Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are 110% sure that we will see a goal in each of the remaining games. Bye bye 0-0 scoreline. No chance of seeing a penalty lottery in the final. No chance of falling asleep in the final:D

Wasn't it a good thing to see a coach playing with 10 players make such offensive substitutions. He didn't try to protect the scoreline he already had by taking out all the strikers and putting in defenders.

This is the best champions league ending, atleast compared to last year. Thank you Lord for making us forget the horrors we saw last year....3 catenaccio teams in the last four. Man, that was horrible.

I can't wait to see a thriller tonight.

Surely you guys feel exactly the way I feel.:D

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
yeah, having depor, porto, chelsea and monaco in teh last four is what everyone wanted to see in the CL:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
calcio100 said:
3 catenaccio teams in the last four.
Ignorant fool.
calcio100 said:
Wasn't it a good thing to see a coach playing with 10 players make such offensive substitutions. He didn't try to protect the scoreline he already had by taking out all the strikers and putting in defenders.
Agreed, but how is that relevant to your 'point'? The premise of this thread should of been to praise Deschamps then, rather than to come to some warped conclusion about Serie A.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I think its a shame Milan arent there, they play beautiful football as do my own Roma.

You may be sure of goals, but no match can live up to the Juve-Real games last year which I enjoyed for drama, tension and class.

Even the Milan derbies were great for all 3 things.

Its a shame Italian teams didnt play with this emotion and motivation again this year.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: No Italian team in top four

!bob said:
Agreed, but how is that relevant to your 'point'? The premise of this thread should of been to praise Deschamps then, rather than to come to some warped conclusion about Serie A.

:rolleyes:
Very relevant. I don't think this sort of thing can happen in Italy. After watching the Italian coach in wc2002 trying desparately to protect a 1-0 lead against Korea.

No one is going to fall asleep in the final. And believe me, people are enjoying these games.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
calcio100 said:
We are 110% sure that we will see a goal in each of the remaining games. Bye bye 0-0 scoreline. No chance of seeing a penalty lottery in the final.
Are you sure? Are you suggesting that in the French, Spanish, English and Portuguese leagues, 0x0 scorelines NEVER happen, and the games are NEVER dull? :wth: Amazing.

calcio100 said:
....3 catenaccio teams in the last four.
Could you please point out ONE club that used the catenaccio in last year's CL? I must have missed it.
:confused:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Not really, I though Monaco-Chelsea yesterday wasnt the greatest game I will see or anything near it. Chelsea were dreadful and that allowed Monaco to win, its one of them did Monaco play so well... or did Chelsea play so bad... a bit of both but more to Chelsea playing badly.

0-0's can be good, people should know this... a 0-0 can be that score for different reasons, 1 being because attackers are crap - or defenders are just too good.

I think defenders were too good, both Milan and Juve played ok in the final last year and created plenty of chances... because there were no goals it means it was crap though.

0-0 can be better than a 3-2 depending on how well the match is played...

Last years tournament was the best I have ever seen and not for biased reasons :) I even enjoyed Real-MU and the matches Italian teams did lose.

Group stages always have the best teams going through I think...

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Deano said:
Group stages always have the best teams going through I think...
I agree. But many people actually like upsets; seeing a "giant favorite" fall entertains them more than seeing the best team winning. :undecide: Which is the reason so many people loved this year's CL.

And of course, this goes beyond domestic rivalries and geographical frontiers; there are people all over the world who loved to see the "Galacticos" bite the dust, just for the joy of seeing "superstars" lose (successful superstars always attract a LOT of antipathy and resentment). Same thing for the other 'favorites'.

Group stages don't offer that possibility, in a group stage with home and away games the best teams naturally rise to the top.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
ricnha ;)

i must say that this season real losing didnt affect me, i didnt even worry about them, to say the truth it was expected.

arsenal losing was a joy to my heart :) seein em gunners fall and to fall to chealsea was amazing (felt bad for Bergi, love that player)

everyone loved that milan got whipped due to cockyness
everyone loved to see real fail caus they dont ahve 1 decent defender
everyone loved to see chealsea beat arsenal after 17 games and see them fall agian in europe.

i guess i wanna say good point :)

calcio,
get a life you douche

·
Administrator
29,829 Posts
Jeez, Calcio ,

We can mock the italians for the final last yearand abuse of the steryotipes, that is one thing. But trying to make it true...Milan scored more than Chelsea and Arsenal and Porto and Lyon in one single game than those in two games.

