Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lack of interest in Nuno Gomes could see the Portuguese international remain at relegated Fiorentina.

The debt-ridden club were set to sell the striker but with no offers tabled for the 25-year-old he admits he could remain.

"At this moment in time there are no negotiations in place and therefore no alternatives to Fiorentina," he said from the Portuguese World Cup training camp.

"There is a chance that I could stay in Tuscany. I still have three years left on my contract even if the prospect of Serie B football doesn’t get me too excited."

The former Benfica man had been linked with a return to his homeland but the Viola’s asking price of around £7m has put off potential buyers.

The technically gifted front-man was also rumoured to be of interest to Tottenham but they seemed to have cooled on the idea after failing to land him on loan towards the end of the last campaign.

Gomes arrived at the Artemio Franchi in the summer of 2000 after his exceptional performances and scoring record for his country at the European Championships in Holland and Belgium.

The forward had a poor campaign in Serie A the last time around. He only netted five goals in a season that saw his club relegated for the third time in their history.

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
Yacoob said:
Should we pay the other teams to come and take him from us?! :rolleyes: :D
Yes.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
The World Cup always generates interest in players. Unless he absolutely disgraces himself and his country, or breaks a leg, there will be interest from other clubs.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Should we pay the other teams to come and take him from us?!
I play indoor soccer with my pals every Friday. If you'll pay us we'll let him play with us!!

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
I say lend him to a Spanish club. Their midfielders are actually somewhat creative and set up goals for their strikers. Really! Not everyone looks out for themselves in Spain. They actually play a free flowing, passing, goal oriented game that works and is entertaining. And apparently it wins tons of trophys in Europe.

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
first they will have to explain to Nuno what the phrase "goal oriented game" means. I don't think he knows.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Humbird said:
first they will have to explain to Nuno what the phrase "goal oriented game" means. I don't think he knows.
Humbird, even if you understood the game I don't think you would understand Nuno's circumstances in Fiorentina.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Yeah, Nuno Gomes was so impressive this season that the interested clubs have made a queue out of Fiorentina's doors. I think that apart from his impressive goal scoring record and all around game, it was his dedication and effort that attracts them.

He better have a good WC. For all interested sides.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
Yeah, Nuno Gomes was so impressive this season that the interested clubs have made a queue out of Fiorentina's doors. I think that apart from his impressive goal scoring record and all around game, it was his dedication and effort that attracts them.

He better have a good WC. For all interested sides.
Nuno Gomes plays great with great players. He simply can not play with garbage.

G

·
I tell ya what; we'll buy Nuno then sell him to Inter for free. After that transfer, Juventus will be the only team in Italy never to have been relegated to Serie B.

It's almost diabolical.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Fee-Go said:
Nuno Gomes plays great with great players. He simply can not play with garbage.
Struggling on the bench of a great team because other great players are chosen in front of you is a very valid excuse for me. But struggling in the pitch in a crap team is proving you're an average player. Chiesa never had any sort of problem in being terrific for Fiorentina. A really good player will shine at any team. Especially in a small team where he is supposed to be the main man.

Unless he is a mental midget who can't take pressure or responsibilities. Which goes to prove my point about Nuno Gomes being average.

·
6,645 Posts
Great words Amoroso.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
That's very nice of you to say in the Fiorentina forum. As if they didn't have their own problems, should the regulars here have to tolerate wankers like you?

Jerk.

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
we don't have to tolerate them.

the delete key strikes again

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
And I find myself telling off an unexistant person. :eek: Editing is better than deleting Humby... ;)

For the record, my post wasnt dirrected to Materazzi.

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
Damn! :(

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
That's very nice of you to say in the Fiorentina forum. As if they didn't have their own problems, should the regulars here have to tolerate wankers like you?

Jerk.
Nuno Gomes' quality could never be realized in Fiorentina without the proper support. A team can not be built around 3 players.

Problem with Fiorentina is money. They dumped all their money on Nuno Gomes and were looking to make other moves to compensate for the sold players. This never came because of the financial bomb that was dropped which prevented managment from doing so. They never replaced the other world class players and just hoped that Fiorentina would win enough games and avoid relegation until they could figure out what to do.

But we quickly learned what a short memory Fiorentina fans have...how childish they reacted to Fiorentina's pending relegation...and how they like to feverishly throw blame around.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.