Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Croatia players told to forget "family pleasures"

ZAGREB, May 16 (Reuters) - Croatia coach Mirko Jozic has told his World Cup players to spend Saturday with their wives and girlfriends and then forget about the "pleasures of family life."

"I know the players will try to relax their body and soul on Saturday but I hope they will not exaggerate in any respect," Jozic told daily newspaper Jutarnji List on Thursday.

"I also expect they will bear in mind what is our priority now."

The 25-man squad, which departs for Japan on Sunday, has been training in a remote resort in the Austrian Alps since May 12, with only journalists allowed to visit.

"We must be focused on work and the World Cup. During the preparations and after (Saturday), we have to renounce many things, including the pleasures of family life," he said.

Croatia, who finished third at the 1998 World Cup in France, are up against Italy, Mexico and Ecuador in Group G and play their first game against Mexico on June 3.
05/16/02 05:48 ET

Copyright 2002 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved

·
Registered
235 Posts
Uhhhggghhh.......

I don't quite understand.....what does Jozic mean by "family pleasures"? Ha, ha.:rolleyes: :tongue: :D :cool: :eek:

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
I can't see how being pent up will help the squad. Maybe they'll be visited by some giesha girls....

hey, a man's gotta relax...

;)

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
To take a phrase from Micky from Rocky and Deniro in "Raging Bull,"

"No sex the day before a fight, it makes your legs wobbley."

But jeeze, with like 5 days in between games, Jozic should lighten up a bit. :D

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Yeah, just because Jozic can't score he shouldn't punish our NT's "tour of the Orient" - if you know what I mean...

·
Registered
983 Posts
Damn i would find that quite difficult to maintain considering their are gonna be so many little japanese/korean pleasuremachines on offer :D:eek:

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
mARZ said:
Damn i would find that quite difficult to maintain considering their are gonna be so many little japanese/korean pleasuremachines on offer :D:eek:
word, word!

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Let them score on the field first,then they can score all they want at hotel/motel rosms,all they want...

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
hear hear

1 - 9 of 9 Posts