Xtratime Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
International
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read on a Croatian site that the Italian players will not sing the national anthem before the games. Gattuso says that they sing it many times during the day and that it can always be heard on the team bus. After being asked if it's because the players don't know the words, Gattuso responded by saying anybody can look at the game in Kashimi where everybody was singing the anthem.

Is this story a fabrication or are you guys for real?

I know here in Canada at least, the average Italian I grew up with didn't know how to speak Italian, many of which claimed they could understand it, but not speak it:D They sure as hell didn't know the anthem if they couldn't speak the language, but then that's Canada and most of them were born here. Still, you'd think they'd pick something up from their immigrant parents who spoke poor English.

·
International
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No it really isn't a big deal but I'd think it would be a personal choice. Some prefer to sing some don't but I don't see why it would be the whole team who says they won't sing.

But then Gattuso's words could've been taken out of context.

·
Registered
13,354 Posts
You're absolutely right, Ivo, he was speaking for the team, I read the same story as you. And what bothered me was exactly that - why is he speaking for the Azzuri and not Maldini, our captain?! :mad:

·
International
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah that is pretty strange, Maldini should do the talking and if not him, at least another senior member of the team.

What's funny is how in the world did this question even come up? I mean, it's not a normal question to ask whether or not players will sing the anthem, unless Gattuso just volunteered this information for whatever reason.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts