Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Belarus on Friday in de Kuip

France on Monday in the Amsterdam ArenA

Would be a blow if Holland weren´t to take all three points against Belarus. Should have won against Sweden, but failed to do so. This game however is a must win one.

No one will expect anything from the game against the French. Everyone will expect our weaknesses to be exposed. Last time against France, it was our LB position with Blind being outpaced a few times and in general our midfield was simply overpowered.

Strootman is however back though, and de Vrij has apparently done well this season. Wonder if a team can be formed which won´t lose by two goals.

Surprised to see Memphis Depay in the squad btw. Lens would have a shout after his performance against Feyenoord. We know he´s no world beater, but he right now is better than Depay.

Siem de Jong and Clasie I guess are in the squad because the alternatives would have been Vilhena, Ramselaar or benchwarmer Bazoer. Blind has them in the squad as he rates them higher and he´s probably hoping that Siem and Clasie will be starters at their clubs come November or March. Clasie at least has the Europa League and domestic cups where he starts though. Siem will need some more time.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
4-1 against Belarus. Solid win.

Defensively not always convincing but attacking wise it looked great at times.
Karsdorp did well at RB, Promes finally scoring (twice) and Janssen with a world class finish.

I really hope we can surprise France because a win would mean very good business in this group.

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Really don't see what people see in Bruma. Only reason he looked 'good' in the Eredivisie is because he was a strong guy in a kids' league. On a higher level he continually shows he's not cut out for it.

·
A i nogomet
1,360 Posts
De Vrij and Kongolo are both superior defenders to Bruma. Blind should be play next to Strootman as defending midfielder with Willems in his place. Klaassen is not good enough. Depay is a muppet. Karsdorp has cemented his plac in the starting 11. Van Dijk playing well too.

Old man Blind out.

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Can't disagree with any of that. :D :thumbsup:

Holland need at least a point here. I actually think it's possible.

·
A i nogomet
1,360 Posts
It should be possible, even with this half-finished team. Of course, if Depay for instance keeps on doing hopeless things like that free kick just now, it ain't gonna happen. Of course, having a clown like Steek on goal won't help.

·
A i nogomet
1,360 Posts
Blind out.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Disappointing loss. France was better but still I think we deserved at least a draw. Obvious penalty not given and Memphis should have buried that chance. Have to say I was very impressed with Karsdorp yet again. He really has earned that RB position. Now we have to keep our heads cool and win the other games and hope that France slips up again like they did vs Belarus.

·
Registered
59,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Karsdorp :proud:

Outrage that de Vrij isn't being played.

Disappointing to lose last night. Was against a very good French side and they had more of the possession in the first half, but Oranje's organization actually wasn't too bad.

Very good win for Sweden against Bulgaria. 3-0

1 - 9 of 9 Posts