Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read that Luc Nilis can't play in the first round of the intertoto cup. It has something to do that he can't be registred in time. Is this true ?

D

·
0 Posts
He needs a brief holiday too don't you think?
When does Villa play in the Intertoto, in something like only 2 weeks time right?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, he may have a holiday :)

But i read that he couldn't play for Villa in the intertoto because his contract will be signed too late officially for the free transfer..
And it would be too bad if they would miss them the whole intertoto cup i think ;)

I think they still have 3 weeks but i'm not sure. Maybe a true Villa fan can answer it :)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
They wont need him for the first round of the intertoto anyway...villa will probably face the 7th team of Lithuania or the 6th team of belarus or something like that...

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Well this hasn't come up in the English press yet, at the moment it is all about Ugo Vs JG!

Why is it the Belgian grapevine works quicker than the English???

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, first was said he could miss only the first round (that would not be bad) but some other say that he could miss the whole intertoto cup and that would be too bad i think.

But if it has not come up in England yet it could be wrong and they did look at some 'old' rules or something..

In a few days the exact info will get out i think.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
I really hope that the Belgians are wrong..we really need Luc for this!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Belgians wrong with something :confused: .. well, it wouldn't be the first time :rolleyes: :):)

If this news hasn't been in England yet then the belgian journalist thought he had something exclusive but must be wrong :)
I hate such things. You don't put it in a newspaper when you're not 100 % sure about something like this :mad:

Now i hope he isn't right afterall because it would be bad for me but most of all you ofcourse ;)

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Well Kevin, it appears that you or the journalist could be right...apparently (according to Jlloyd's Inter 2 bob cup topic) Nilis needs to be signed on June 30th...but that is when his PSV contract runs out...not sure if this is for the whole Cup or not!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, if that's true ... By this way my excuses to the journalist, he did a good job :)

Never underestimate a Belgian :D

According to that i think he only can't play the first round. So that's good news.

Last year my team bought one player and he couldn't play the first 2 rounds but the third (and last) one he did because then it was ok for him to play.
And i think that what was the third round for us is your first round. You can step in later because you're team is better ;)

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
I hope that is the case Kevin!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts