Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moggi says once Amoruso returns in July, "the strike force will be taken care of" Plus he says that this summer the team will be reinforced and no big stars who "create problems" after a few months. Oh well, bye bye Crespo..

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Moggi: "I hear everybody talking of big transfer coups that our fans want; well let me just say that the teams who finished fifth and sixth should worry about that, not us. Our aim is to repeat our performance of this season except for the last game of course. The rain killed us."

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Smokescreen.....
Today Gazzetta reports that Umberto Agnelli has contacted Calisto Tanzi (Parma's President) 3 times via the phone since Saturday concerning the availability of Crespo.
Moggi IS a pathological liar when it comes to admitting whether or not Juve is involved with transfer negotiations. The primary reason is that if we don't get anyone big- he can say it was part of our plan. If we do- then it's just a nice surprise to the fans.

Ciao.

M

·
0 Posts
Juve needs more powerful strikers next season. Kova is useful in the penaltybox, but i think they need a player of Crespo´s character, who can create chances on his own.
I also think that Juve should try and play a more attractive game next season, and not go into games trying to win 1-0 all the time. Davids was the only creative player in Juve who played consistently well throughout the season, and I expect more from Zidane and Del Piero.

·
Registered
130 Posts
for me three strikers are enuff...alexx,pippo
and kova are enuff...no need to add another striker....in this way...the three of em will be used excessively and exhaustively and they'll never get bored on the bench... they'll be very happy to play alwayz...for me this is the most correct decision

------------------
Marcello_Lippi

·
Registered
374 Posts
I think the problem with always winning 1-0 comes from the other teams DEFENDING LIKE MAD when they play Juve. Juve always has a problem with this type of game. And then, the other team scores on a fast break!!! Not Good.

I think the scoring, or lack of it, problem is due to a slow build up in the attack. Juve always keep control of the ball, which is a good thing, but in doing so, they let the other teams' defense get dug in tight in their own half. It's hard as hell to score against a "trench" defense.

Glen, I like the "smokescreen" tactics! Although, I don't know if this Crespo thing is really what I'd like to see happen. Sure, he's a great striker, but if Amoruso is coming back I think that all we need to do is tinker with our tactics on the pitch to get better results. I also mentioned in another post that we should check out the youth strikers that we have and see about bringing one of them up for back-up. There's so many options...

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
If we don't piss off Pippo and get Crespo and another top striker like Recoba, we will win nothing next season. Moggi is a fool thinking Amoruso can be as good as Crespo or another top forward. We always do it, always assume players will do good and bang, they don't. We need forwards quick and fast before other teams get them.

------------------
CUG

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Funny, most of the Juventini thinks Moggi is one lying son of a ***** ! While others thinks he's the most powerfull and smartest general manager in Italy. Strange.. :)

S

·
0 Posts
I simply do not understand anyone that feels Juve do not need another quality striker.At the moment we are in desperate need of a new partner for Del Piero up front and it is clearly our inability to put the ball in the back of the net that may well cost us domestic and european honors next season.Iam not suggesting that we create a whole new team like Lazio,however Juve fans surely can not debate that the one weakness we had last season was scoring.Something must be done to solve this problem.Currently it still seems that many Juve supporters are happy with our current strikers,and personally with the exception of Inzaghi I am to.But it is quite clearly time for us to make one vital signing up front.These are examples of some of the players Juve could currently do with
CRESPO,RECOBA,MONTELLA etc.
The three players I mentioned above would all be Ideal assets to the juve squad.I sincerely hope that we continue to pursue Crespo as the combination of him and Del Piero would be simply brilliant,however if this is not to be I do not feel we should give up looking for a replacement for Inzaghi.Inzaghi is simply to eratic and personally the sight of him falling over in the penalty box is making me sick.He wastes to many easy chances which in many cases ends up with Juve losing valuable and needed points.

·
Registered
517 Posts
One name: Juan A. Esnaider

If he don`t get injured again, we can consider him as good as a new signed player.

Maybe he is better then Crespo even tough they can not be compered.

·
Registered
372 Posts
About Esnaider, I read the following on the juventus homepage:

"The Argentinian attacker is married with four boys and he considers his family to be a central part in his life. They have supported him all the way even during the summer training session. "

If you want to, it is easy miss-interpret the first sentence !!! You might wonder about his marriages..... :) :)

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
I think Moggi is good one.Even if he lies.Hey guys!WE didn't lose scudetto because Moggi is bad!We lost because of bad weather and tired legs!I think Juve has 100% chances to win all possible cups next year without Crespo.Certainly Crespo is good player.But we don't need him.We have two playmaker forwards(Del Piero,Esnaider) and 3 finishers(Kova,Amoruso,Inzaghi).So I think if Ancelotti doesn't trust Inzaghi he can replace him with Amoruso who showed nice perfomance for Perugia or with Kova.
<------------------------------------------->
Forza Juve!Forza Italia!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts