Registered
58,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Smoked

Amazing world cup :proud:

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
That was a sweet match to watch. Third place with a 3-0 win over Brazil in Brasilia. Who'd have thought that Brazil would go 1-10 in the final two matches on home soil? And the Dutch finish only one place lower than 2010, with a squad that was seen as being far inferior.

Only down side is that Clasie was taken off on a stretcher in the 89th minute.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
But in that interview afterwards Robben sounded as if he´s more disappointed about not having played the final than happy about this.

·
Registered
58,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
:howler: :howler:

Top class interview just given by Van Persie

Basically told Pi-Air to **** off. Said he was bitter , held a grudge against him (well yeah, pi-air was the one to chase him out of Feyenoord) and told him to go play golf with his family as no one was waiting to hear him commentate on Holland. Van Persie also said that his goal celebration was dedicated to those gossiping about him (his apparent fall-out with Robben)

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Top class interview just given by Van Persie

Basically told Pi-Air to **** off. Said he was bitter , held a grudge against him (well yeah, pi-air was the one to chase him out of Feyenoord) and told him to go play golf with his family as no one was waiting to hear him commentate on Holland. Van Persie also said that his goal celebration was dedicated to those gossiping about him (his apparent fall-out with Robben)

:thumbsup:

·
FINOALLAFINE
9,248 Posts
Haha very good

On subject of fallings out ive only just seen this!...
?v=qpYDLZYoles

·
Registered
58,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
It really was such a comfortable win that we even saw Wijnaldum get out of his cage in the second half.

My tournament marks btw:

Cillessen 7

Janmaat 6+ didn't really do his value any good :(

Vlaar 9 what a boss :proud: Should definitely be in a world cup all-stars XI

De Vrij 7 Solid, passing was good too. Accomplished. If his confidence stays high, then Lazio or whoever will enjoy having him

Bruno 6+ Bit clumsy at times, but the 8m euro move to Porto is apparently already agreed

Blind 6,5 Bit of hot and cold. Great crosses against Spain, not so good against Mexico and alright in the others. Wonder if he'll make a move this summer.

Verhaegh 5 good against Ronaldo in a friendly. Forgot how to mark against Mexico

Nigel de Jong 7 hard when needed without going over the top

Wijnaldum 6 For a player who likes to go forward, you got to admire his tactical discipline. Finally saw him move forward against Brazil

De Guzman 5,5 Disappointing world cup. He plays in a more forward role at Swansea. Always a risk for a card when playing in a holding role though.

Sneijder 6,5 tattoo smurf had better games against Costa Rica and Mexico after a quiet start

Robben 8,5 Fine world cup

Van Persie 6,5 In and out. For his high standards, you'd expect more

---

Lens 5 Fairly unmemorable appearance off the bench for him

Fer 6 He got his goal! and might now be remembered by higher league sides

Clasie 6,5 Alright in his cameo appearances towards the end of the cup

Veltman don't remember anything

Kongolo - 2 minutes

Krul - penalty killer of course

·
Registered
40,564 Posts
Thought was RVP did was completely unnecessary. I hate Van Hooijdonk as well and always have since he and bange Bert drove RVP away, but at some points in life you have to be the bigger man and let it go.

You just finished third, scored your 4th goal (which at least looks nice on paper in 6 games) and you're at the end of an exhausting 2 month project. No need to let Pierre know he got to you.

Back to the game, MOTM Stefan de Vrij. I must admit the first half of the season I started doubting whether he was really as good as I once thought, but we have our answer now. This is a developed version of the Stefan we saw in his first season at the Kuip. The calm, composed kid, who rightfully earned the tag 'Dutch Nesta'. :proud:

BMI solid, nice to see Janmaat get an assist as well, even if I feel he's rushing things in this tournament and has not played up to his potential IMO. Clasie, I talked about in the other thread, really a missing link in many games. Allows a side to play forward in a good tempo, also surprised me a couple of times in physical one on one's.

Anyway, final conclusion, it was a proud day for Willem Janssen and the Feyenoord youth academy. Just yesterday we had an array of youth products out there. Here's the list for all the fans. :strong:

De Vrij
Bruno Martins Indi
Clasie
Wijnaldum
De Guzman
Van Persie
Janmaat

And of course Vlaar and Kuijt have a proud Feyenoord history as well.

·
Registered
58,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
It was hilarious though getting to hear Van Persie launch a complete onslaught on Pi-Air at 1am our time. First time something of note was said during a Jack van Gelder interview!

you forgot Kongolo :mad:

·
Registered
40,564 Posts
Yeah I was shocked too, but I got a uneasy feeling looking at it. Hope this doesn't tarnish his rep too much.

And I only listed Feyenoord youth academy products involved yesterday, otherwise we could add Lerra F as well. :proud:

·
Registered
40,564 Posts
Oh and btw I forgot to give one man the credit he deserves, you know it, Ron Beton! :strong:

I've always called him a poor man's Vidic, but during this tournament he looked as good as the real one in his prime. Fantastic to see Vlaar improve so much and hopefully he continues it at his (new?) club. To think his career looked down and out after those 2 heavy injuries and just look at him now. :worship:

·
FINOALLAFINE
9,248 Posts
It was hilarious though getting to hear Van Persie launch a complete onslaught on Pi-Air at 1am our time. First time something of note was said during a Jack van Gelder interview!

you forgot Kongolo :mad:
This the interview?
?v=djYssNtyCho

So what was van hoojdonk saying? Just critisising rvp's captaincy?

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
So what was van hoojdonk saying? Just critisising rvp's captaincy?
For us non-Dutch speakers.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/van-hooijdonk-reopens-feud-arsenals-van-persie-199006#.U8JznfmaRB0

Pierre van Hooijdonk has reignited his feud with former Feyenoord teammate Robin van Persie.

The pair didn't see eye-to-eye when they were together in Holland and ex-Nottingham Forest star Van Hooijdonk told Sportweek of the Arsenal man: "I think Van Persie a brilliant footballer, but as a person, he is still not really stable.

"This impression hasn't changed for me."

"I think that it is striking, that after all those years at Arsenal he still has a problem."

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Van Persie's response:

http://www.goal.com/en-gh/news/4400/world-cup-2014/2014/07/13/4955370/stick-to-playing-golf-van-persie-tells-van-hooijdonk

The Manchester United striker has hit back at criticism from the former Oranje player over his commitment to the national team and says now is no time for arguments

Robin van Persie has told former Netherlands striker Pierre van Hooijdonk to "stick to playing golf" instead of criticising his performances for the national team.

Van Persie was on target from the penalty spot with his 47th international goal as Louis van Gaal's side beat Brazil 3-0 in the World Cup's third-place play-off on Saturday, but the Manchester United striker was upset about criticism from Van Hooijdonk in Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad on the day of the game.

The former striker wrote in a column on Saturday that the Manchester United star should be dropped from the team for a lack of commitment and current Netherlands captain took his chance to hit back.

"Van Hooijdonk needs to stop," he told NOS, the TV station Van Hooijdonk currently works for as a pundit. "He should stick to playing golf or do something else.

"Everybody is proud of the team, but he creates panic without arguments. I gave everything and I don't understand why Van Hooijdonk does this and gets a platform like this.

"I can take criticism, but only when its fair. It's not coming from a good heart. Maybe he's angry with me, you should ask him."

Van Hooijdonk scored 14 goals in 46 appearances for Netherlands, but the former Celtic and Benfica striker has endured a rocky relationship with Van Persie after criticising his former international team-mate in the past.

"This shows that he has bad feelings about me, instead of other way around," the 44-year-old said of Van Persie's reaction on the same station later on. "It's my job to be critical on the things that I see."

21 - 40 of 44 Posts