Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These two clubs are in great danger of not receiving their NLA license for next season:

FC Sion
Boss Gilbert Kadji refuses to pay Sion's debts until the city is willing to decline asking for the stadium rent and several taxes.

Lausanne
All players are on the transfer market because Lausanne needs to get 3 mio. until Tuesday. "We have little hope for the A-license" says club president Bernard Jaton.

Should one of them get relegated to the NLB, FC Aarau would take the spot and once again remain miraculously in the top division...

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Thanks for filling us in on the situation :happy:

So what did the other clubs that were previously in danger do to ensure they got a licence on reapplying??

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
What a shame. I mean, Lausanne are boring, but have potential. And Sion - my fav Romand club...:(

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can throw FC Lugano into the mix. The League has given Lugano an ultimatum until Friday to prove the necessary financial backing for next season. Lugano says that it has Italian clubs ready to present as investors (most likely a Milan or Turin club.).

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Now that would throw a spanner in the works if Lugano would not get a license, especially as far as european qualification was concerned.

If this were to happen then would Young Boys take Lugano's place in europe or would Lugano somehow keep their spot in europe (but would obviously have to play with an amateur team)?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Lugano goes to NLB!! A 4 million CHF credit was denied by the canton Ticino

Aarau profits and comes back to NLA after 24 days in NLB:)

What a crazy league

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
No its not that crazy Jabalito, and if Lugano are a financial risk then its best to deal with them early before they embarass the top league and go bankrupt.

Nice is a good case where this also happened. Got promoted to the La Championnat but because of their finances they got relegated back to the third division! :eekani:.

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Or our 3 times in a row champion Tirol...on the brink of moving into third league...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Andreas said:
...its best to deal with them early before they embarass the top league and go bankrupt.
I'm afraid they will embarass the league no matter what. Lugano will still participate in the Uefa Cup despite being relegated to the NLB. The team is about to break apart as all players are free to leave the club. I don't imagine many of them will stick around. That gives Lugano until the middle of August to form a new team (that is when Uefa Cup qualifying starts.) This situation hurts double, because Lugano will fail to produce many points for the Swiss League in the Uefa league ranking. A good international year is necessary to steal that second CL spot from the Austrians.

As for the existence of the club, Lugano will exist for at least one more season. If the financial problems are not solved by then, we can all start a "tribute to Lugano" thread...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SwissGCZ said:

Really? I didn't hear about that. Could you elaborate on that?
Well, no need to answer that anymore. What has happened with FC Tirol is truly sad. I hope they can still change the ruling in the next few days...

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Sorry, SGCZ...:)

The decision on Tirol is more than justified, even if it's sad and bad for Austrian football.
18 Million Euros debths, no concept, manager and president criminals...the team collapses and has to start in the "Regionalliga".
A blow to the league, but Tirol didn't react for three years. Now it's too late.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts