Xtratime Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Premier League relaxes laws ^top

The influx of foreign players to the Premiership is set to increase after the Premier League decided to end the limit on non-EU players.
Under the previous rules, only three non-European Union players were allowed to play in Premiership matches in the same side.
However, that limit has now been dropped after the decision was reached at the Premier League's annual meeting in Leicestershire.
Liverpool were one of the leaders behind the campaign to relax the laws, as they have non-EU stars Jerzy Dudek, Stephane Henchoz, Vladimir Smicer, Igor Biscan and Milan Baros all competing for the three available places in The Reds' matchday squad.
The knock-on effect of the decision is likely to be that players from Africa, South America, Asia and Australia will become much more appealing prospects to Premiership clubs.

This is really some interesting news. This could change the look on the entire premiership. We should send scouts to Africa and South America right now!!!

·
THE
14,758 Posts
Well, it's one thing to ease this rule by FA but the other side is what the British government thinks about it. As much as I know they have very strict immigration policy, the player has play at least in 75% of the NT games and all kind of other stuff. I know few of my own country players who has been bought by British clubs, but they never played for them since they were denied the workpermission.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK I thought they would change that too, but since its the government that decides it then probably not. So this change may not be that much of an change anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.