I do not care about favorites, if they lost and upsets happens (and As it happens we do not need Conspiracy theories, do we? ) it is well deserving. It make interesting for Monaco well organized team, Derchamps shows great capacity there or Porto , with the same organizantion...It is interesting to see Portugal and France challening the top team and leagues.

instead of mocking them is just a good show how balanced the leagues are and how pointless is trying to prove a "superiority" of any of the top countries is pointless. There is no league that domains the world for sure right now.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Given the intended recipient I'm too lazy to work the stats myself, but I encourage looking at the direct clashes between Milan, Roma, Juventus, Inter, Parma and Lazio (the 6 top teams in the standings and in terms of pedigree) this season- look at the number of goals scored, and say that this provide ammunition to the claim that serieA is dull. There's no top league in Europe where more goals have been scored on these occations I think. Having done that- one can look at the stats I did update from the weekend- showing that the same amount of goals are scored in serieA and PL- both having a miniclue edge on La Liga.

I could also point out that Juventus, prior to our Winter destruction, was the team hacing scored the most goals of any team (along with Monaco) in CL.

That said... Monaco and Porto ahve been consistently entertaining and Depor have recently shown the sheer quality of their football. Apart from Chelsea- they've all been showing juicy stuff throughout, and I think it's brill that it's rewarded.

Doesn't change that over the entire season- Arsenal and Milan ahve been the best teams in Europe. Knock out matches are knock out matches, and slip-up's do happen. If Depor played Milan a 100 times at home it wouldn't be a 4-0 again, and Arsenal has had Chelsea's number (and everyone else in the PL) the entire season.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Glen said:
Doesn't change that over the entire season- Arsenal and Milan ahve been the best teams in Europe.
Which Europe are you talking about. In their sorry leagues they have been great but not in europe. You must say the most over-hyped teams in europe this season.

If by Europe you mean Europe, look at this:
Arsenal 0 - 3 Inter Milan
Lokomotiv Moscow 0 - 0 Arsenal
Dynamo Kiev 2 - 1 Arsenal
Arsenal 1 - 0 Dynamo Kiev
Inter Milan 1 - 5 Arsenal
Arsenal 2 - 0 Lokomotiv Moscow
-----
AC Milan 1 - 0 Ajax Amsterdam
Celta Vigo 0 - 0 AC Milan
AC Milan 0 - 1 Club Brugge
Club Brugge 0 - 1 AC Milan
Ajax Amsterdam 0 - 1 AC Milan
AC Milan 1 - 2 Celta Vigo

Celta Vigo 2 - 3 Arsenal
Arsenal 2 - 0 Celta Vigo
Chelsea 1 - 1 Arsenal
Arsenal 1 - 2 Chelsea
----------
Sparta Prague 0 - 0 AC Milan
AC Milan 4 - 1 Sparta Prague
AC Milan 4 - 1 Deportivo La Coruña
Deportivo La Coruña 4 - 0 AC Milan

I can hardly call this clearly the best in europe this season. Overhyped, yes

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
CUG said:
yeah, having depor, porto, chelsea and monaco in teh last four is what everyone wanted to see in the CL:rolleyes:
Sure why not? They deserved to be there and therefore I like watching them.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
No German Teams too..:eek:

Even Italy&German teams are not in this year's UEFA cup Final Four.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Indeed this match can still get a goal in it but it has been dire. Both teams have bottled it basically in this 1st leg, not as if I blame them

Milan 0-0 Inter last year

But watch that match again and it was like a war zone but still with class... blood, sweat and tears were poured into that match.

This match has just been 2 teams passing the ball about all day with no real pressure but no real class too.

Well thats my opinion anyway.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts