Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could we finally clarify the situation with regards to Madrid's non-EU problem. Del Bosque has to reduce the numbers to five, and the list as a follows.

Bizarri ?
R.Carlos ?
Geremi
Solari
Cambassio
Savio
Baljic
Rodrigo
Etoo

Some points worth mentioning. Does Bizarri have an Italian passport and Carlos have Spanish citizenship now so that hepls the situation.
Solari was a particular waste of space, espaecailly as they knew Cambassio was coming and is a better player. Pirri has denied interest in DONKEY MILOSEVIC.
It seems likely that Bajic is out with the signing of Munitis and Etoo's position unclear. Geremi and Rodrigo are certainties to leave. Instead of buying foriegn crap we should keep Etoo and use the Anelka money to pay off debts rather than spending when not totally neccessary unless maybe Alfonso. If we did loan out Etoo it breaches Spanish soccer regulations that a player cannot be loaned out more than 3 times on the trot.To let him go would be a tragedy, he is a better player and always was then Anelka with far more knowledge and potential then that Frog. Should he go we should have kept Aganzo.

Alfonso would be my choice because it seems the board just love to spend, Mora alongside and Raul just behind.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Unfortunately the spanish federation have indeed lowered the barier to 5 non EU's and this really hurts our chances:mad: We have to choose five and this will be very difficult, because the other have to be sold, or loaned: here's the full list (again) and you guys choose:

Roberto CARLOS da Silva (waiting for spanish passport, it may hapen quickly as with Catanha)
SAVIO Bortolini (same situation, waiting for french, we'll hvae to wait)
RODRIGO Fabri (definitely non EU, and he's soooo good. What do we do?)
GEREMI Fotso Ndjitap ( one of the best, only 21!!!!, cannot be sold IMo, but...:mad: )
Esteban CAMBIASSO(even younger, cannot be sold either, but what do we do?)
Santiago SOLARI (if i were Sanz I would simply sell this moron, I'm sure we can get more than the 3 mln we paid for him, remember he wa bought for the clause and Atletico had NO choice. now we can push him in for some 7 mln $. we all hate him here, but he isn't that bad a footballer. We simply don't need him!:mad: )
Elvir BALJIC ( a difficult one, i want him to stay evry much, he came for 15 mln $, so he has to be good. Plus he can play in different positions)
Samuel ETO'O - ( so ggoooooooooodddd! has to stay, and i can't see del Bosque leaving him out again)
Edwin CONGO - a great player, but in this case, he's pretty much hopeless i think:(, maybe we'll loan him again?)
Perica OGNJENOVIC - already loaned, but maybe we should just sell him!?

Ok, that's all I can think of for now, Izarri is EU, (ITALian!), but I doubt he'll stay in Madrid.

My 5 choices for now are:
Roberto carlos da Silva
Savio
Baljic
Geremi
Eto'o( we have to, this time)

perhaps if we get the first too EU passports these two can come also!:
Cambiasso
Rodrigo

This is a serious problem folks, because we have a whole mass of non eus, particularly in the B team. Players like Cesar Prates and federico Magallanes are said to be Madrid property! Hala once said we owned a total of 48 players!, could you perhaps get that list up and running. This sux and our board better realise it soon! Look at Barca, they have no problems of this sort:mad:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What exactly is the law? 5 Non-EUs per team. That can be interpreted in several ways: Does that mean first squad only? Also, even though players are loaned out, they are also technically property of the team loaning them out. Do they thus also count in that number?

I'm curious to see how this will hold up because I believe that this regulation may be in conflict with European law. Personally, I don't mind this regulation but I also know that it can make managing a pain in the rear.

I think that Geremi, Cambiasso, Baljic, Solari are possible loans. I think that Baljic is too good to be loans (as I've stated many times before) and I think if we have to ditch Geremi, a loan is better than a sale. I also think that Eto'o could be sold, since as sacchi pointed out, we can't transfer him any more.

I don't know what to think honestly about Savio. I want him to stay realllly bad but I also realise that he has been complaining about his contract for sometime and it seems to fall on deaf ears because he is still on about it. As far as his non-EU problem, once you qualify for citizenship, it takes anywhere from 1-1 1/2 years (maybe 2 years) for it all to go through.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
The rule is a squad that you have to put up, consisted of 25 players can only have 5 non EU's. It was 6 last year, but it only means the players who can play for you dor the upcoming 6 months. It can be changed in January, when you have to put up a new 25 player team.

We'll see with Savio. I've just read Munitis is confirmed as a Madrid plater!!!! Any comments?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, I addressed this under the post re: Eto'o. I think it could be a sign for SAvio to look elsewhere?

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
A very worrying sign indeed. both are awesome players, but I still think Savio is slightly better. it would be a huge dissapointment if Savio left, he is one of my absolute favorites in the team. he is heavily underrated, so selling him will not bring the revenue it should. This is not a good idea.:mad: FOR ONCE SANZ show you are not a moron and give this guy a raise, i don't care if we have 900 mln $ debt, this guy is worth any kind of money!!!!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Let's hope del Bosque is sensible after all....and I really hope the election could have an end (not far away though)...then we could say bye bye to all the messes!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts