Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United - Riquelme link truth EXCLUSIVE
28 Feb 2006 15:02

Clubcall understands that Manchester United will make Deportivo La Coruna midfielder Aldo Duscher their priority signing in the summer - :eekani: instead of Villarreal star Juan Roman Riquelme.

Reports over the weekend suggested that Riquelme could be the Reds number one transfer target at the end of the campaign - with a possible £10million move mooted.

However, leading Spanish football journalist Ivan Modia has told clubcall that United are unlikely to sign the 27-year-old Argentine international.

"Manchester United were keen on Duscher and Riquelme is not the same type of player," Modia said.

"United need a Roy Keane replacement - that will never be Riquelme.

"He would not be a target because you would have to change your whole formation for him. I don't think he will benefit the future of Manchester United.

"Aldo Duscher said last week he would like to join Manchester United. However, Depor won't let him go for less than 10million euros."

·
Registered
338 Posts
Again, I always take things like this with a pinch of salt. Maybe there is some truth and SAF sees something in this player that we can not.

Or it's rubbish.

I will go with the second option :tongue:

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Yep, sounds just about spot on for United. Ignore Ballack, Riquelme & co.

Buy Duscher instead, we're sure to win the premier league again.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
funky_red said:
Again, I always take things like this with a pinch of salt. Maybe there is some truth and SAF sees something in this player
he's not that bad, wouldn't let Sissoko run the show against him without giving him a few kicks.

·
Banned
2,825 Posts
Simba said:
Yep, sounds just about spot on for United. Ignore Ballack, Riquelme & co.

Buy Duscher instead, we're sure to win the premier league again.
:howler: Man I cant laugh at these kind of jokes, because it scares me a lot. I know SAF is capable of pulling off something like this, and its a prospect that makes me lose sleep at night :scared:

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Riqulme would not fit into the EPL anyway he is to slow also the team would need to be built around him as well.

·
Registered
268 Posts
running two old reports together to make it look like new news.... and this report is all based on some spanish footy pundit's opinion...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts