Xtratime Community banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Yeah from distance. That bails him out. Other than that, he's nothing special nowadays.

1-2 now. Vela looking nippy today and we're on our way to our next defeat.
Yep, that's what I try to tell the guys in the Galatsaray section but they're believers. I hope Juventus or any other team is stupid enough to buy him in the winter.

So many dynamic young players like Wijnaldum and Klaassen who could replace him in the NT

·
Registered
58,960 Posts
Injured????? :scared::scared::scared:
Calf strain maybe

Hilariously bad crossing from Promes' left foot. Can Robben and him be switched?

·
Registered
58,960 Posts
Yep, that's what I try to tell the guys in the Galatsaray section but they're believers. I hope Juventus or any other team is stupid enough to buy him in the winter.

So many dynamic young players like Wijnaldum and Klaassen who could replace him in the NT
Qatar :hopeful:

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
Hiddink is blaming the defence for making errors yet he plays 2 midfielders that are incapable of defending in Sneijder and Afellay (who has played as a winger for the past 4 seasons) and 3 non-defenders in van Rhijn, Veltman (who should be nowhere near the NT) and Willems - what do you expect? Any decent side will at least put a couple of goals past you with those tactics!

They will probably beat Latvia (just!) but Hiddink should be fired solely on his performances/team selection thus far :palm:

He's got everything LvG did with the squad and reversed it :howler: Guus just plays as many attackers as possible and the most unathletic of players where as LvG's side was built around being resolute defensively and physically strong

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
They have different qualities but they are the best 2 atm

I think Cillessen reads the game better and has better kicking/distribution but Krul is a better shot-stopper and catcher of crosses.

Depends what you are going for really. Cillessen is much more of a 'modern day' goalkeeper (Spanish Style) where as Krul is a traditional one (English Style)

·
Registered
40,564 Posts
Watched this game..

Hiddink is blaming the defence for making errors yet he plays 2 midfielders that are incapable of defending in Sneijder and Afellay (who has played as a winger for the past 4 seasons) and 3 non-defenders in van Rhijn, Veltman (who should be nowhere near the NT) and Willems - what do you expect? Any decent side will at least put a couple of goals past you with those tactics!

They will probably beat Latvia (just!) but Hiddink should be fired solely on his performances/team selection thus far :palm:

He's got everything LvG did with the squad and reversed it :howler: Guus just plays as many attackers as possible and the most unathletic of players where as LvG's side was built around being resolute defensively and physically strong
:thmbup:

And I agree with WR. Whenever they zoom in on Hiddink, he even looks like a senile old man who doesn't know where the f*ck he is.

This Holland last night was probably one of the worst I have ever seen.

Some things that are wrong:

- Veltman, built like a 7 year old girl. Only in Holland does this guy become a central defender :googly:
- Huntelaar, here you go, everyone wants him to play! But even when he got service, he wasn't even nearly fast enough to surprise the Mexicans. Yes RVP has become somewhat of a cancer, but even if he loses one leg and 2 eyes, he'll always remain Maradona compared to this clown. And besides, if you play Huntelaar, you play 2 proper wingers, one left footed one on the left and you get it. ;)
- Afellay and Sneijder as WR touched upon. When you field one player who doesn't track back these days, it creates a huge problem. But when you play 2, down the middle no less :howler:
- Willems, if football was like hockey and you could constantly swap players, he'd be good as an attacking fb, but now, I doubt I'd personally ever play him against a really good side.

Anyway, Aadje was about to make a point, but SBS didn't let him finish. Last night you saw a bunch of short Mexicans beating Holland in every physical battle. Whereas the Dutch kept falling after every contact, the Mexicans tried to stay on their feet and play on. Another point WR made, it was a pussy bwoy team out there last night, indeed the opposite of what Van Gaal built.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Me and Krle agreeing - you know things are going bad :err: :D

My line-up was just under current circumstances btw so i got rid of it

If everyone is available and taking class over current form then i would go with:

Cillessen/Krul

vd Wiel - Vlaar - de Vrij - BMI

de Jong

Maher - Strootman

Robben - RvP - Memphis​

Guys like Clasie, Blind, Klaassen and Wijnaldum would be pushing for a spot in midfield as well.

I would keep Afellay as a back-up LW. The other winger is a bit of a problem atm. Promes?

Luuk is the best striker apart from RvP and Huntelaar.

In defence i think there are still some guys who can prove themselves but maybe it's a bit too premature atm - van Dijk, Rekik and Kongolo.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
What I find the most alarming....more than his wrong line-ups /tactics/choice of players: he looks totally helpless! After the goals no fire, no emotions. He should not work as a coach any more, he´s too old now. And he doesn´t have the power to deal with this situation at the moment.
4 losses from 5 games, as a club coach you get your papers then....

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Rekik now called up to replace the injured Vlaar

I honestly don't know how Hiddink does his team selection

Van Dijk was in the pre-selection but then when BMI dropped out Bruma was his replacement although Rekik has been better than Bruma this season. Eh? :shakepalm:

·
Registered
58,960 Posts
Agree with what has been said
- Veltman, built like a 7 year old girl. Only in Holland does this guy become a central defender :googly:
- Huntelaar, here you go, everyone wants him to play! But even when he got service, he wasn't even nearly fast enough to surprise the Mexicans. Yes RVP has become somewhat of a cancer, but even if he loses one leg and 2 eyes, he'll always remain Maradona compared to this clown. And besides, if you play Huntelaar, you play 2 proper wingers, one left footed one on the left and you get it. ;)
Veltman ought to have gym sessions with Colin.
Usually it's defenders bullying attackers. With Veltman, it's the other way around.

Huntelaar didn't have his night. Lost all headers when he got a chance to go for an aerial ball. Great.

When Strootman is back, he'd obviously go straight back into the team. If he's still unfit, then I'd stick with Wijnaldum. Yes, he's not the world's best. Can be headless going forward, but he at least has legs as he proved in the world cup. Klassen has legs too. We need at least one player starting who has legs. I don't count Blind in that category.

Having Afellay and Sneijder start was :doh:
I'd like to hope that it was like Van Gaal's experiment to start both Sneijder and VDV in his first friendly against Belgium, which was more or less used to prove that Van de Vaart's time was up.

Clasie has been good for Feyenoord this season, but if you look at the last game against Vitesse, you'd notice that he was very good in the first half, but less present in the second and it was the same against Rijeka.
He's having a better season than last season, but to be international class, then he needs to still up his stamina.

41 - 60 of 90 Posts