Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Go for 400, Raúl!
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Levante affair is still unresolved and the players have announced they won't play next weekend against Real Madrid.
It seems that the season is definetly over for us, with a record of points included...

·
Registered
628 Posts
You sure? All their matches arent simply "removed" from this season ?

·
Go for 400, Raúl!
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You sure? All their matches arent simply "removed" from this season ?
The players have communicated it officially and it's already on all newspapers.

Their previous matches won't be affected because this will be their first forfait, so we will be given the three points and a 3-0 win, and the club will be fined. The relegation and the complete removal of all their results would have followed their second absence.
Since the result of the match will have no influence for anyone, they have decided to harden their protest now

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
You beat me to it Gwydno. It really seems like they won't play at all.

Sad situation for them. I don't care much about their club, but I feel sympathy with the players as human beings who need to provide for their families.

The game will count as a forfeit and not an omit.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
You beat me to it Gwydno. It really seems like they won't play at all.

Sad situation for them. I don't care much about their club, but I feel sympathy with the players as human beings who need to provide for their families.

The game will count as a forfeit and not an omit.
agree what a horrible situation

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
those bastars should have their football licence revoke for life, no simpathy for me.

Play bunch of faggots, bet none of those pussies have has a hard day of work in their lives.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
those bastars should have their football licence revoke for life, no simpathy for me.

Play bunch of faggots, bet none of those pussies have has a hard day of work in their lives.
Would you be working for your company if they hadn't paid a cent to you in the last year and a half?

Levante do not fall in the rich part of football. Some players got their mortgages unpaid and they had to sell their patrimony to live during all this time.

I wouldn't call faggots the ones who live under this conditions. Quite the opposite.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
good for them. as ive said many times it's a travesty that a team in la liga has players who dont get paid their wages. the RFEF and the LFP should be ashamed of themselves.

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
would be a sad final matchday for us and for Levante. Although I understand their players.

·
Go for 400, Raúl!
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

In fact their behaviour has been an example to follow along the last months. This is professional football. They play for money. Do you think all of them are Levante fans from the craddle?

The worst part of this is that this will be resolved in spanish style, which means that the local authorities will pay the debt (or give an ultrasoft loan to the club, which means more or less the same). In the end, the citizens of valencia, no matter they like football or not, or if they have something better to do with their money, will finance a bunch of corrupt guys that have used football for their own dirty purposes

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
Levante players went into training today, walked around the pitch then left. they said that theyre not obligated to stay :)

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
How can a club like this even exist in the first place? Don't they know they don't have the money even before the season starts? It's unnaceptable.

The worst part of this is that this will be resolved in spanish style, which means that the local authorities will pay the debt (or give an ultrasoft loan to the club, which means more or less the same). In the end, the citizens of valencia, no matter they like football or not, or if they have something better to do with their money, will finance a bunch of corrupt guys that have used football for their own dirty purposes
But really, who else is capable of paying the debt? I just wish that after all of it, if the owners don't pay the debt back then something drastic happens to them.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
None of this is a surprise to me.

The Portuguese league has tons of teams not paying players and getting in trouble. Boavista have been relegated due to not paying players since Christmas. There are 16 clubs in total in Portugal who are in dire straits financially.

Levante's actually in good shape compared to alot of them. I still feel bad and no employee should have to work without getting paid, but this is not a rare circumstance.

·
20,440 Posts

·
Go for 400, Raúl!
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How can a club like this even exist in the first place? Don't they know they don't have the money even before the season starts? It's unnaceptable.

But really, who else is capable of paying the debt? I just wish that after all of it, if the owners don't pay the debt back then something drastic happens to them.

Levante is, to a certain extent, similar to Torino. Both are the minor club in their towns, but they both have a huge fan base. In theory, there is enough social support to keeop this club alive. The problem has been an awful, and probably criminal, management.

I don't know if the debt will be payed and by whom. but one thuing I know for sure is that citizens' money can be used in much a better way than rescueing a football club from bankruptcy

·
Registered
11,267 Posts

·
20,440 Posts
hehe yeah. in the article they write that there are rumors about Liverpool & Tottenham

1 - 20 of 112 Posts