Xtratime Community banner

NO SELF-RESPECTING INTER FAN WILL IDOLIZE LUIS FIGO ANYMORE

1K views 51 replies 26 participants last post by  The Infamous_LFC 
#1 ·
After what he did on Tuesday, in our biggest game of the year, refusing to come off the bench because he did not start, he can go **** off for all I care. I don't care that he choose to come here, I don't care that he is a good professional all of his other time at Inter, because that is pure bullshit. I hope his contract does not get renewed and he can go f himself.

#3 ·
The Mancini thing really got us in a good mood after the game- but then he ruined it with his retraction and if that had never happened this would have been the MAIN talking point of a miserable post-game.

#4 ·
Yeah it would be the main talking point, but IMO it is not fair to put on a 35 year old after the tie is basically over, 10 men and they got to score 4, he should have been put on earlier. So I blame Mancini for Luigi actiing the way he did

BUT, I don't dislike Mancini I just feel he made a few too many mistakes that a tactician should not be making in such an important tie

#5 ·
Not really blaming him for being a cry-baby against Pool. But he obviously doesn't accept being a squad player and he is too old and his game has deteriorated too much for him to be a starting player. So he's got to go.

Wouldn't be surprised if Moratti manages to give him a new contract though... :wallbang:

Well, I guess I'll have to look at this from a positive angle. There is no way that both Mancini and Figo are here next season... :undecide:

#6 ·
This one is definitely Figo Fault.

If you are not ready to play, you should have informed the coach right from the start...... not pick conditions.

I cant agree with Don Moratti, the poster. You might blame Mancini for anything from Bad Tactics or Bad Person... but Figo has got NO SAY... in this. IF everyone begins chooosing conditions to play in the middle of a match... WTF...

btw, that is a one occurance, I believe he would say something publicly. He is at fault.. but not an Adriano-type of sutuation. Lets see what happens next.

#7 ·
Figo has a history of bad behaviour, and being very unprofessional. I think its already a done deal, he will leave in the summer.

However I like to learn more about the incident. And I hope Figo issues some type of statement himself. And as others have said, the fact that he has not said nothing publicly speaks volumes that he errored on that day.

#8 ·
There is no doubt I don't want to see Figo playing next year for the team, and what he did against Liverpool was wrong, but I still Think highly of the great Luigi Figo!

I think overall he can still be used as a super sub occasionally but I would rather see Jiminez play than him.

After all he has done plus him trying to recrute Quaresma to Inter, I feel like I can not be angry at him

#9 ·
Let's not get the thread in a wrong way. I mean idolize, think of him as an idol and legend for Inter.

Some argued that b/c he came here, and acted so professionally, he should be a legend for this club. Okay, but after events like this, you cannot think like that.

Sure, all players make mistakes. But he won't be a legend anymore in my eyes like he was, he's a great player and a great Inter hero, but all this describes something not so high up.

#10 ·
True, he is not a inter legend, In fact the only legend he is for a club would be sporting

every other club he has played for (barca and real) the club either let him down or he let them down

The only legend we have like that right now are Toldo, Il Capitano, and possibly Matrix and Cordoba

Takes more than just a few years to become a legend

#14 ·
COME ON!!

What happened here? Did all of you become members of some morale comes first association?

"We should not respect so and so player for doing such and such because it´s immoral and we can´t have that."

All idolize Figo! Hail Figo!

He had every right to do what he did. The crook here is Mancini. With 10 men and 0-1 down, suddenly you´re gonna sub in Figo and get four after not trying for the whole game? Get a grip.

#15 ·
that is truly unprofessional...as a footballer, u get paid for what u do...it's not like u play for us for free...i don't care u r figo or a mediocre player...

#16 ·
Okay, I'll just forget all the things Figo has done over the years because of one small incident. I won't idolize him anymore, yawn.

You guys are having a go at his reactions in a heated moment yet need to take into account Mancini's reactions after a heated moment.....he quit the club.

Figo didn't play a single minute against Liverpool, was even supposed to have gotten good time in the first leg, but didn't. Most people were thinking he was going to start the 2nd leg, then he sees Patrick Vieira who hasn't done a thing at this club get great time against Liverpool whilst he was going to be given 10 minutes when the team was 3-0 down and with 10 men......he had a right to tell the coach to go fark himself, but he should've come on. He didn't see the need to come on and I have no doubts he wasn't the only one who would've done what he did.

In all honesty, if I was Figo, I would've told Mancini to stick his substitution up his clacker as well.

#19 ·
Give me a break, what Figo is wrong but to me Mancio is a far bigger dick. And I wish Jiminez did the same too, I wouldn't be surprised if most senior players don't respect Mancini. I also wouldn't be surprised if we do manage to win the title after his stupid childish outburts in front of the media laying about that his decision has got nothing to do with the loss and says the complete opposite a day later.

I don't support Figo's action but I can understand it and to me Mancini is at fault

#20 ·
Remember Figo shouldn't look at the situation like we can look at it. We can look at it objectively, that Mancio was wrong to warm him up and then bring him later, Mancio was wrong to start him so late. But unless there was a flagrant violation of set team or UEFA or Serie A rules, Figo cannot complain, no matter how UNFAIR the situation might be to him.

The facts of the matter are that Figo is a worker, his boss is Mancini. Want to see what would happen if I did that to my boss? I don't care who he is, what his name is, what he did- he's as good as the player sitting next to him, and deserves no more. (except he's definitely more important than Vieira, everyone is)

That's why it pisses me off with this kind of behavior, and the facts are also that this was our most important game. A sub Mancini wanted to make to get us back into the game could not be made, and at the end of the day, we go out of the Champions League. You cannot cite Mancini's shit after the game, b/c that is just wrong on its own merits, but that happened after this incident. And it should not overshadow this at all.

#21 ·
What if your boss is a noob? I would have done the same thing

That's why it pisses me off with this kind of behavior, and the facts are also that this was our most important game. A sub Mancini wanted to make to get us back into the game could not be made, and at the end of the day, we go out of the Champions League. You cannot cite Mancini's shit after the game, b/c that is just wrong on its own merits, but that happened after this incident. And it should not overshadow this at all.
Really? a change in the 80th after already losing the match 3-0 agg and a man send off!! What can Figo change in that situation? Mancini didn't approach this game as if it was our most important game of the CL. He allowed shit like Stankovic and half fit Vieira play. The formation was wrong, even in the first leg, most Inter fans were asking themself why Suazo wasn't introduced and what purpose Stankovic had in that match. Mancini with his infinite wisdom stated he should have played Suazo in that match. And its the same old shit here, you would hear so many crap from Mancini he should have made this and that, man just shut up you made a complete fool out of yourself and the club.

Figo should have started if not atleast introduced early in second half, same with Jiminez. You won't go far with a JZ-Cambi-Vieira-Deki midfield especially in a time you need creativity the most.

Figo is wrong yes but your thread suits Mancini more. Any self-respecting Inter fan should realise what sort of noob Mancini is and we should not forget his antics that easily.

/rant

#23 ·
QPR finalising Bosman deal for Inter Milan's Figo
tribalfootball.com - March 15, 2008

Cashed-up QPR are in advanced talks with Inter Milan star Luis Figo about a move to Loftus Road at the end of the season.

The Mail on Sunday says QPR owners Flavio Briatore and Bernie Ecclestone and steel magnate Lakshmi Mittal believe the 35-year-old former world player of the year can spearhead a return to the Premier League next season under the management of Italian Luigi De Canio.

Talks between Rangers and Figo's representatives have been taking place over the past few weeks and only minor details need to be cleared up before the Portuguese midfielder makes the switch from Inter Milan when his contract expires at the end of the season.
Bwahahahahhaahha :dielaugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.