Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a luck for this kid, no more la liga games until he recovers.

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
What else can go wrong.

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
Messi se fue llorando de la cancha por una nueva lesión. Sufrió una rotura del bíceps femoral y aún no se confirmó, pero podría estar un mes parado. En tanto, Barcelona derrotó al Celtic por 1-0, con un gol de Xavi y clasificó a los cuartos de la Liga de Campeones.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Messi se fue llorando de la cancha por una nueva lesión. Sufrió una rotura del bíceps femoral y aún no se confirmó, pero podría estar un mes parado. En tanto, Barcelona derrotó al Celtic por 1-0, con un gol de Xavi y clasificó a los cuartos de la Liga de Campeones.
That could take longer actually. Let's hope not.

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
I hope he's not turning into one of those perpetually injured players.

·
R0naldo
23,405 Posts
what a shame..I do not like this as much as i do not like to see Robben injured..The guy is simply a joy to watch no matter where he plays

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
Un karma que algunos creen que tiene origen en el tratamiento hormonal que recibió de pequeñín para ayudar el crecimiento de sus huesos, lo que habría generado un desequilibrio que lo muestra propenso a las lesiones musculares. No obstante, médicos que lo vieron bien de cerca coinciden en que Messi cuenta con una explosión tal en el inicio del pique que provoca como si fueran cimbronazos en sus fibras. Es decir, una velocidad mayor a la que el motor puede soportar. Cómo combatirlo es el quid de la cuestión y resolverlo, tan importante como la relevancia que su talento tiene en el Barsa y en la Selección de Alfio Basile.

No por nada, éste es su segundo desgarro en tres meses y el tercero en dos años. Curiosamente, aquel primer pinchazo, en la otra gamba, también había sido en la vuelta de octavos de la Champions frente al Chelsea y Leo no volvió en el resto de la temporada 05/06 porque apuró su recuperación. Ahora, se estiman seis semanas de baja y, por ende, entre nueve y diez partidos ausente, incluidos el desquite con el Valencia por semi de Copa del Rey (1-1 la ida) y los cuartos de Champions, con rival a conocerse para el 1° ó 2 y 8 ó 9 de abril.

This article from Ole theorizes that his injury-proneness is due to the hormone therapy he received when he was a child to promote growth. he was abnormally small as a child.

It also says something to the effect that his speed is too much for his muscles to handle. Don't know what that means.

This is his second major injury in 3 months, and his third major injury in the last two years.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
we should keep this thread as "the Messi injury thread"

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
He's stick thin and gets kicked for a living, even if he avoids serious injurys he's still probably looking at years of pain killing injections to keep him playing that style with that body frame unfortunatly.

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
Ole is reporting that Messi wants to go home to Rosario to recuperate, but the club wants him to stay in Spain.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Does he suffer from a medical condition that makes him that vulnerable? are there such medical reports?

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
the only thing I saw was what I posted above. Messi was abnormally small as a child and he was given growth hormone treatment by Barcelona. There are some theories that this could have lead to his being injury prone.

·
Second Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
6,300 Posts
That's one specualation. The other being Leo is consistently trying to outpace his own body (i.e. running faster than his legs could literally carry the rest of him, etc.). You can read more about that in the Barca forum. It's all speculation of course. Then again, that's also what makes Messi, Messi!

·
Second Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
6,300 Posts
Leo is in Argentina

source: http://en.lionelmessi.org/

Lionel Messi has travelled to Argentina to carry out the main part of his recovery from the hamstring injury sustained in a Champions League game against Celtic. The FC Barcelona player, who flew to his home country along with his parents yesterday, is expected to stay there until the end of March.

Lionel will then come back to Barcelona for the final stretch in his recovery process. During his time in Argentina, Messi's recuperation work will be done at the Arroyo Seco training fields -near Rosario- and will be supervised by physiotherapists from the Argentinian Football Association. Leo's return to play is set to take place towards the end of April.

Messi recovery plan agreed

source: www.fcbarcelona.cat

The FC Barcelona medical team have reached an agreement with the physiotherapists and doctors of the Argentinian Football Association (AFA) for the programme of work that Lionel Messi will undergo in the second part of his recovery.

In a meeting between the sets of medics and physios on Wednesday morning, the AFA and Barça agreed to a plan of action for the injured forward. Afterwards, the Blaugrana team issued a statement that said: "”During a meeting on Wednesday morning between the club’s medical services and the AFA physiotherapsits, a plan has been agreed for the work that Lionel Messi will carry out whilst he is in Argentina. The evolution of this femroal bicep in his left leg is positive. The player will travel to his home country in the next few days and wll return at the end of the month for the final phase of his rehabilitation in Barcelona."

Messi has been out of action since pulling up with his injury in the Champions League encounter with Celtic on March 4 in Camp Nou and has been working on his recovery ever since.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
at least he can play the semi final against Roma or ManU. I guess barca won't need him against schalke

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
La Pulga played some minutes in Barca's yesterday game, and he did quite well.
I just hope he stays fit for the next SA qualy round, when we ll face Brazil.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts