 Posts
I agree with you though I also think those coaches you mention rarely had supreme championship teams. Napoli for example will fail because of their lack of squad depth and because their midfield is still too weak (both depth and first team problems). Spaletti will make things worse when he acts like Hamlet by February but still.

Milan's Pioli inspires more confidence for me. Their issue is more depth than first team quality. A bunch of their players, like Napoli, will go to the African Cup of Nations. They have some positions with no depth at all, including forward, but their defence and midfield is much more solid than Napoli's.

The top three teams are definitely Inter, Milan, Juventus for me. For the latter, the main question is whether they can produce goals regularly. For you, that is less of an issue especially with Dzeko who looks to be a Serie A killer this season.
Tonali growth came at the right moment. He is no more a third wheeler among Kessie and Ismael.
At the moment, Kessie or Ismael is fighting for the starting slot.
Kessie contract issue and of course the AFCON. We will lose Ismael too.
We could bring Adli in whom we already secure and left him on loan in the French league.

Milan lost plenty of points playing at home after being crown the winter champion. If you call that as choke...

Napoli losing Koulibaly will be huge.

·
Registered
66,328 Posts
Good to see the players are confident.

Having said that, the bookies still expect Milan to finish 4th with Inter the clear favourites.
Players take the pitch while bookies don't, so obviously players matter more

Congratulations on the 21-22 Scudetto.

·
Registered
66,328 Posts
Were Inter not among the top places (I think 2nd or 3rd) until around January? There was a 7-game winning run, with victories away to Lazio and Fiorentina and against Meelan that took us up the table.

I'm certain the same will happen to Napoli. I'm not saying that out of spite - I like them. And I think they have more depth than Inter had in Spaletti's 2nd year.

But the defensive depth is thread-bare.
Don't recall the order of matches in 18-19 tbh, but what I remember is that we weren't top unlike 17-18 or 15-16 under Mancio. In 18-19 we started out losing to Sassuolo and had that home draw against Torino when we choked a 2-0 lead...

·
Registered
66,328 Posts
Tonali growth came at the right moment. He is no more a third wheeler among Kessie and Ismael.
At the moment, Kessie or Ismael is fighting for the starting slot.
Kessie contract issue and of course the AFCON. We will lose Ismael too.
We could bring Adli in whom we already secure and left him on loan in the French league.

Milan lost plenty of points playing at home after being crown the winter champion. If you call that as choke...

Napoli losing Koulibaly will be huge.
Senegal are expected to go far in the next ACN, may be even win it.

Tournament is from 9 Jan to 6 Feb.

I checked Napoli's matches and in that period they only have 1 top match: juve, that aside they can manage without Koulibaly.

The ACN final will be on Feb 6th, so Koulibaly will be back by the time Napoli play Inter on Feb 13th.

Not that bad a situation even if he is their best defender and one of the best in the world. They can manage with Manolas-Rrahmani.

·
Registered
66,328 Posts
Worth noting that obviously there is no European football in that period, so no need to rotate much for Spalletti.

Let's focus on Milan being the favourites though, no one from Napoli or Inter or juve spoke with such utter belief like Calabria or Zlatan did.

·
Registered
59 Posts
hey guys is inter getting bought by saudis and i think it would be better investment world wide then newcastle especialy if serie a goes to 18 teams again and money stays the same or even more from tv and other sponsors. i mean has much more of global brand then newcastle and all the great players one day or another played for inter. from ronaldo baggio batistuta zamorano ibra vierri and may more. i guess what i am saying this is new day modern day off football when there is no privacy or intrigue about players but still inter would be able to get super stars t play for it.

·
Registered
66,328 Posts
Blatant lie, though.

Why would some people’s comments change the facts - that Milan are not the favourites?
Milan players matter more in terms of deciding who wins the title than a bunch of bookies or some people betting on matches, unless the matches are fixed but that is another matter.

·
Registered
66,328 Posts
hey guys is inter getting bought by saudis and i think it would be better investment world wide then newcastle especialy if serie a goes to 18 teams again and money stays the same or even more from tv and other sponsors. i mean has much more of global brand then newcastle and all the great players one day or another played for inter. from ronaldo baggio batistuta zamorano ibra vierri and may more. i guess what i am saying this is new day modern day off football when there is no privacy or intrigue about players but still inter would be able to get super stars t play for it.
Well now that they already bought Newcastle I doubt they will buy Inter too, Newcastle only cost 350mill while Suning rejected 700mill before going by reports. Moreover will the Saudis spend on 2 clubs in 2 top leagues? It's not exactly a case of Pozzo owning some minor clubs in various leagues, the Saudis are in it to spend big like the Qataris at PSG and the Emirates at Man City.

There's no argument that Inter is a bigger club than Newcastle but the Premiership is richer and attracts more viewers. And Newcastle costing less is also a factor.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well now that they already bought Newcastle I doubt they will buy Inter too, Newcastle only cost 350mill while Suning rejected 700mill before going by reports. Moreover will the Saudis spend on 2 clubs in 2 top leagues? It's not exactly a case of Pozzo owning some minor clubs in various leagues, the Saudis are in it to spend big like the Qataris at PSG and the Emirates at Man City.

There's no argument that Inter is a bigger club than Newcastle but the Premiership is richer and attracts more viewers. And Newcastle costing less is also a factor.
who cares if it is richer they care about saudis and suddenly you hear saudis i like this club but i also like newcastle now

·
Registered
66,328 Posts
You need not worry we will all die eventually anyhow. On Topic: Pioli, Zlatan and Calabria all involved in the title race, all confident in Milan winning.

·
Registered
59 Posts
milan is geing ino their grove juve after chelsea are finding their best intensity and way to play, napoli is riding their confidence roma is coming nicely and inter is experimenting putting a 5 mill player in wrong position. not using target man where target man is used in penalty box not 40 meters from goal and on and on. if this idiot simeone does not change his stuburness inter will fade away when players start to get frustrated with lack off leadership and competance

·
Registered
18,952 Posts
You need not worry we will all die eventually anyhow. On Topic: Pioli, Zlatan and Calabria all involved in the title race, all confident in Milan winning.
They have to be favourites now that they have a backup for Calabria and Tonali is playing well again. Giroud could also make a big difference. Tomori-Kjaer has to be one of the best CB pairings in the league.

I see why so many people have them as favourites

·
Registered
66,328 Posts
The last time we won the Scudetto prior to last season, our coach left and Milan won the league the following season with Zlatan leading the line. History repeating itself is quite probable.

·
Registered
9,370 Posts
All Milanista abandon thread. It's a trap :ROFLMAO:
They are bring us to the rabbit hole....

4441 - 4460 of 4472 Posts