Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quite shocking that the best football country in the world won't be going to Olympics in Athens this summer.what a bummer:mad:

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
No shame, just that the coach decided to go with media hype instead of going with the good footballers.
I've been watching Diego for awhile now, and I simply take back everything I said aobut him when he was 17, thanks to the media HE NEVER DEVELOPED AND HE NEVER WILL.

Paulo Almeida, Diego, Maicon, Wendell, Edu Dracena (I missjudged him also), Marcel :yuck:
Robinho, Elano were fairly disappointing also. :groan:

A horrible call up, but still he could make a decent team

Gomes
Maicon-Alex-Rodolfo-Maxwell
Rochemback-Dudu
Paulinho-Daniel Carvalho
Dagoberto-Nilmar

We would have easily qualified...

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Now it's time for the extreme comments.

Brazil could do better, and should've done better, no doubt about it. But to say that players like Diego will never be good, is something very extreme.

The funny thing is, before the competition started, I said that Diego was overrated. He's a very good player and all, but he's not NT material (I mean pro NT) yet like some people say, he's not in the level of Kaká and Ronaldinho Gaúcho, or even Alex. Some of them even put him in the starting eleven for the pro NT....and now, the same people will say that he is crap.

Edu Dracena and Paulo Almeida are other examples of overrated players and they showed this in the competition.

Elano and Robinho didn't perform well (especially Elano, awful tournament) but I know them good enough to say that this was a bad moment for them. They played out of their positions too.

On the other hand, players like Gomes and Rochemback showed that they were underrated.

Dudu Cearense was the surprise for me, better than I thought he was.

We're all disappointed and thinking that Ricardo Gomes is a moron. But it's not like that. Remember the 2002 WC, when Argentina and France couldn't pass the first round. Are players like Ayala, Samuel, Veron, Aimar, Vieira and Henry a bunch os losers? No, this is football. Boca beat Milan...

We can't forget about the mistakes we made. From our GK to the coach, everyone had his bad moments in the competition. But we lacked the luck we had in the WC and that Argentina had now, no doubt about it. We were better than Chile (first game) and Argentina, and we didn't win. Dudu Cearense had a chance inside of the small box tonight and couldn't score, maybe if he did we were all saying that all of our players are champions and heroes.

We can't analyze things looking only to the results.

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
Roberto Gallo said:

The funny thing is, before the competition started, I said that Diego was overrated. He's a very good player and all, but he's not NT material (I mean pro NT) yet like some people say, he's not in the level of Kaká and Ronaldinho Gaúcho, or even Alex. Some of them even put him in the starting eleven....and now, the same people will say that he is crap.
Actually, I've been saying that too, only I'm often way more critical.
Diego can't dribble, faint, pass that well (no, he can't). He doens't have that great of a vision (has anyone seen him do a Zidane type of pass? I haven't), he can't finish well, and because of that, whenever he is touched, he DIVES LIKE A LITTLE GIRL!
I think Carlos Alberto (ex-Flu) is better than Diego. Hell, even Elano is better.
In the selecao, we had Daniel Carvalho, who is not the same type of player, but could've done the job.

What pisses me off is that the press instead of seeing how overrated some of those "stars"

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
what a shame :(

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I think that Diego has a sense of organization that is rare in players at his age, and has good technique. That is the reason that I'd put him in my starting eleven, if we can't count on Kaka.

I don't think that Carlos Alberto is better than him, maybe he's more skilled in dribbles and stuff but as a playmaker, he lacks the ability to dictate (did I just made this word or it really exists) the rythim of the team.

Anyway, if we had Kaká, I'm almost sure we'd go on.

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
Well, I believe that Diego looked special when he was 17. For an 18 year old, he did pretty well.
He is gonna be 19 now and I see no development. He is overrated, he doesn't organize Brazil. He had that role in the Gold Cup, but in the end Kaka had to it.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Today, the Brazilian team was pathethic and I'm personally glad that overrated ballerinas like Robinho won't be in the Olympics (Robinho's ego might become so extremely bloated from participating in the Olympics that he might explode, potentially injuring some less self-involved athletes who stood nearby... and THAT would be a tragedy).

In all the past games in this tournament, this team of gutless slackers always dragged their butts in the 1st half and only decided to play in the second half, and too many times they managed to get results even after their half-assed efforts. I do believe they thought today's match against Paraguay would be a walk in the park. Even when the halftime arrived with a 0x1 scoreboard against us, I believe MANY of these youngsters thought that they could still get the desired result -- if only they ran a bit and gave 45 minutes of sweat, like they did against Chile. Well, the Gods of Football rightfully punished that arrogance. They punished Diego for his excessive diving (he can play superbly – and yes, I HAVE seen Diego delivering amazing through passes, let's not deny their talent just because of this defeat – but diving is becoming a bad habit). Punished Robinho for failing to produce anything from all his stylish feints and flashes. They also punished Dudu Cearense for pushing forward boldly at the expense of his tactical responsibilities (yes, everybody deserves blame, including the fan-favorites), and Fabio Rochemback for his constant indiscipline. :wallbang:

And the media was also punished, for committing the irresponsible blasphemy of comparing Dagoberto to Zico (like the braindead Casagrande did today, Heaven help us) and Robinho to Pelé... :stress:

The team was punished for their arrogance and self-sufficiency. Today's result was 100% fair, and the Olympic tournament will be better for the absence of this bunch of bums. :skull:

(Can you TELL I didn't like the team's performance?)

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,488 Posts
Diego and Robinho = Dumb and Dumber!!!

One hit wonders (one season wonders).

R. Gaucho, Kaka, Alex, and Nilmar are the future of Brazil.

PS. thanks to these heartless, brainless, and arrogant premadonnas...IL FENOMENO RONALDO will not have the opportunity to win a GOLD MEDAL!!!

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
it's too easy to blame santos boys for everything,there are others who were crap as well,I am surprised no one talked about the the WIMP,Ricardo Gomes

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
That's really shocking, I cannot believe Brazil will not go to the Olympic games. :depress: :depress: :wallbang:

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
I don´t think we should go to Athenas even though there was a clear penalty against us in that paraguay game. Also I don´t blame gomes, imagine if he did not call Diego and Robinho and did not qualify? I blame the players!

end3r7 said:
No shame, just that the coach decided to go with media hype instead of going with the good footballers.
I've been watching Diego for awhile now, and I simply take back everything I said aobut him when he was 17, thanks to the media HE NEVER DEVELOPED AND HE NEVER WILL.

Paulo Almeida, Diego, Maicon, Wendell, Edu Dracena (I missjudged him also), Marcel :yuck:
Robinho, Elano were fairly disappointing also. :groan:

A horrible call up, but still he could make a decent team

Gomes
Maicon-Alex-Rodolfo-Maxwell
Rochemback-Dudu
Paulinho-Daniel Carvalho
Dagoberto-Nilmar

We would have easily qualified...
Dagobert and Nilmar easy qualified? Don´t think so, the good good ones were far between. Hell I would even play Marcel instead of Dagoberto.

But you are right about Diego, but probably everyone will jump in and say no, he became a ****ing primadona he is more worried to look good than play, plus he should learn a thing or too about diving before no ref will ever call a foul on him again :yuck:

Good things about this pre olimpico: Dudu, Rochemback, Gomes and Alex. The rest was pretty much the rest, I would even go far in saying Daniel is far from NT yet.

Even though we were robbed of a panalty created by Daniel I still think he just abuses of his dribble way to much sometimes.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Roberto Gallo said:
The funny thing is, before the competition started, I said that Diego was overrated. He's a very good player and all, but he's not NT material (I mean pro NT) yet like some people say, he's not in the level of Kaká and Ronaldinho Gaúcho, or even Alex. Some of them even put him in the starting eleven for the pro NT....and now, the same people will say that he is crap.

Edu Dracena and Paulo Almeida are other examples of overrated players and they showed this in the competition.

So what people can´t change opinions? I never thought he was NT yet, he was maybe a bench option for me. I always said Ronaldinho > Alex > Kaka > Diego, hell even JP that plays in a different position

And about overrate, who ever did that to Paulo Almeida :howler:

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Roberto Gallo said:
I think that Diego has a sense of organization that is rare in players at his age, and has good technique. That is the reason that I'd put him in my starting eleven, if we can't count on Kaka.

I don't think that Carlos Alberto is better than him, maybe he's more skilled in dribbles and stuff but as a playmaker, he lacks the ability to dictate (did I just made this word or it really exists) the rythim of the team.

Anyway, if we had Kaká, I'm almost sure we'd go on.
yeah Diego organized it very well the diving competition :rolleyes: we can count on our fingers the number of good passes he gave. His prime example is receiving the ball doing a 360° like Zinho running a bit waits for defender and then falls.

Real class :star:

·
Administrator
29,699 Posts
I think there is extremes. Changing names would not change anything - The quality of the names are good. Carlos Alberto for example is a player that like any there would add invididual talent but it is also a player that likes a bit too much of style. I do not think he would make the difference in the overall team - at least the way the team plays.
For example, End, Dagoberto-Nilmar. Well, Dagoberto was there and played very badly. In fact the one "but"i have of all list is that both Dagoberto and Nilmar coming from a WC-sub 20 , where out of shape. Nilmar said that himself and Dagoberto- we all know he was coming from a injury. Two risks. As result half of your attack options are risks.
Paulinho had a awful year with Atletico and was a huge surprise to see him there over there. And I know you like Rodolfo (and I do not like Edu who is a player that was protect by Luxemburgo when he did what he did with Alex Alves and seem to not learn) but the central defense was not our problem. I would prefer Rodolfo or anyother because Edu-Alex are a tall and slow duo. Just one of them with a more lighter player would be better in my opinion.
Ricardo Gomes was not that much to blame for. He actually showed some tatical capacity, he changes the team well, something for example Parreira's lack. But he failed to lead over the stars.
Robinho is a player trying to do more for the team than anything but again I like to point out that we are using a team of players who are down in the physical shape stage. This may help to explain some of irregularity.
Some because it is obvious. I said before. Real Madrid players have experience to use their names to control a game. Even in a bad day, they do their part to keep the adversary under some control. So, they can walk in park. This team did not. But they have tryied to walk in the park as well. And no one could change it. Branco, Gomes. Arrogance is downfall and downfall is a good lecture.
Changing the names - names with similar quality - is not the solution. Blaming Gomes but for his lack of skill wiht leading with self-suficient egos is not. Telling the players: "Bonito, hein!" works.

(The good thing, people of media will stop to say that putting them instead of the World Champions would be enough for the qualify. The bad side is that it may stop the pace of the changes that would naturally happen)

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Well..

the chile game i dint even see. The games yesterday i saw in parts and we really don't deserve to go to the olympics with these spoiled prima donnas that can't even run in teh pitch.

Robinho is the biggest hype ever seen by any footballer EVER. It was good that he never got the ISO-9001 certificate... cause he is false. Let's start a campaign to prosecute Santos because of all the false propaganda..... let's lock up Vila Belmiro:yuck:

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Too bad Brazil didn't qualify for the Olympics...I really was looking forward to them playing...

As regards Robinho I'm not really surprised...I watched him in the Gold cup & was not impressed at all,he is still young though & he may yet prove us wrong afterall the talent is their...Diego though has something,he may be a prima-donna with his arrogance & falling the moment he is touched but he will someday be the man...

With Ronaldinho,Kaka & Ronaldo I get the impression it really doesn't matter what the rest of the squad looks like or which tournament it fails to qualify for ...Brazil will be the team to beat in the games that matter for a very long time...

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Well
I´m still in chock and don´t know what to say.
Sure it was a rough time throuout this tournament
but I thought we would make it in the end.
I´m in big grief over this,
a big opportunity to gain experience
for the new generation is gone.
And the importance of that.....
is so big,sooooooooo big
I cant even grasp it
and it gives me so much grief.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Dribble&Trix said:
I´m in big grief over this,
a big opportunity to gain experience
for the new generation is gone.
Well... actually defeat can be a very educational experience, IF the player is capable of looking at what he did wrong. Brazil's squad in the '93 Qualifiers only managed to "gel" into a team after losing to Bolivia, and I firmly believe that the historical defeat to Bolivia was key to our triumph in 1994. The long suffering in the 2001 Qualifiers also taught humility to our team: all the players understood that they had to fight for every ball if they wanted to win anything, otherwise they would fail... France and Argentina had to learn that SAME lesson during the 2002 WC itself, and it cost them dearly. Big defeats (like yesterday's flop) can be a very, very important lesson for a young player, if that player has a good head on his shoulders.

Players who prefer to blame the referee or other external factors for their teams' failures have not learned anything, and are bound to repeat their mistakes. Players who respond to criticism with football clichés like "the whole team lost even though we gave our best" haven't learned zippo either. For example... in today's interviews to Brazilian TV (given before they flew back home), Robinho looked more annoyed by the reporters' harsh criticism than by the team's bad result; he didn't give me the impression of actually having learned anything. Our keeper Gomes on the other hand had the puffy eyes of someone who didn't sleep all night and looked sincerely devastated, humbled by the team's historical failure. Gomes seems to have grasped the significance of this defeat... and he'll be a more concentrated player after this disappointment. ;)

So, really... the only thing that is lost beyond salvation for us is the chance to win the Gold Medal in 2004. As far as experience goes... this defeat may actually help some of these kids grow. ;) Those who are unable to grow are hopeless and don't deserve our sympathy. :devil:

1 - 20 of 68 Posts