Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trap has named the players that will go to the world cup:

Goalkeepers: Buffon (Juventus), Toldo (Inter), Abbiati (Milan)

Defenders: Nesta (Lazio), Cannavaro (Parma), Maldini (Milan), Materazzi (Inter), Iuliano (Juventus), Panucci (Roma), Coco (Barcelona)

Midfielders: Zambrotta (Juventus), Di Livio (Fiorentina), Di Biagio (Inter), Zanetti (Inter), Tommasi (Roma), Gattuso (Milan), Doni (Atalanta)

Forwards: Totti (Roma), Inzaghi (Milan), Del Piero (Juventus), Montella (Roma), Delvecchio (Roma), Vieri (Inter)

No Baggio, no Fiore and no Ambro.

I agree with not including the first 2, but he should have taken Ambro, he's been a majour factor in Milan's good season finish.

4 Milan players do go:

Abbiati, Maldini, Gattuso and Inzaghi
5 if u count Coco... (Coco is the only player outside of Italy to be included).

4 players from Juventus, 5 from Inter, 5 from Roma.
Lazio, Atalanta, Fiorentina and Parma bring one player each.

Anyways, I like the way this team looks and I have a good feeling about this tournument. Let's hope our players will make their impact on the international side !!!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And what did Ambro have to say about this ?

AC Milan midfielder Massimo Ambrosini has admitted that he is bitterly disappointed by being on the stand-by list rather than included in Italy coach Geovanni Trapattoni's World Cup squad.

The midfielder has had an injury-ravaged season but thought he had returned to form just at the right time. He was included in the squad to play Uruguay in a friendly in April as team-mate Demetrio Albertini was injured - but did not make the cut for the final 23-man squad.

Instead, Trapattoni selected Ambrosini as his first substitute to be called up in case someone gets injured, a scenario the midfielder is less than happy about.

He said: "I wasn't happy to be into the squad the last time because of Albertini's injury, and now I am even more upset than before because I don't want anyone to get injured so that I can play.

"Last weekend a director of the Italian Football Federation called me and explained me that I probably wouldn't be in Trapattoni's squad but I still had hope until today.

"Physically I'm on top of things, considering that I haven't played a lot this year because of injuries. During the last weeks I think I have shown that I deserve a call-up but Trap probably considered the whole season.

"But of course I still respect Trapattoni a lot and I wish that Italy have a great World Cup," he added.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
It's a disgrace that Ambrosini isn't going to the WC! :mad:

·
Registered
13,949 Posts
Well, Di Livio is alway importnat because he can play on both wings, gives his best, and is great crosser.
But i believe he could have done better than guys like Zanetti or Gattuso. I mean he is much more a complete player than them. Great recovering the ball, but also on passing and creating attacks, and even dangerous at heading.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Ambrosini should be in there. He is a great player and deserves to be in there.

I am really f*cking pissed off about Baggio not making it. The man is a legend and the World Cup just isn't the same without Baggio. He deserves it much more than Delvecchio.

Milan has 4 players, 1 in every position. We also have a loaned player (Coco), a reserve player (Ambrosini) and someone who would have made it if he had not been injured (Albertini). We could have had 7 players, which is pretty good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts