Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quality striker is now available. Probably one if the best around whatever you think of him or England. Yet not a single mention of interest for him from any team in Serie A. For me this just shows how far down the league has gone. Also why Juve pay 22mE for Higuain or whatever has been said, yet an extra few mil could get them Rooney?

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
Milan don't need him, besides his granny shagging exploits would upstage Berlu, and nobody puts Berlu in a corner.

·
Registered
34,451 Posts
Good riddance Deano. I rather have a 32 year old Zlatan.

Higuain has better goal per game rate. TBF both are mixed bags and i cant really call a big CL game/night where either one scored the key goal or smth in the lines of that, which is what Juve needs.

But fair no more, we get Diamanti instead!

Also Rooney i doubt would feel comfortable in italy, he barely speaks english and i think these sagas go on every summer now. He will probably stay put again. Also his not exactly consistent, one season scores 25, next season 12 etc. He will probably still cost some money and will be overvalued because of the hype and media. Dont get me wrong, Rooney is not a bad player but i would hesitate to even pay 30m for him.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think he will end up in Paris or London.

·
Registered
34,451 Posts
Him going to Chelsea would be such a stab. Does he want premature heart attack for SAF?

Still think Paris might go for Cavani, makes most sense for Zlatan replacement. Or who is Rooney gona replace then?

------------Zlatan/Cavani----------
Rooney----------------------Lavezzi

I could see something like this i guess.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Rooney would be a fantastic signing, for several reasons. First of all, he's a great player who would take our attack and team to a whole new level. Also, he fit's in perfectly in Conte's type of football.

Not that it's going to happen but I'd be ecstatic with this transfer.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
I think he will end up in Paris or London.

Or Bayern Munich most probably.

Like mentioned above, there is now way any Serie A club can accommodate his financial demands.

·
Administrator
52,112 Posts
Rooney is an excellent player, but he earns like 250k pounds per week, without putting performances that justify that I might add, and there is only a handful of teams in the sport who can afford that. Not to mention players tend to get a raise when they move. In nutshell, nowhere near the financial reality of an italian team. Higauin's salary is more reasonable. Plus I still find it unlikely to see Rooney in a non english team, doubt he can assimilate that well.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is he seriously on 250k? Less than that surely

·
Administrator
52,112 Posts
Nah he renewed for that amount last time he wanted to leave.

Skickat från min GT-I9300 via Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Higuain has better goal per game rate. TBF both are mixed bags and i cant really call a big CL game/night where either one scored the key goal or smth in the lines of that, which is what Juve needs.
Rooney scored in CL semis and final - off the top of my head.

·
Registered
45,357 Posts
Rooney to serie A? It would be a huge adv for the league but can't see it happening for the simple reason that it would imply an unimaginable reverse trend. The trend is reducing the wages and not increasing them badly by signing a player like Rooney.

·
Registered
40,294 Posts
if he leaves manutd, i see him more in clubs like RM, PSG, or any of London clubs rather than italian clubs. as some mentioned above, his salary is too high.. and apart from Becks, i doubt any English player would pick serieA or while won't find the same support and promoting by media than in England. him is more suited for the EPL and a bit in la liga than serie A.... Just saying!

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
money talks as usual. if he stays in England surely he wont move across town to Man City...that would be a real kick in the nuts to United, who i wouldnt think would let it happen.

it's not just Rooney though, its every quality striker who has been in transfer rumours...none have been rumoured to Serie A except Higuain. And it's weird because a team like Juve looked very good in the CL except against Bayern where they were outplayed, but so were the likes of Barca. So you would think there would be some interest in joining juve right now who are obviously capable of making it further in the CL with a quality striker in the team.

This financial issue that Serie A just isnt going to get any quality in the league. In saying that Balotelli returned, and he is quality...but cant see a rooney, zlatan, falcao, tevez type joining juve, milan or inter for that matter.

Hence why picking younger talent ready to step up to the next level is the key. And lets face it, the likes of Marotta are not giong to be successful at this.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
They already had Gomez and Olic before Mandzukic but yet went for the latter.
Bayern already made their big transfer for the season with Götze. And Rooney's wages wouldn't fit in theri business model. I can see him end up in PSG as a replacement for Zlatan.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts