Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously, Brazil has no attack from the right side, only Cafu. And lately he has been a bum (when he actually plays).

The whole Brazil attack is built around lefty Rivaldo. Usually there's a right-footed midfielder also, like Vampeta or Cesar Sampaio or Emerson, but they provide no offense, only defense. (Well, Vampeta provides some offense, but Luxemburgo does not use him well.) The other two midfielders are almost always lefties, like Ze Roberto or Alex. Then the rest of the attack is Roberto Carlos.

There's not one right foot in the whole attack, which severely limits the chances to make a goal. If you watch the games, you see the ball in the defense, it goes to rob carlos, then rivaldo, the ze roberto. ze roberto, because he can only use his right foot to stand up and for nothing else, dribbles in circles so he can keep the ball on his left. then he loses the ball and the other team scores on a breakaway. it happens every game.

how about bringing ronaldinho gaucho back into the midfield from the front? midfield is his natural position, but lux never uses him there. he uses him up front all the time because he has a good nose for the goal and scores on ALL his chances.

but if lux is not going to give more chances to wonderful players like Juninho (either one) or Marcelinho, he needs to use ronaldinho gaucho in midfield, not up front.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
hmmm.....Ze Roberto is left footed hmmmm...and you said he would be useful in INTER? Where?

As for the right sided attack with my limited knowledge of Brazilian football i say that the right footed Marcelinho is the answer.

Of course he will be reluctant to play on the right wing but he shoould be honoured to play for Brazil again after his attitude originally.

Angel Foot is the answer and everyone knows it......even Pele....if he can remember Angel Foot's real name haha.

did anyone see Pele's interview on RAI after Holland played Italy at the Euro Championships.

Here is what pele said in a nut shell.

1st quote
Jean Piero had a great game he is an excellent player.....Obviously he meant Del Piero and Del Piero was a lump of faeces in that game to put it mildly.
2nd quote
RAI reporter...."you mean Canavarro"

Yes Canavarro he was superb
pele is truly a hilarious character.

Anyway.....Marcelinho is the best right side in Brazil right now.....mabye in a few years Ronaldinho can take over.

[Edited by ilTAZZ on 21-07-2000 at 02:27]

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Tazz,
I doubt Ronadinho will do for one club (any of the world) what Marcelinho has done for Corithians:)
a Pele quote in the 94 WC

" Mauro Santos and Marcio Silva are not understanding themselves"

and one of the BEST Romario quotes EVER

" God blessed Pele's feet so he could shut up his mouth"!:)

I love ROMARIO...o baixinho marrento :) Carioca da GEMA, cumpadi!:)

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
hahaaha Marcio Silva

but now you talk about Marcio Santos really....what has become of him i haven't heard a thing about him since he was dropped on the even of the 98 W.C. He was a pretty decent defender how old is he now?

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
the "great" Carpegianni put him out of Sao Paulo last year, and hten he went to santos...were he heats up the bench for a while, and then gets back on the team.......lost his football after WC 94 :(
Probably lack of motivation!

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Falcao,
in 93 whgen romario was banned from the national team by Zagallo and Parreira, and hten got called back to play the decisive game agaisnt Uruguay, a journalist asked if it bothered that his teamates hated him...Romario said:

" My team mates don't hate me, cause at the end of the day they know who they can rely on to get the bonuses for a win"

Then 2 days later he scored 2 goals, on the best game i've seen a player plar... my list includes Maradona and Zico. The guy was simply phenomenal :)
and 8 months later he won the WC for us:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts