Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
N'Kufo to stay at Twente

Blaise N'Kufo tekent voor drie jaar bij

FC Twente en Blaise N'Kufo zijn tot overeenstemming gekomen over een nieuwe verbintenis. De andere huurling Adil Ramzi staat voor een terugkeer naar PSV.
N'Kufo (28) en FC Twente zaten aanvankelijk ver uit elkaar. Maar de onderhandelingen hebben toch tot een akkoord geleid. De Zwitserse spits, die door een spierblessure aan de kant staat, tekent voor drie jaar bij de Enschedese club. 'We zijn hier erg tevreden mee. Blaise is een fantastische speler voor ons en ik hoop dat hij de komende jaren nog veel voor FC Twente zal scoren', aldus technisch directeur Johan Plageman.

FC Twente huurt dit seizoen N'Kufo van Hannover 96. In de huurovereenkomst was een optie tot koop opgenomen. Voor 700.000 euro kon de Enschede club de overgang definitief maken, hetgeen nu dus is gebeurd. Er zit nog een addertje onder gras, want de afkoopsom kan nog oplopen. In het geval dat FC Twente dit seizoen als zesde afsluit wordt de transfersom verhoogd tot 750.000 euro.
Been confirmed. :) Twente have paid the 700.000 or so euros to Hannover and the big man has agreed terms with the club! beating off interest from clubs including Manchester City.

Very good signing course for Twente and I was actually hoping that Feyenoord might look into him cos the fee is pretty low (as a sort of stormram since our 3 strikers are kinda small btw) l. Would you think that he'd have suceeded at a top 3 club since he has destroyed our and Ajaxs defence this season or do you think that N'Kufo is anotther case of a very good striker for a sub-topper ala Sibon or Anastastiou but "net niet" for a top 3 club?

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
N'Kufo has Bundesliga experience and is without a doubt good enough for a step higher than Twente. I am quite sure he would have made his mark at a top-3 team as well. This man is pure class.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
I'm not so sure though and with his age I don't think the top 3 will sign him either, unless it's for a backup spot like Yannis has now for example at Ajax, but for the starting spots in the team most prefer a younger player, who might be a bit more expensive, but who can still be sold for a nice profit if he'll do well at the club.

Still a good signing for Twente and the Dutch league in general. Twente showed with his absence that they rely very much on him, since after the departure of John they don't have a great second striker anymore.

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
N'Kufo kan naar Frankrijk

[24/05/2004] Blaise N'Kufo lijkt volgend seizoen niet meer te spelen voor FC Twente. De aanvaller heeft een aanbieding op zak van een Franse club, zo meldt RTV Oost. N'Kufo heeft een gelimiteerde transfersom, die geen probleem lijk te zijn voor de Franse club. N'Kufo was dit seizoen een van de smaakmakers bij FC Twente en viel op door zijn veertien doelpunten. Volgens geruchten zou het hier om Montpellier gaan, de nummer laatst in de Franse competitie.

Aan het begin van het seizoen huurde FC Twente de aanvaller van Hannover '96. FC Twente kon de speler aan het einde van het seizoen overnemen voor 750.000 euro. Dat heeft de club inmiddels gedaan. N'Kufo heeft nu een doorlopend contract in Enschede met opnieuw een gelimiteerde transfersom, FC Twente zou flink geld verdienen aan een transfer.
This must be one of the briefest stay a player would have ever had at a club!!

Strange move though if it were to materialize. Sure Twente could always do well with the cash but would N'Kufo want to move to the French second division?!

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Indeed a very weird move if it would happen. If it was a subtopper/mid table team in France it was somehow understandable, but Montpellier? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Dutch TT now also reports that he will leave. For who, that's still unknown though. Only they have signed a new Swiss already with Alfonso who was recommended by Blaise himself.

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BTW It will be his 12th club in his career he'll be going to when he leaves :dazed: you thought that guys who get older would like to settle down a bit but it isn't always the case.

It'll be a question whether that Swiss kid will adapt since that Austrian kid Kollerman (spelling) sort of ran away from Enschede away after a few months. Maybe the whole N'Kufo transfer thing has to do too with that Enschede isn't the most exciting place to live in :eek: :D

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
True and Twente won't even play European next year. They see a good coach leaving, like Ramzi and perhaps Gakhokidze as well. Plus Montpellier will be offering more cash and the top of the French 2nd division is not that bad.

Also, on this Kollmann guy. Any idea who was topscorer of the Austrian league this year? Yes. ;) I still find it strange how so many players fail to adapt in the Dutch league.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Kollman was simply pathetic. Had nothing to do with adapting to the league. He also wasn't a kid btw Wally.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
I'm not saying he is a great player, but let's face it: It is strange that a player who tops the topscorers list in Austria, is so poor in Holland. I've always wondered why so many players fail to impress in Holland, while they are good abroad.

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Which players btw?
From Feyenoord I can only think of Henrik Larsson, who was played in the wrong position by Haan :eek: and he also wasn't that brilliant here. He improved massively in Glasgow.
Others, maybe Somalia, who is doing ok at a Brazilian club. Most of the foreign disappointments we've had haven't really improved their careers when they left us, ie. Picun, Graff, Pablo Sanchez, Dennis Kloujev, Tati Montoya ( :D ) and Aros. Emerton has actually gone backwards at Blackburn, seems to have lost it there!

Ajax, ok, you have MArcio Santos :D but other than him, none of your disappointments have really gone to improve themselves.

Adoptation problems can't be the reason for N'Kufo and Kollerman since Germany is just next door for them, esp N'Kufo who played there. I guess Blase's just leaving a sinking ship as you say Prince with Vandereycken and Ramzi also leaving.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Take Addo at PSV for instance who was good in Belgium. You already mentioned Larsson and Somalia (who went on to do great in Brazil with Sao Caetano). Take the problems Georgi Kinkladze had at Ajax, while being good in England. Take Julien Escudé, take Czech NT player Grygera, take Belgian star Sonck. All fail to show their full potential in the Dutch league. I'm sure there are more, but I can't recall at the moment.

Take ex-Feyenoord players Graff and Glaucio, who were poor in R'dam, but after that they have been undoubted starters in La Liga for Rayo.

I just recall a few names who failed to fulfill their potential in the Eredivisie, Georg Koch who was decent in Germany and moreover Yougoslavian NT goalie Ivica Kralj.

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As for Graff possibly (though I still think he was poor) and many South Americans (and other foreign players but especially South Americans) in Europe in general, many aren't given enough time to adapt. All need at least 6 months to adapt. You only have to look at Aimar who was poor at Valencia in the beginning, Franca at Bayer Leverkusen, same for Crespo in his first year at Parma. Robert Pires was very average in his first year at Arsenal and even our own Dennis needed 2 or 3 months to even score his first goal for Arsenal. Escude imo is good but needs time. He already has shown in the latter stages of the season that he has improved.

This above btw. doesn't apply to Picun, Marcos, Gabrich, Juan or Tati Montoya. They were just total shit :D

Sonck in contrast, I'm not totallly convinced of even though he's been played on the right wing and not in his natural forward position. I don't think he's that talented. More of a Dirk Kuijt type of player who isn't gifted really but makes it up with hard work and determination. If Kuijt and Sonck went abroad, the best club they'd be able to get into in the premiership would be something like Portsmouth or Everton.

Grygera might be like several other Eastern European players, (Not totally sure about him though since he's only been here for a year) where they seem to only excel in their national sides and for clubs in their homeland. There is no doubt about their talent but they seem to not do well in western Europe and the list includes Rebrov, Kralj (but he is mediocre imo), Karel Poborsky (terrible at Man U, Benfica but slightly better at Lazio), Hagi, Dimitrescu and some others.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts